Some changes to make Trapper better
So during this event with SWF smashing generators as fast as possible I took up the challenge of using one of the worst killers in the game and seeing if I can make survivors say Trapper is OP or something.
And these were the thoughts I had after spamming him for 100 games.
The addon which makes one trap activate every 30 seconds needs to become baseline, in one game it literally stopped me from losing on a huge map because it kept my trap network active despite being disarmed constantly allowing me to patrol generators instead of caretaking my traps.
Without this addon I would have lost my last generator because I would have had to go back to all the traps one by one and rearm them if I was to stay anything more than a M1 killer.
The addon which puts survivors into dying state is pretty much a must in the games I had, it also stopped me from being gen rushed because at one point my obscurely placed traps managed to catch two people as I downed someone which resulted in only one survivor who could do anything.
Once they realise traps instantly downed them they stopped sprinting everywhere and using from vaults effectively.
The addon which allows trapper to have all his traps but then he can’t pick them up needs to become baseline BUT without the stupid unable to pick up trap mechanic, he shouldn’t have to spend thirty seconds at the start of a trial placing some traps and picking up some more as the match progresses.
In one game most of the traps spawned on the other side of the map so I lost almost two generators just trying to collect them.
And finally remove the ability to dead hard over a trap it should activate as the survivor dead hards over it and if a trap is under a pallet it should “push” the trap to one side of the pallet.
Comments
The ability to dead hard over a trap is going, dead hard is getting reworked
I think it’s going to still work belongs they are close enough to the trap when they activate it.
Will need to see it on the PTB.
its just endurance they can't anymore
The problem with this is I've heard behavior say they weren't going to change trappers traps. What that means exactly I'm not sure. Personally if I were to change anything, something small would be making the loud noise sound effect go off at the middle or start of a survivor disarming it. That would provide actual counterplay rather than just going over to reset the trap and hope they don't do it again (or just moving it, but that takes time you probably don't have as trapper). While there is a perk to let you see them when you re-arm the trap they are usually far enough away by then that if they aren't at a generator or a totem you probably won't catch up to them.