Why are some names ************

So I had originally assumed that these were PC users either making their names ********* or PC Users who made their names something naughty and the BHVR servers caught it with the anti-swear thingy they have on the end game chat filter but...

I just ran into a Xbox user who also had the ********* name. Which completely kills that theory since I know we can't change our names and if the name on here was inappropriate, it would be flagged by Xbox (and since I can see their profile, I know their name isn't vulgar or naughty or anything).

So....

What's up with the ********* profile names? Anyone know?

Comments

  • Well, the answer to that is pretty simple. It's because ***** *********** **** *****.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    Well, the answer to that is pretty simple. It's because ***** *********** **** *****.

    Well now I feel like a dummy! It's so obvious now that you pointed it out

  • Well the censor everything, Even normal words. I Mean it's a game where you murder people and the world "kill" gets censored sometimes. It's probably a filtered word that blocked it

  • Do not type the name of the character who has the teachable for Calm Spirit

    worst mistake of my life

  • Do you mean literal asterisks or the box/rectangular characters? If it's the box characters, it's because the name is written in a language that doesn't use the Roman alphabet (i.e., Hangul). If it's a literal asterisk, ShrimpTwiggs is wrong. It's because of **** *** ** **** ***.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Do you mean literal asterisks or the box/rectangular characters? If it's the box characters, it's because the name is written in a language that doesn't use the Roman alphabet (i.e., Hangul). If it's a literal asterisk, ShrimpTwiggs is wrong. It's because of **** *** ** **** ***.

    Literal * as their name. Just a bunch of them in a row.

  • @Maverick_74F said:

    Well the censor everything, Even normal words. I Mean it's a game where you murder people and the world "kill" gets censored sometimes. It's probably a filtered word that blocked it

    I'm not on PC so this is probably a dumb question but does the censor thing affect names? I was under the impression it was just the end game chat as I've seen some pretty hella dirty names for PC peeps...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050652#Comment_3050652

    I'm not on PC so this is probably a dumb question but does the censor thing affect names? I was under the impression it was just the end game chat as I've seen some pretty hella dirty names for PC peeps...

    You know i assumed it would censor names but now that you point it out I have seen names that defiently would be censored in chat. Only thing I can think of is the filter isn't very good at censoring names or is very particular. But in all honesty I have no 100% answer

  • I mean the filter has been known to be quite ****.

    I **** seriously, some words ****** shouldnt even ** censored. Some times half a wo** will be ******** and it just doesnt make any darn *****.