Tunneling and camping have gone out of control

Well, I just wanted to see if it's only me, or if you all have gotten into matches lately, got chased, got hooked, camped, or tunneled, and then out of the game, with this particular loop put on repeat on each and every single match. Cause that's what's been happening to me lately. And I absolutely got tired of it. I am not a survivor main, btw, I actually main killer, but I have also come to enjoy survivor gameplay as well lately. The problem is that this cycle put on repeat forever has become so frustrating. I promise I am not even baiting BT hits or DSes, I just try to play the game normally, but the killers still just want to tunnel. And I am done.

The last drop was this match I just had against a Nemesis on The Game, that tunneled as I've never seen before. He didn't even try to hide it or to cycle a different survivor in between my hooks. He just tunneled straight in our face and we could do nothing about it because he just tanked all the BTs and the DSes and still went after the unhooked survivor. And he literally tunneled each hook state of each survivor individually. Sometimes I get tunneling a person after 2 or 3 gens have been finished, but I cannot understand a Nemesis that tunnels like that from the beginning of the game till the end of it. It's like that was his sole mission in that match like he was doing an only tunnel challenge.

Because of this tunneling issue the game has, I've been taking it easier lately, playing DBD maybe once or twice a week. Well, I just wanted to say and also let Behaviour know that if they don't do something about tunneling and camping, all the survivor player base will just follow the same path as me. And that is, leave the game. As much as I love DBD and its core design and the 4v1 aspect of it, I cannot physically take more tunneling than I already have. Therefore I must proceed and say goodbye to this game for the time being and look into other games that can actually be fun to play, and not frustrating.

Comments

  • Yep. Before this patch I'd usually 3k playing like that. With this update, it's even easier. I've been letting the survivors escape with this update though because it's rough for them and even easier now for killer. Playing chill is the most fun I have playing killer with whacky builds.

  • @MasterGS32 said:

    Well, I just wanted to see if it's only me, or if you all have gotten into matches lately, got chased, got hooked, camped, or tunneled, and then out of the game, with this particular loop put on repeat on each and every single match. Cause that's what's been happening to me lately. And I absolutely got tired of it. I am not a survivor main, btw, I actually main killer, but I have also come to enjoy survivor gameplay as well lately. The problem is that this cycle put on repeat forever has become so frustrating. I promise I am not even baiting BT hits or DSes, I just try to play the game normally, but the killers still just want to tunnel. And I am done.

    The last drop was this match I just had against a Nemesis on The Game, that tunneled as I've never seen before. He didn't even try to hide it or to cycle a different survivor in between my hooks. He just tunneled straight in our face and we could do nothing about it because he just tanked all the BTs and the DSes and still went after the unhooked survivor. And he literally tunneled each hook state of each survivor individually. Sometimes I get tunneling a person after 2 or 3 gens have been finished, but I cannot understand a Nemesis that tunnels like that from the beginning of the game till the end of it. It's like that was his sole mission in that match like he was doing an only tunnel challenge.

    Because of this tunneling issue the game has, I've been taking it easier lately, playing DBD maybe once or twice a week. Well, I just wanted to say and also let Behaviour know that if they don't do something about tunneling and camping, all the survivor player base will just follow the same path as me. And that is, leave the game. As much as I love DBD and its core design and the 4v1 aspect of it, I cannot physically take more tunneling than I already have. Therefore I must proceed and say goodbye to this game for the time being and look into other games that can actually be fun to play, and not frustrating.

    "I'm not a Survivor main no no no, BUT I've been taking a break from DbD because of frustrating Survivor games and I failed to loop well even with pre nerf DS and BT. As NOT A SURVIVOR MAIN CLEARLY PRETENDING BADLY TO MAIN KILLER, many of the Survivor base will take the same path as me, a Killer main, who took a DbD break from being bad at Survivor."

    Yeah dude we get it, you were an annoying survivor main who ran meta and still felt entitled to get a full 4 man escape lol

  • @Ghostofsnow said:

    Why they chose to nerf DS then just give us a 5second BT any killer can wait out and decrease on hit distance gains thinking it'd fix camping or tunneling I'll never know.

