Trickster Needs Slowdown & Information Perks

So I play Trickster, an obviously weak killer (buff when?), but I like his lore and aesthetic so It's hard for me to switch. I feel like I NEED corrupt intervention to get anything done. I mostly like the information at the beginning, knowing where survivors might be and the slowdown helps. But I want that spot for better gen regression. Even something like Dragon's Grip, to target specific survivors.

I'm trying to brainstorm either existing perks to help me out at the beginning of the round or what new perks that do something similar may look like as a suggestion but I'm a bit stumped. I've considered Lethal Pursuer but I don't want to buy Nemesis. I love RE but I'm just not interested in that dlc. For the record, I am a relatively new play, with only a few hundred hours so I def also just need to get better.

Comments

  • A lot of Killers (any Killer that isn't Blight or Nurse) need slowdown and information Perks to have a chance at winning

  • https://youtu.be/pi4dHC_IP08

    This will help you a lot. It explains the spawn logic at a general level. You really don't need Lethal Pursuer to find survivors easily. Lethal will pinpoint them for killers like Huntress or Billy, but it's a luxury perk beyond that.

    Beyond the general spawn rules, every map is relatively static depending on where the killer spawned. It takes time to learn, but you can pretty much spawn in and beeline to a survivor spawn on most maps.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://youtu.be/pi4dHC_IP08

    This will help you a lot. It explains the spawn logic at a general level. You really don't need Lethal Pursuer to find survivors easily. Lethal will pinpoint them for killers like Huntress or Billy, but it's a luxury perk beyond that.

    Beyond the general spawn rules, every map is relatively static depending on where the killer spawned. It takes time to learn, but you can pretty much spawn in and beeline to a survivor spawn on most maps.

    Thanks! I definitely need help with finding survivors without that info. But still looking for slowdown perk suggestions.

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    A lot of Killers (any Killer that isn't Blight or Nurse) need slowdown and information Perks to have a chance at winning

    I mean, yes they all do. But don't act like Trickster is amongst the cream of the crop lmao

  • Honestly, I tend to mostly use information perks on Trickster. I just find it to be fun. My main build consists of BBQ, Floods of Rage, Darkness Revealed, and Iron Maiden with specifically the diamond cufflinks add-on for more auras. I will definitely use Lethal Pursuer on him when the perk update comes. Corrupt and Pain Res are both pretty good slowdown perks for him if you want that as well. I'd also say Plaything is pretty underrated on him because of how his donut-shaped lullaby works.

  • @Sherbert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051260#Comment_3051260

    Thanks! I definitely need help with finding survivors without that info. But still looking for slowdown perk suggestions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051257#Comment_3051257

    I mean, yes they all do. But don't act like Trickster is amongst the cream of the crop lmao

    I'm not, he's among the worst Killers in the game, with a situational 1v1 that only works if Survivors allow it and without any 1v4 pressure

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://youtu.be/pi4dHC_IP08

    This will help you a lot. It explains the spawn logic at a general level. You really don't need Lethal Pursuer to find survivors easily. Lethal will pinpoint them for killers like Huntress or Billy, but it's a luxury perk beyond that.

    Beyond the general spawn rules, every map is relatively static depending on where the killer spawned. It takes time to learn, but you can pretty much spawn in and beeline to a survivor spawn on most maps.

    HOLY CRAP. I rarely watch a video and go, "Yup, I just got better by virtue of sitting on my ass and watching a video without any practice." But that's how I feel after watching this.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051260#Comment_3051260

    HOLY CRAP. I rarely watch a video and go, "Yup, I just got better by virtue of sitting on my ass and watching a video without any practice." But that's how I feel after watching this.

    Glad it helped! Lots of basic chase tutorials out there, but stuff like this will put you over the top on killer. TricksterShadow is insanely good and super informative, but he mainly plays VHS these days.

  • @Sherbert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051260#Comment_3051260

    Thanks! I definitely need help with finding survivors without that info. But still looking for slowdown perk suggestions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051257#Comment_3051257

    I mean, yes they all do. But don't act like Trickster is amongst the cream of the crop lmao

    For slowdown perks builds I have a few that I mainly run.

    Corrupt/Pop/No Way Out/chase perk

    Ruin/Pentimento/Undying/Thrill(or Haunted Grounds)

    Corrupt/Thana/Pain Res/flex slot(I like Rancor)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051362#Comment_3051362

    For slowdown perks builds I have a few that I mainly run.

    Corrupt/Pop/No Way Out/chase perk

    Ruin/Pentimento/Undying/Thrill(or Haunted Grounds)

    Corrupt/Thana/Pain Res/flex slot(I like Rancor)

    Yeah, that video was very helpful. I watch a lot of killer mains on youtube, despite me being just gravitating more towards survivors at times. But this genuinely really helped!

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051362#Comment_3051362

    For slowdown perks builds I have a few that I mainly run.

