I turned off cross-play on xbox

I wanted to see what would happen. It took 28 minutes to get into a game. The quality of the gameplay was not worth the wait. The game lasted less than 20 minutes. The match didn't seem any different than when cross-play is enabled. I wanted to test out the theory that console players are not as good as pc players. It literally felt the same. The main difference that I noticed was that the killer didn't camp or tunnel. I know that one game isn't a good enough example to draw any conclusions from, but I'm not waiting another 25+ minutes to try that again.

Anyone play on console with cross-play disabled? I'm curious to hear if you've noticed any differences in the general gameplay?

Comments

  • The game lasted less than 20 minutes.

    matches usually don’t last 20 min or longer..


    I wanted to test out the theory that console players are not as good as pc players

    main difference is that killers have it harder because of controller and that maybe running along edges etc can’t be done as fluently as M&K, but console players aren’t generally worse.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    I wanted to see what would happen. It took 28 minutes to get into a game. The quality of the gameplay was not worth the wait. The game lasted less than 20 minutes. The match didn't seem any different than when cross-play is enabled. I wanted to test out the theory that console players are not as good as pc players. It literally felt the same. The main difference that I noticed was that the killer didn't camp or tunnel. I know that one game isn't a good enough example to draw any conclusions from, but I'm not waiting another 25+ minutes to try that again.

    Anyone play on console with cross-play disabled? I'm curious to hear if you've noticed any differences in the general gameplay?

    A 20min game is usually a worst-case scenario. Like two survivors left, 3+ gens still up, and each survivor is waiting out the killer finding the other so they can attempt the hatch or seeing if the killer will give up and DC.

    Good or bad, most trials last ~10min or less.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333616/i-turned-off-cross-play-on-xbox

    A 20min game is usually a worst-case scenario. Like two survivors left, 3+ gens still up, and each survivor is waiting out the killer finding the other so they can attempt the hatch or seeing if the killer will give up and DC.

    Good or bad, most trials last ~10min or less.

    must have been a self care lobby against a legion

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333616/i-turned-off-cross-play-on-xbox

    A 20min game is usually a worst-case scenario. Like two survivors left, 3+ gens still up, and each survivor is waiting out the killer finding the other so they can attempt the hatch or seeing if the killer will give up and DC.

    Good or bad, most trials last ~10min or less.

    My trials usually last around 15-20 mins when I win. I quess im slow but I don't try to force the game to end. Like some killers when they get first kill they slug remaining survivors and end match there but I do that rarely and survivors has to make huge mistakes.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333616/i-turned-off-cross-play-on-xbox

    A 20min game is usually a worst-case scenario. Like two survivors left, 3+ gens still up, and each survivor is waiting out the killer finding the other so they can attempt the hatch or seeing if the killer will give up and DC.

    Good or bad, most trials last ~10min or less.

    We won.

  • Nobody had self care. The match was against The Plague.

  • Crossplay off is pointless because you only match others who have crossplay off too and when it's on by default it's not going to be many at all. If you could still match the Xbox players who are in the crossplay on pool then it'd be better.

  • Nobody plays crossplay off on Series X.

    It took me three hours to find a lobby when I first had my Series X

  • XSX with crossplay off will only get matched with other XSX players, as it counts as it's own plattform for some reason. I'm still not sure if that's BHVRs or Microsofts choice, because Xbox is just one plattform, be it original Xbox One, Xbox One X, XS/S or XSX - they all should be able to get matched together with crossplay off.

    At this point XSX players (and PS5 players aswell i think) are still forced to enable crossplay just due the fact not many ppl even have a XSX and queue times would take ages.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    I wanted to see what would happen. It took 28 minutes to get into a game. The quality of the gameplay was not worth the wait. The game lasted less than 20 minutes. The match didn't seem any different than when cross-play is enabled. I wanted to test out the theory that console players are not as good as pc players. It literally felt the same. The main difference that I noticed was that the killer didn't camp or tunnel. I know that one game isn't a good enough example to draw any conclusions from, but I'm not waiting another 25+ minutes to try that again.

    Anyone play on console with cross-play disabled? I'm curious to hear if you've noticed any differences in the general gameplay?

    Usually SWF for me , and yeah the hour long ######### wait times just to get one AFK player in lobby and no one else joins lmao