Solo Q rant. Again.

The past 2 days of solo Q have been miserable and I'm pretty sure I'm stuck at low MMR hell right now.

I have people suiciding and dcing at 4/5 gens, which gives the killer a free 4k 99% of the time.

I had random team mates with 20-50 hours in my lobby when I have more than 5500 hours.

I have been using the same build on all my games now (kindred, bond, lithe and inner strength) already getting ready for the new nerfs (since I used spine chill and iron will instead of bond and inner.

People farming off hook, not taking hits, not doing gens, sandbaggers, dcers/suicides.

What is someone in my situation supposed to do? SWF? My friends have all left the game because of how grindy it is to new players. I don't even try to get more people to buy this game because it's just a waste of time even with the "nerf" to the grind it's still going to be a nightmare for new players.

I can't join the official dbd discord either because I have been banned more than 2 years ago for telling a friend of mine as a joke and I quote "delete yourself". I have tried to appeal it 3 times for it to be denied all the time.

I have created a thread on here on the find players section just to get people who don't even play or weirdos asking me if I like p*rn. Yea, I wish I was joking.

Considering we arent getting any solo Q QOL or buffs this year at all, why should I keep playing? Games are supposed to be fun, and being stuck with people with 20 hours is not fun.

Comments

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051065#Comment_3051065

    It probably is working as intended, the systems just bad lol.

    I get new player too some games and I'm a sweat and escape alot, it's just random BS some days/games.

    Escapes should never be used for mmr, I have carried so very bad players higher just because I carried way harder than I should have

    If the system is bad, it clearly isnt working as intended since it should at least be average.

    These last few days it has just been really, really bad.

    I too like to sweat that's why i prefer crossplay off, but lately queue times on there have been pretty bad too so i'm on cross on again and not enjoying it.

  • I always see the argument of swf is overpowered because of the communication aspect and to be fair, being able to communicate is definitely a game changer. But the biggest advantage of swf is just knowing that you have teammates that won't disconnect or suicide because they got hit first, or took a bad latency hit, or just didn't like the killer they were going against, or didn't get unhooked at the first second the killer left the hook, or...

    They really need to ramp up DC timers and I think Kobe attempts should cost $8,000 in-game blood points. That way people would not be able to just kill themselves on hook at least no so quickly.

    As far as the match making, though I agree it can be frustrating playing with people that aren't very experienced, I'd rather play with an urban evader that at least plays the whole trial as opposed to someone who leaves at the first sign of adversity.

    But yeah, solo queue is often times rough and is going to be even worse in less than two weeks. Yikes.

  • The past week I've been suffering from hook farmers... maybe they think they are in the PTB or that the patch is live and you have basekit BT... but no... in the killer's face

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051200#Comment_3051200

    If the system is bad, it clearly isnt working as intended since it should at least be average.

    These last few days it has just been really, really bad.

    I too like to sweat that's why i prefer crossplay off, but lately queue times on there have been pretty bad too so i'm on cross on again and not enjoying it.

    Well I mean the system is working as they intend not as a good SBMM.

    I always have crossplay on but time of day matters alot plus the event ended not that long ago where many people got boosted way higher.

    Honestly I'd assume alot of players burnt out from the event so that and boosted players will make it hell.

    But yeah the system sucks, said escapes wouldn't work but most people told me it would lol.

    Good luck to you though, some days are just a loss day in solo q

1 2 ›