We need to talk about Freddys Addons

my-image.png

I made a little tierlist as an Freddy-Main.

For me, as Ive said before in other discussions, there is literally no addon reliable besides the Red Paint Brush, which is really nice. All Survivors starts in Dream, which means they can interact with the Snares or Pallets and u have your first Dream Projection much faster.

As 2nd and 3rd best addons, I choosed the Masterpiece and the Sketch, which gives u 3% and 2% speed-bonus for Reloading your Teleport.... per Survivor in the Dream. This literally means 1-2secs earlier. Is that worth it? I really doubt it, but everything else is just MORE WORSE. Unbelievable u say? Well, it is....

The Dresses are for Skill-Check-Penalty in Dream, but to be honest it happens mostly 1 time a game at maximum.

The Unicorn-Block and the Sheep-Block gives Survivors Blindness-Effect, when they are asleep AND step into a Snare. Sounds good? No, because its only for 60 and 30 secs AND u have to be asleep to interact with the trap. On other Killers, there are Addons which gives Hemmorhage, Mangled and Blindness at once - without needed to be "asleep" or some other circumstances.

Black Box is very situational, you have literally a 12sec Blood Warden, if a Survivor is asleep. Very situational.

Swing Chains gives louder Footsteps... well, it was something against Iron Will, but with 6.1.0, it seems even more useless.

Classfoto has its huge problem with the "you cant cancel the projection", which makes it horrible. You are stuck in the animation and cant even hit someone, who shows up. Terrible.

Everything else is just, sorry, pure crap and dont needed to be explained... Trash.

For me, there is no hope, that the Devs will help him out of his current really bad state. Unfortunately, he has so much potential....

This is already for 6.1.0. Swing Chains are useless now, when they dont even be needed for countering Iron Will.


I have to say that THIS is really optimistic-thinking, I could easily remove B-Tier and put everything on B into C-Tier with ease.

Comments

  • Don't give up hope just yet, my friend.

    They did Freddy right once, his on-release version. They can do it again.

    Just... keep that in mind, will ya? This game has never been kind to its Freddy mains, but at least we have each other.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333337/we-need-to-talk-about-freddys-addons

    I once made an entire thread on HOW they could fix his add ons. It got pushed to "suggestions", buried, and forgotten

    Recently I made a piece on changing the Iridescent Umbrella Badge on Nemesis and it was pushed to suggestions...does that mean it's basically gone?

  • @JackOfTrades said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049960#Comment_3049960

    Recently I made one on Nemesis and it was pushed to suggestions...does that mean it's basically gone?

    To put it plainly...yes.

    I do not doubt BHVR OCCASIONALLY reads a few suggestion posts. But actually take them into consideration?

    Never.

  • Only really good addon is the brush. He needs addon pass and rework while we are at it.

  • If I were to make one change for Freddy it would be to make his Pallets and Snares work like the Clowns bottles where he automatically has both types available in every game and can swap between them by tapping the activate ability button. Then revamp the add-ons which give him fake pallets to instead give a nice boost what happens when fake pallets are dropped or let him carry extra pallets, etc. That would be a nice little buff to his flexibility where he can place fake pallets between chases and snares during a chase.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049979#Comment_3049979

    To put it plainly...yes.

    I do not doubt BHVR OCCASIONALLY reads a few suggestion posts. But actually take them into consideration?

    Never.

    That's sad. I thought it was a good idea for the add-on to finally get use, but it was moved, so.

  • @JackOfTrades said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049984#Comment_3049984

    That's sad. I thought it was a good idea for the add-on to finally get use, but it was moved, so.

    It is a terrible situation indeed.

  • Please just take heed of what we say! We the players know what must be done to create a better add-on or killer! Just heed our advice! lol.

  • Old black box Add-on was decent if I remember correct...right?

  • how tf is black box even C? It's a Iri that gives 12 seconds of blood warden to asleep survivors sure. It could block the gate the entirety that your asleep and itd be finally halfway decent. Since survivors would just go get the clock then run to the gate with the invulnerability. But there's no way i see it as C currently. Others seem about right though.

  • @JackOfTrades said:

    Old black box Add-on was decent if I remember correct...right?

    Obsession starts in Dream and can never wake up.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    how tf is black box even C? It's a Iri that gives 12 seconds of blood warden to asleep survivors sure. It could block the gate the entirety that your asleep and itd be finally halfway decent. Since survivors would just go get the clock then run to the gate with the invulnerability. But there's no way i see it as C currently. Others seem about right though.

    I putted it into C because no one expect it when u dont play with No Way Out. As I said before, I could easily put the whole B-Tier-Addons into C-Tier with ease, which means this thing would be bottom C.

  • Every addon is garbage besides the Paint Brush.

  • The only one I use is the dresses with the skill check build. The pill was a way to keep Freddy invisible but he a former shell of himself.

  • Oh yeah, played it with Nemesis, Furtive and Make your choice, so whenever the obsession was unhooked, the unhooker became the new obession, being in dream instantly, exposed through Makey your choice and aura for me through nemesis. That was fun. Doin't know why they removed that, honestly.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UC59XL6KJIDX/my-image.png

    I made a little tierlist as an Freddy-Main.

    For me, as Ive said before in other discussions, there is literally no addon reliable besides the Red Paint Brush, which is really nice. All Survivors starts in Dream, which means they can interact with the Snares or Pallets and u have your first Dream Projection much faster.

    As 2nd and 3rd best addons, I choosed the Masterpiece and the Sketch, which gives u 3% and 2% speed-bonus for Reloading your Teleport.... per Survivor in the Dream. The Dresses are for Skill-Check-Penalty in Dream, but to be honest it happens mostly 1 time a game at maximum.

    Everything else is just, sorry, pure crap.

    For me, there is no hope, that the Devs will help him out of his current really bad state. Unfortunately, he has so much potential....

    I really like the dresses together with overcharge, oppression and huntress lullaby, so to get more value out of them. Not incredibly strong, but very satisfying when they miss the difficult skillchecks. Sadly Huntresses is always gone fast.

  • Good to see you back my dear friend.

  • I dont understand why the developers thought his current addons are helping his power as Dream Demon, when they installed them.

    He needs Addons which let him place Dream Snares (if(!) u stay with these) faster, make them stronger (20% for example), gives Dream Projection a faster Animation, an Aurareading like old Freddy had etc.

    For me, his Dream Snares should be removed and instead he gets new power besides the Dream Projection.

    He could place Dream Pallets, Dream Breakable Walls, Dream Gens or Dream Totems and if surv interact with these, something happens. (Aurareading, Exhausted-Effect, injured or Speed Penalty for the next (real) gen).

    This options are available via addons. One gives this, one another.

    Which means: give him different playstyles which one addon or another. Addons, who help his abilities, not doing random sh....., what they are doing now.

    Alternate: Give him a speed boost to 4,7m/s while chasing in dream or Hindered-Effect while being in chase.


    So many opportunities, everything seems better than current Snares.

  • Freddy has worst addons in the game imo. His addons are just boring and bad. He needs an addon pass and basekit changes.