    Corrupt/Pop/No Way Out/chase perk

    Ruin/Pentimento/Undying/Thrill(or Haunted Grounds)

    Corrupt/Thana/Pain Res/flex slot(I like Rancor)

    And thank you for these perk suggestions!

  • @Remedicist said:

    Honestly, I tend to mostly use information perks on Trickster. I just find it to be fun. My main build consists of BBQ, Floods of Rage, Darkness Revealed, and Iron Maiden with specifically the diamond cufflinks add-on for more auras. I will definitely use Lethal Pursuer on him when the perk update comes. Corrupt and Pain Res are both pretty good slowdown perks for him if you want that as well. I'd also say Plaything is pretty underrated on him because of how his donut-shaped lullaby works.

    I was thinking about plaything earlier! Maybe I should give it a go! Thank you

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051362#Comment_3051362

    I'm not, he's among the worst Killers in the game, with a situational 1v1 that only works if Survivors allow it and without any 1v4 pressure

    Worst? That is straight up not true.


    I agree with that he heavily relies on slowdown perks. But you're also right that this is true for other killers. Let's say the upcoming update alleviates that issue a little. What else does he have?


    Trickster is hard to use because your ability to aim and mindgame with knives is how you win as him. I see so many situations of mediocre Trickster mains missing so many hits that an expert Trickster would land most of them and make the chase significantly shorter (and to be fair, I'm an average Trickster. Not an expert). I would have so many more 4ks if I had a mouse to aim on.

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051393#Comment_3051393

    Worst? That is straight up not true.

    I agree with that he heavily relies on slowdown perks. But you're also right that this is true for other killers. Let's say the upcoming update alleviates that issue a little. What else does he have?

    Trickster is hard to use because your ability to aim and mindgame with knives is how you win as him. I see so many situations of mediocre Trickster mains missing so many hits that an expert Trickster would land most of them and make the chase significantly shorter (and to be fair, I'm an average Trickster. Not an expert). I would have so many more 4ks if I had a mouse to aim on.

    A mouse wouldn't make a difference. Trickster is bad in the 1v1 if the Survivor is smart and uses ShiftW with high-wall'd loops

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051490#Comment_3051490

    A mouse wouldn't make a difference. Trickster is bad in the 1v1 if the Survivor is smart and uses ShiftW with high-wall'd loops

    Oh it absolutely does make a difference. Trickster is similar to how a first person shooter works, and as someone with experience with shooters on mouse vs. controller stick there is a major difference.


    I agree that high walls beat Trickster. Heck, the main building of Crotus Prenn is my kryptonite. It's not over for Trickster though. Getting creative with your knives and mindgaming can get you quick downs on high-walls. I can show you proof of that if you'd like. Trickster is more complicated than people think.

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051492#Comment_3051492

    Oh it absolutely does make a difference. Trickster is similar to how a first person shooter works, and as someone with experience with shooters on mouse vs. controller stick there is a major difference.

    I agree that high walls beat Trickster. Heck, the main building of Crotus Prenn is my kryptonite. It's not over for Trickster though. Getting creative with your knives and mindgaming can get you quick downs on high-walls. I can show you proof of that if you'd like. Trickster is more complicated than people think.

    I genuinely doubt creativity will get you wins against smart Survivors

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051492#Comment_3051492

    Oh it absolutely does make a difference. Trickster is similar to how a first person shooter works, and as someone with experience with shooters on mouse vs. controller stick there is a major difference.

    I agree that high walls beat Trickster. Heck, the main building of Crotus Prenn is my kryptonite. It's not over for Trickster though. Getting creative with your knives and mindgaming can get you quick downs on high-walls. I can show you proof of that if you'd like. Trickster is more complicated than people think.

    While you have some points, I'm not asking about aim. My aim is bad because I'm not used to FPS but I'm not complaining about aiming because that'll just get better with time. He is absolutely one of the worst killers. Ofc, that's my opinion but it is a heavily agreed-upon opinion from the months I've been watching vids, looking at forums, and twitter. But what I can say is that my aim improved immensely once I switched from mouse to controller on PC. Which I hate because the mouse is so useful for losing killers as a survivor. Trickster is undoubtedly hard to use but will he get easier with the new changes? No. I'm betting he's going to be rarely seen because of all the survivor buffs, regardless of killer buffs, because he mainly doesn't benefit.

    I want to clarify, I don't play at a particularly high or low MMR and I "win" (3k+) around half my matches. I'm not like lost or helpless by any means. Just not super experienced with killers yet.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051508#Comment_3051508

    I genuinely doubt creativity will get you wins against smart Survivors

    Define smart survivors.

  • Aren't caught in the open, split up on Generators, take hits and aggro when needed, loop or ShiftW depending on the situation and don't fall for usual mingames.

    Some of the things on the top of my head