Why not remove map offerings?

Comments

  • If it means no more scratched mirror Myers on lery’s then count me in

  • Why not instead make them deny the realm from appearing?

  • Seriously just random up the maps - its not that difficult.


    Getting a McMillan offering with the sweaty SWF is just unfun

  • Yeah there's still some things in the game people can do either to tilt the game in their favour or make their opponents miserable. Sometimes out of spite or to have an 'easier' game.

    Map offerings games are high up there with the likes of bleedout matches or facecamping bubba matches.

    At least you can get a decent game out of a map offering sometimes, neither side should be allowed to pick the map though in my opinion.

  • Come on, scratched mirror Myers is the most fun thing in this game. Only thing to break up the loop-pallet-run cycle besides Nurse.

    This would kill him completely.

    It's not like random maps are much better. I swear every tine I play Doctor I get rotten fields with no map offerings.

  • The problem is that it would kill certain killer builds like Scratched Mirror Myers. They would never be able to pick an indoor map and it would make that build useless.

    What if instead of map offerings, by picking up a killer would get more % chance of getting a certain map? I think this could fix things like Billy getting inside maps etc

  • @Seraphor said:

    Come on, scratched mirror Myers is the most fun thing in this game. Only thing to break up the loop-pallet-run cycle besides Nurse.

    This would kill him completely.

    It's not like random maps are much better. I swear every tine I play Doctor I get rotten fields with no map offerings.

    I enjoy the odd mirror myers game every now and then but once the novelty wears off I think he's really boring ngl

    Knowing he's 105% and doesn't gain BL turns basically all loops into psudeo infinites, which results in constant dropped chases if you're decent

    It's fun for the jumpscare factor but once you're over it, there's not much else to it.

  • The problem isn't necessarily map offerings themselves. The problem is the wild discrepancy in balance on many maps. IE unbalanced maps is the problem, not the offerings.

    Also, map offerings are weighted equally yet it's 4 survivors to 1 killer in amount of players that can throw them. 1 killer map offering should be weighted heavier than 1 survivor offering.

  • Killers should have offerings as they are like dungeons and dragons dungeon master.

    They should be setting the atmosphere of the trials.

  • @MilManson said:

    Killers should have offerings as they are like dungeons and dragons dungeon master.

    They should be setting the atmosphere of the trials.

    In that case you probably wouldn't see any map offerings being played besides Azarov's and Midwich, giving favour to either side in terms of map offerings would be a bad idea.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024251#Comment_3024251

    In that case you probably wouldn't see any map offerings being played besides Azarov's and Midwich, giving favour to either side in terms of map offerings would be a bad idea.

    I’d never take myself to Azerovs I absolutely HATE that map, Midwich I love though.

    When ever I play Trickster I always get Forsaken Boneyard or the huge auto haven map it’s annoying as hell.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Why not instead make them deny the realm from appearing?

    Then they would need to make it so only 1 survivor can bring an offering cause they could just offer, midwich, macmillan, autohaven, and any other map of their choosing. Cause if 4 survivors could do that it would effectively be the same as current map offerings as the rest of the realms are terrible for killer.

    But overall healthier for them to deny a single realm rather than guarantee a realm. This would also inadvertently tone down the DC's in queues because map offerings as its only 1 realm being cancelled.