People, please play PTB when it goes live
Something I think we've all noticed about the game is, every update will come with bugs. However, something else is that updates that have a ptb with a smaller turnout have a ton more bugs than other updates. I feel like a lot of people are going to say "There's no massive changes to a specific killer, they're destroying my meta, I'm not going to play a ptb where I can't use 4 meta perks and 'bully' the killer/survivors." If this happens, you know the update will end up being buggier than most and people are going to riot about "how did BHVR not catch this super obvious bug" or "how did this still make it from ptb?" Obviously the second answer could easily just be a time thing, but usually the answers are that not enough people were playing ptb, no one really reported the bug, and it was easily overlooked. It happens. I'm (usually) a switch player and I've seen switch bugs go overlooked for MONTHS before acknowledged. When Freddy went live on switch, even though it was reported, it wasn't recognized for 5 months that you could not play on the Badham Preschool maps off of crossplay. So please, play the ptb, find the bugs, don't let this update be worse than it has to because you don't want to see your precious meta nerfed (despite everyone being mostly happy about that a month ago).
Comments
Any game with a large population multiplayer function requires considerably more testers than can be fielded in-house.
People would be more inclined to play PTBs if it felt like it made a difference
A lot of the time not much changes from PTB to Live despite heavy feedback
Do you think Dead By Daylight is the only game that has a PTB, or that the function of a PTB is somehow different in other games?
Internal testing can only go so far, the chaotic variety and unpredictability of a live environment are very very useful in identifying bugs that'd otherwise slip through the cracks.
Don't matter, that's not what the OP is asking for, nor did he blame players.
I would play the ptb if I could but I'm on console
BHVR doesn't let me, otherwise I'd consider it
This
And this.
I will play but my expectations of anything changing will be zero. They have a 'grand design' like an art project that must not be messed with at any meaningful level. Not a game that is to be played, it's an art project. I've seen this with a few developers and although they are saying 'some' of the right words, they aren't taking meaningful action.
The PTB is simply appeasement and vague promises, which in general is how BHVR do things from what I've seen in my short time here. We shall see and honestly on the most part the changes are good but it only takes one or two to ruin it. Dead hard for example is not meaningfully dealt with. There should have been zero doubt it is GONE gone gone. With the amount of negative feedback and the stats backing it up... I was hoping for more then a slap on the wrist at best, and outright BUFFING it at worst.
I meant OP is not asking anyone to assign blame to players. And everything else they said is also accurate. More PTB testers = more fixed bugs.
If that's too hard to understand we can drop it. No one's going to shame you for not getting on the PTB.
You started off with a very ignorant first post, there's nothing for me to worm out of - there's just no more value in trying to help you understand.
I'll be skipping the PTB, I'm more interested in other things. Not a lot changes from PTB to live anyways
This all day. Altogether us consolers make up the vast majority of the playerbase, and at the same time also seem to be hit the hardest with patch bugs & performance issues. Particularly us still on the older gen machines.
I pray fervently for the miracle day that we too can test and aid in the patches before they explode live.
Can I not have to download the entire game again to do so?
Ptb doesn't interest me. I play base game until update goes live.
I would but after overzealous got chosen to be part of the meta shake-up on this ptb seemingly before it was even on the dredge ptb and everything from that horrible portrait of a murder midchapter ptb made it live I'm not convinced the ptb serves any meaningful purpose anymore.
I'd love to but I'm on console.
Yea I already uninstalled that's to much of a waste of my time to reinstall i could be playing evil dead or vhs instead.
Testing ptb bugs is irrelevant. The ptb runs on an out-of-date build.