Matchmaking...

I want to show an example of how bad matchmaking is. In the 2 screenshots we see the same survivor facing my killer at Ash 4 and 5 min later playing in the same lobby with my survivor Iridescent 2. How and why is beyond me

I partially marked the name for privacy, but it has to be shown a bit to see that this player was in my killer and survivor lobby at completely different ranks.

P.S I ranked to Ash 3 after the match. Also, I was in my winning streak as solo survivor

If someone has an explanation, please share.

2.png 1.png


Comments

  • Grades (Ranks) are nothing for matchmaking. Everyone have mmr levels and matchmaking is looking that.

  • Grades arent used for matchmaking. Dont know why people still think it would.

  • I mean no disrespect in the slightest but screenshots about matchmaking have zero value anymore. Chances are your all roughly around the same mmr.

    Sure a downhill match can set the scores pretty low but in an rng game there's too much to factor in. Even the lowest scoring players here still ran meta builds.

  • @Sepex said:

    I mean no disrespect in the slightest but screenshots about matchmaking have zero value anymore. Chances are your all roughly around the same mmr.

    Sure a downhill match can set the scores pretty low but in an rng game there's too much to factor in here.

    I haven't played killer in a while, and I've been having a win streak on survivor, so it makes no sense to have the same MMR on both killer and survivor. Also, how small is the player base to get the same survivor twice. And, ranking does matter, not like it used to, but it has an effect

  • @foodie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052515#Comment_3052515

    I haven't played killer in a while, and I've been having a win streak on survivor, so it makes no sense to have the same MMR on both killer and survivor. Also, how small is the player base to get the same survivor twice. And, ranking does matter, not like it used to, but it has an effect

    It depends on your mmr levels, zone and time.

    I mean even you are on high mmr, you will get probably bad survivors when you play morning because most of people at job/school. Things happen.

    But MMR is bad system, we can agree on that. It destroyed my solo survivor exp.

  • The MM is really flawed. I've played against killers I recognise from survivor lobby and vice versa. If your'e in a region with less players you just get bundled together. MM basically says "any match is better than no match" after a while. Also doesn't help with other killers skipping sus lobbies.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052522#Comment_3052522

    It depends on your mmr levels, zone and time.

    I mean even you are on high mmr, you will get probably bad survivors when you play morning because most of people at job/school. Things happen.

    But MMR is bad system, we can agree on that. It destroyed my solo survivor exp.

    It's the weekend and it's the afternoon for me, but yes the mmr system is obviously not working as intended

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052522#Comment_3052522

    But that's the thing, it doesn't. Take survivor for example. You can have but a month of nothing but deaths and hartch escapes. Your MMR isn't going to go up but you can still easily get it Iri grade doing that.

    No, getting iri means you've been playing and have had wins, therefore you should not be paired with the lowest rank. Being Ash means that you haven't played and/or you haven't had any wins. And again I've been escaping through the gates with all the team or 1-2 kills, therefore my teammates should not be the same ones I have on my killer on which I haven't played since the rank reset.

  • What people need to understand is that SBMM is fundamentally broken. You can spend the entire weekend coming up with excuses as to why matches are unbalanced (ur bad, not enough people etc), but the underlying issue is that the kill/escape=skill formula will give you a rating that is utterly worthless. If you had a magic wand that ensured every single player in every single lobby had the same exact MMR, you would still end up with one side demolishing the other. Unfortunately, the devs don't have the resources or the interest to change this system, so we are stuck with it.