Boon Totems
The totem should really get destroyed after the killer snuffs it. If it takes a few extra seconds fine, but being able to reuse boon totems infinitely is just too powerful. Allowing the totem to be destroyed will still let boons be used multiple times, but it would require a different totem each time which would make it more prohibitive to use, and require more though in its placement.
Comments
Your post is currently on General Discussions still, but after that it may not get viewed as much (that's what I was told if you didn't know that so sorry about being moved.)
If you have an issue with boons so much couldn't you just tunnel out the survivor with the boon?
Killers also have a perk to literally do what you are asking with the same time to snuff it out regularly which only takes like 1-2 seconds vs the 14/24 seconds it takes to bless a totem and an aura reading added bonus for the range of the boon
People talk about how boons are OP... they're not... Most boons (all but one... you know the one) are just fine as is. Name a boon that you can build a legit case for, aside for CoH for being op? The time it takes to bless a boon, that only really gives the survivor value situationally, vs a quick stomp? I'd argue its a wash.
This is the issue with CoH. CoH is the swf to the other boon's solo queue. People want these boon nerfs that will just make all the other, average at best boon perks even more useless.
Personally, I think CoH is fine after its 3rd nerf. I'd be ok with them nerfing it again to the point where it doesn't give any boost to healing speed, so if a survivor is healing you, even in the boon radius, still takes 16 seconds, unless they're using botony knowledge or a med kit.
Outside of that I think CoH is fine, and the way boons work in general is fine. I just don't think I've ever played a match as killer where I lost and it was solely because of CoH. I'm sure its happened. Its I'm sure its happened with other perks too. I've probably lost a match because I slugged someone during EGC that had unbreakable and it snowballed from there. But I don't think the perk needs a rework bc the other team got big value out of it.
Sometimes I let them keep CoH if they're the type that won't play injured. They waste LOADS of time healing after hits, and I always know where to find survivors.
Yes, also this. Some nerfs killers want, I'd be ok with if they had a perk for it. For example, some want the gates to regress if they don't open it so no more 99'ing. I don't know why killers blame not getting 4k's on this, as it makes survivors come back into the map. If they have to open it, they'll likely just leave, so I think its a pointless change to ask for. But, If they made a perk that did this automatically and the killer wants to use a slot for it, I say, go for it. In this case with boons, there is already a perk for it, and it should require taking up a perk slot IMO.
Boons are not THAT strong.
I have played with them in solo, and it's pure 50/50 if they ever give any value.
SWF is broken in general, everything is broken with it.