So will prestige still increase item rarity increase?

Current prestige apparently increases your chances of better items in the bloodweb by a small %.

Sooo... does the new prestige keep doing this? So if you get prestige 100 you get a better chance at better stuff?

Honestly not looking forward to being sent back to lvl 1 webs to get rubbish stuff (mainly a stupid amount of brown/yellow bp offerings) and other pointless fillers, lvl 50 webs are so much better but maybe if the chances get better the higher the prestige it wont be as painful?

Or just a bloodweb rework would be great, less BP offering fillers and more items/addons

Comments

  • The current % is so low it doesn't actually change anything (or it used to but then it broke and never got fixed, i can't remember). I don't think it's going to change, aka prestige won't impact bloodweb rarity, but i don't think it's a bad thing considering the rarity system is a bit messed up (i'd take brown add-ons for medkit over an iri map or key for eg)

  • @Annso_x said:

    The current % is so low it doesn't actually change anything (or it used to but then it broke and never got fixed, i can't remember). I don't think it's going to change, aka prestige won't impact bloodweb rarity, but i don't think it's a bad thing considering the rarity system is a bit messed up (i'd take brown add-ons for medkit over an iri map or key for eg)

    Yeah currently it sucks, but prestige 3 is the max so if the new prestige is 100 max that's 33times better than current.

    Addons are more for killer, I dont use addons on survivor but I dont wants all BP fillers with mostly brown/yellow killer addons.

    I already have far too many brown BP offerings i can use in a lifetime lol

  • They've not explicitly commented on this so afaik, we don't know if it keeps increasing your rarity beyond Prestige 3. It may do what it's always done and only provide that bonus up to Prestige 3 and then stop giving it to you, or keep increasing it beyond or not even be a thing at all but I don't think they've outright said.

  • I was wondering that too. While it's unnoticeable with the current 0-3 system, 0-100 would be a different story. It could potentially change the problem (albeit in a very backloaded and unoptimal way) that bloodwebs on the whole contain more brown-yellow clutter now.

  • Imagine being Prestige 100 and only getting iridescent addons/offerings.

    That would be hilarious

  • @Laluzi said:

    I was wondering that too. While it's unnoticeable with the current 0-3 system, 0-100 would be a different story. It could potentially change the problem (albeit in a very backloaded and unoptimal way) that bloodwebs on the whole contain more brown-yellow clutter now.

    That's what I'm hoping, I'm honestly not looking forward to the new webs and the item grind gonna be made with the changes to the prestige and BP perks

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    Imagine being Prestige 100 and only getting iridescent addons/offerings.

    That would be hilarious

    Funny thing is iris for killer are often pretty bad, personally I try stick to 1 green and 1 yellow for killer, but greens arent common in half the bloodwebs at the start which is my issue

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3047065#Comment_3047065

    Blight would have a field day, his iridescents, purples and green addons are insane.

    It's not like every brown will turn to an iri lol.

    Just less browns and BP offerings

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    Imagine being Prestige 100 and only getting iridescent addons/offerings.

    That would be hilarious

    Did someone say Brand New Part and Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe? ๐Ÿ‘€

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3047225#Comment_3047225

    duuh I know that, if higher tier addons are more likely to spawn then brown addons are consequently less likely to spawn, that's obviously what I meant, dumbass

    Lol, imagine getting triggered over that reply to start name calling. Grow up a little.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Current prestige apparently increases your chances of better items in the bloodweb by a small %.

    Sooo... does the new prestige keep doing this? So if you get prestige 100 you get a better chance at better stuff?

    Honestly not looking forward to being sent back to lvl 1 webs to get rubbish stuff (mainly a stupid amount of brown/yellow bp offerings) and other pointless fillers, lvl 50 webs are so much better but maybe if the chances get better the higher the prestige it wont be as painful?

    Or just a bloodweb rework would be great, less BP offering fillers and more items/addons

    Let's say that I have 3 prestige lvl Feng, and my blood Web is just a joke, because sometimes is comletely no BP offerings in Web, so not even rare items apart from Green keys and useless map addons, it's crap

  • @Nikatara69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333054/so-will-prestige-still-increase-item-rarity-increase

    Let's say that I have 3 prestige lvl Feng, and my blood Web is just a joke, because sometimes is comletely no BP offerings in Web, so not even rare items apart from Green keys and useless map addons, it's crap

    BP offerings are a waste, the gain is so minimal to get any real benefit youd have you use so many it's just unrealistic.

    But as it stands lvl 50 webs are better than 1-35 quite easily yet the new system forces you to start from the lvl 1 everytime you hit 50