What is your favorite hex perk?
My favorite is Hex devour. While i dislike that the longevity of hexes is often less than a minute since everyone knows where totems are on each map, and unlike boons they are 1 time use, when your hex stays up i adore hex devour so much.
You get rewarded for leaving the hook and if its not taken out in time you get exposed and if really lucky you get the mori.
It may be my favorite perk in the whole game even if its utility often doesnt come to fruition.
Comments
Blood favour
Devour Hope. It's the perfect Hex in my opinion, being very high risk to run but having an immense payoff when you do get it to work.
A close second goes to Haunted Ground, because I love the trap aspect of it. Also, I like to think that I had a bit of a hand in its creation back in the day. That said, due to it being a trap i don't really view it as a "real" Hex Perk.
Plaything
Its stable. All the others are dead most of the time (Ruin, Undying, Devour, Blood etc.].
Plaything / Pentimento is my favourite combo
i think plaything works as a soft counter to boons as you can kill 4 totems with plaything, have one hex with it like pentimento and boons cease to be a problem. tho i have noticed far far less boon usage. less DH as well which is odd since patch hasnt launched yet
None, because half of them are so weak they shouldn't even be hexes, and the other half keeping getting gutted until they get on the same level.
...assuming any of them last more than 30 seconds to begin with.
Honestly I never use them but pentimento is a cool take on a hex perk and it’s effects are pretty powerful
You can boon a plaything totem to keep it from breaking, allowing for more booning in the future unless the killer wasted a perk slot on the bandaid fix for that situation. But don't worry, pentimento can only be used once per totem though, making the 5 stack virtually impossible to ever achieve anymore :)
Honestly with ruin being gutted to oblivion is there any other hex that is usable outside of a meme build or combo?
Devour Hope. I like mories :)
Devour, I love the risk/reward, and I love moris
Props for using the word fruition.
Haunted Grounds. Because Hex perks are awful to use and obscenely broken, but at least Haunted Grounds is made to be broken.
Totally agree. But only on certain killers.
Plaything. Unbelievably reliable for a hex perk; it always gives you good slowdown or free hits and easy approaches. Often, you get both. If it's not on a stealth or lullaby killer, you'll get good use out of it.
I do love Devour for being an amazing example of the reward being worth the risk (unlike a lot of hexes that are high risk ok reward, it's a genuine gamechanger), and how it forces survivors to change tracks when it goes live, but the inequality of totem spawns messes with it quite a lot. On many maps, there's basically zero chance of it lasting to a single hook because all the totems are next to gens or out in the open.
It’s Huntress Lullaby. I know, I know, I don’t use it consistently either. It’s my favorite though and I always try and make a build around it once in awhile. I don’t really know why, I guess it just appeals to me to have a Hex that grows in power and the random fail gen checks that start popping mid match. Gives me a case of the giggles.
Blood favour. Makes meat plant a -lot- more bearable, also particularly fun on plague
Haunted grounds, its always a joy to hear it go off right before a survivor is hit.
I'll forever miss old undying + haunted grounds.