So I guess I'm the only one excited about the upcoming changes?
I didn't see a single thing in the upcoming changes that I'm concerned with. There might be some issues, and thats fine, but if they are able to tweak I see nothing but positives coming.
Comments
From at least what I've seen, people for the most part seem pretty happy with this overall. Some little nitpicks and whatnot but overall happy
But "this all looks good, keep up the good work" threads don't last very long on the front page (if they even get posted).
I'll still reserve judgment until it's all actually out and playable but overall from what I've seen, there's way more positives than negatives
Killer-players are happy with this patch. Survivor-players are extremely upset and have the right to be, this is the 4th patch in a row where survivor players were nerfed.
I'm definitely happy with it. Killer basekit buffs and help for solo queue survivor, that's very good in my book- even if certain parts end up not affecting much, it's great to see such big swings being taken.
Help for solo q survivors? Laughable.
Well I play as both and am very happy with it so *shrugs*
I'd say I'm pretty happy.
While I am bit worried about some of the changes, it's very refreshing to see the devs make such a big change; I hope they keep up this attitude when it comes to changing other problems with the game.
The developers nerfed solo queue hard. Self-care, the goto for solo queue players being nerfed is devastating. Basekit BT at only 5 seconds is worthless, you still have to bring some type of anti-tunneling/anti-camping perk. Camping and Tunneling have been shadow buffed with the extended gen times.
I won't be surprised when there's a lot of solo-queue survivors just quit the game and move to Evil Dead.
Self-Care is not the only self-healing tool, nor is it the strongest or most reliable right now. Pick something else. That's the point.
Basekit BT and Hope for five seconds may be worthless, but I somewhat doubt it. In a lot of situations, it's going to be the difference between reaching a loop and just being downed again. But hey, if you don't think that's enough, you now have an actually consistently effective personal anti-tunnel tool that isn't countered by slugging, so that's a benefit! On top of that, there are some really nice perk buffs, none of which rely on coordination to use; that's a benefit to solo.
Camping yes, at least maybe, but tunnelling is unambiguously taking a hit this update. It's going to be harder to tunnel people, not easier.
I'm happy about a lot of the changes; I just think there's some areas where they could do better on and a few perk changes that totally missed the mark. On the whole, I think this is a great patch and I'm ecstatic that they finally did a game health midchapter.
Self-Care is the most slot efficient and reliable self-healing tool for solo queue.
Circle of Healing isn't good for solo queue because other players break totems and you have to bring either a map or a totem finding perk for it to be reliable.
Pharmacy isn't a good replacement because other players open chests and you have to run around trying to find those chests while you are hurt.
Inner Strength isn't good for solo queue because other players break totems and you have to bring either a map or a totem finding perk to be reliable also.
This is a very bad nerf for solo queue, which is already the weakest players in the game. Why nerf an almost required perk for solo-queue which can absolutely be ignored by SWF.
You are right about tunneling, it will be slightly better. But I don't think there was enough done for it. And when I mean tunneling, I mean tunneling someone out of the game at gen 5, regular tunneling is fine and required sometimes.
How, though? You can't bring Self-Care on its own and expect the word "efficiency" to even be visible from the gigantic time investment that perk makes you pony up before you get a heal, so you clearly need to bring at least a medkit.
If bringing a medkit is acceptable, then why not run Botany Knowledge, or Built to Last? Either of those combined with a medkit will give you comparable value. Sure, you won't get an unlimited number of heals, but you shouldn't need an unlimited amount of heals solo-- because again, the point of the self heal is to use it in crucial moments, not to never get healed by your teammates ever.
As for the why of it getting nerfed, you know why. Because it's been one of the top three survivor perks for six years. If an update dedicated to changing the meta didn't touch a perk like that, it'd be wilfully failing.
I play a lot of survivor, both SWF AND solo survivor. I'll politely disagree with the idea that COH isn't good for solo.
As many games as I've played, I've learned totem spawns pretty well, and it's almost never in a match that I can't get a boon in a solo match up because of my teammates breaking totems. If anything, my teammates are ignoring totems in solo and hard-pounding gens, so setting up a boon is usually pretty easy.
Med-kits are far better than either, so solo players can always go that route. I agree with the people who say that the Self-Care nerf was not warranted and a head-scratcher from the devs (one of those moments that make you wonder if they actually understand their game), but using COH or a med-kit as an alternative is a better option than current SC anyway.
To answer the OP's topic -- I'm largely optimistic about the changes. I think they made some questionable decisions (reducing DS's stun timer, obliterating Ruin's effectiveness, etc.), but overall, I'm excited to see if the meta actually changes, and how things are going to play out on both sides. I think the changes might hit solo players more than they'll effecr SWF groups, but the game's devs continue to ignore that elephant in the room, which is the largest issue it would be nice to see addressed at some point (and I say this as someone who plays a lot of SWF).
I play both sides and I'm pretty happy.
I'm pretty much a solo queue player and I'm pretty excited for the changes, especially the perk changes. I barely ran the meta stuff anyway so those changes doesn't really effect me.
If killer becomes stronger, I will actually come back to the game. To play survivor again. I want to show them all that the buffs aren't enough to stop me. No matter how strong they get, I will bully them into oblivion.
I'm feeling a little motivated.
https://youtu.be/3v4LUao5n5kYea I play soloq mostly and I try to avoid meta perks like the plague, so those changes aren't effecting me.
I think that the selfcare/CoH debate falls upon the give and take of the two. For CoH you need 1) An unbroken totem and 2) to be in its aura whereas with selfcare you can just do it anywhere. CoH can be completely shut down by the killer snuffing the totem. Can't shut down someone's self care
I may complain a lot, but I'm still very excited. The PTB will show whether this will be a good or bad patch.
Bhvr tried, but they still fell short.