Balancing DBD to high MMR is possible, but I'm afraid the developers don't want that

hello,

I expect this topic will upset many here, but I just want to be honest and say what I think.

"Why does BHVR listen to the casuals rather than the high MMR players when it comes to balancing? Simple: the casuals, or at least the majority of the playerbase, are the majority, right?

That's a question I've heard a lot. It's understandable why they would think that. They are the largest part, so of course they should be more important. Anything else would be unfair, in the BHVR's view.

At the end of the day, the majority of the casual community is not good enough for this game. Let's not kid ourselves. We know this to be true. I can give so many different examples of why it's a bad idea for BHVR to strike a balance based on casual games.

In my opinion, most of the community is extremely divided. It often can't really agree on anything unless it's something they hate, and even then the decision on what exactly they hate is split.

Back to the topic

A streamer once gave a good example with a perk: Take Overcharge. The skill check is not really a problem for experienced players and is easy to do. We all know that, but for players with low MMR it looks different. So when balancing, you would have to work on the respective perks as well, right? This means that if the developers made the skill check even harder, it would be more frustration than joy for the majority of players.

That's one of the reasons why developers focus on balancing the majority of the community. That's how I see it, too. What do you guys think? Do you think it's better to balance the game based on feedback from players with high MMR?


Let's discuss

Comments

  • @DeadByCommunity said:

    I just don't want to play bully simulator as killer nor be punish for my teams actions because MMR match me with them who just hid in corner an self care. High or low is pain regardless of sides.

    Well thats easy fix

    Mmr fix and balance for competent players

1 2 ›