    Really should of given us baseline kindered . Be a big simple buff to solo que and give crutial info on when it's time for a save or not

    Basekit Kindred, Empathy and Bond, a ping system, text and voice chat for Survivors only.

    The DS nerf makes no sense, the BT basekit doesn't help at all either with the current chase buffs lol

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087165#Comment_3087165

    I cannot believe there are nigh-30 Killers in this game and Herman is living in your head rent free.

    Again, keep sticking your head in the sand.

  • To what? The fact you think hiding from the killer is literally impossible? Because you hate doctor's blast? WEAK.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087473#Comment_3087473

    To what? The fact you think hiding from the killer is literally impossible? Because you hate doctor's blast? WEAK.

    No, to the fact that the game isn't designed around 'never being spotted'.

  • I have a rule. If people get tunneled/camped three matches in a row I stop playing dbd for a day. I usually play 3 dbd matches in a day. Well not anymore, I play 0 now cause this update killed already ######### soloQ experience.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087492#Comment_3087492

    No, to the fact that the game isn't designed around 'never being spotted'.

    The game is designed around TRYING not to. The game is designed around making an effort to avoid being killed, and you do that PRIMARILY with stealth and looping as a LAST RESORT.


    But people got real cozy with saying to heck with stealth, I'm gonna go get into a chase right now! And now their precious E key got dismantled, their Ninja perk got dismantled, and they can't do it as well anymore, so clearly the game is "broken" because of that.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087498#Comment_3087498

    The game is designed around TRYING not to. The game is designed around making an effort to avoid being killed, and you do that PRIMARILY with stealth and looping as a LAST RESORT.

    But people got real cozy with saying to heck with stealth, I'm gonna go get into a chase right now! And now their precious E key got dismantled, their Ninja perk got dismantled, and they can't do it as well anymore, so clearly the game is "broken" because of that.

    It's not designed around not being spotted. That's the point.

    I replied to you calling 'you got spotted' a mistake, when the game is designed in a way that all but guarantees that someone is going to get spotted. You're laying that at the survivors' feet as if they screwed up somehow, when in reality, in most cases, there's nothing survivors can do to prevent being spotted if they actually want to have a chance at winning.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087173#Comment_3087173

    Yep. Before this patch I'd usually 3k playing like that. With this update, it's even easier. I've been letting the survivors escape with this update though because it's rough for them and even easier now for killer. Playing chill is the most fun I have playing killer with whacky builds.

    Well there you go. You're not facing higher caliber survivors because you're just letting people go.

  • @MasterGS32 said:

    As a killer main I also try to avoid tunneling and camping, cause I try to have fun. Maybe that's why I don't understand why other killers have to play like that. For example, when I play Blight I literally play him perkless, just for fun.

    On the break topic, I guess it's a good thing that Smite has grown on me lately. Maybe I can swap to it being my game of choice for a while.

    Dunno about these days, but Smite is a solid game, at least when I played it. I mained Janus, Nox and Aphrodite.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087332#Comment_3087332

    Well there you go. You're not facing higher caliber survivors because you're just letting people go.

    I'm fine with that.

  • I'm beyond tired of it. Five games now. FIVE in a row. Camping and tunneling in all of them. Hitting players on hook while they stare them in the face. Last game I was taken off hook to be chased across the ######### map just to down me again while Jane was running right next to her. IT's ridiculous and honestly i'm ######### over it.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087142#Comment_3087142

    I have gone entire games and escaped without the killer laying eyes on me. This "impossible" claim is complete bullcrap.

    Sounds like the blendette of the bush. Nice to have teammates carry while you cower in the corner, Scooby.

  • @aarontendo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087146#Comment_3087146

    Sounds like the blendette of the bush. Nice to have teammates carry while you cower in the corner, Scooby.

    My Ash with a bright blue shirt is far from a Blendette. I just get off the damn gen when the Killer starts coming, and I do not unhook in his face.

1 2 3 4 ›