Deadhard for distance.

I would like someone to check my math on this. A LOT of people have been mentioning that people will still be able to activate dead hard for distance to make it to a window or a pallet so its not fixing the issue. But the times that these are able to be used have moved to fewer and farther between by a wide margin.

Based on my math a Dead hard dash totals 3.96m which is an additional 1.96 meters. This saves roughly .5 seconds.

A Killers lunge grants 150% movement speed of the killer for .3 seconds 4.4 killer no bloodlust gets .66m extra and a fully bloodlusted 4.6 killer gets .78m extra

So with the new dead hard the survivor now needs to be 1.2-1.3 meters close to the window to use dead hard. I am saying this because the survivor doesnt get the extra distance from the dash but the killer also doesnt get the extra distance from the lunge because the killer needs to grab from the window, since endurance doesn't block that.

So a good use of dead hard pre change used to a window ranges from getting hit with a lunge at the very end of the window vault to 1.96 meters from getting hit at the end of the lunge to the window vault. so 0(least efficient)-1.96(most efficient) and this is only taking into account cases where deadhard is necessary

With the post change for a window it will be still 0(least efficient)- ~.76m(most efficient fastest killer)

With the pallet it takes an additional half second to get to the pallet but endurance lasts for an additional half second than dead hards current time so it looks like a wash except when you look at the extra distance again. The additional distance that dead hard currently gives requires a killer to go an additional 1.5 (fastest bloodlust) - 5(4.4 killer) seconds to catch back up. So effectively decreases the distance at which you can use it.

In addition to all of this dead hard cannot be done early. before the window of opportunity was any time that you will not be able to make it to a window or pallet before you are 1.96 meters away. Now it has to be within .5 seconds of reaching a window (or the lunge can get you at the end) or within 1 second of reaching the pallet.

So can you still use dead hard to extend a chase to a pallet or window, yes but on what seem like much rarer occasions where its going to be a close call without the perk. Let me know if I am missing something.

Comments

  • We currently have no clue what the animation will look like or if survivors will be able to drop pallets and vault windows during the endurance effect.

  • All of this is with the assumption that they can

  • A Killers lunge grants 150% movement speed of the killer for .3 seconds 4.4 killer no bloodlust gets .66m extra and a fully bloodlusted 4.6 killer gets .78m extra

    I can't comment on the rest, but all killers have the same lunge and bloodlust extra speed doesn't affect it.

  • @Bwsted said:

    A Killers lunge grants 150% movement speed of the killer for .3 seconds 4.4 killer no bloodlust gets .66m extra and a fully bloodlusted 4.6 killer gets .78m extra

    I can't comment on the rest, but all killers have the same lunge and bloodlust extra speed doesn't affect it.

    I apologize. You are right that the <4.6 killers get the fill lunge of .69m but if the killer is faster than 4.6 they get increased lunge based on their new speed. (at least according to the wiki

  • Will given that EVERY other animation (other than the animation you do after being hit/crouching) blocks the drop pallet/vault prompt should mean you can't cancel the dh animation to vault or drop a pallet with endurance.

  • @Brimp said:

    Will given that EVERY other animation (other than the animation you do after being hit/crouching) blocks the drop pallet/vault prompt should mean you can't cancel the dh animation to vault or drop a pallet with endurance.

    I wouldnt say thats true, Plague vomit, Nemi sickness, being swarmed by crows (not swatting) all have clear animations but dont prevent actions. I get what you mean by actions you take, healing, pointing etc but this seems more like a stypic I would assume it would have a similar animation as mettle where they glow white for a second.

  • @Sharpefern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023801#Comment_3023801

    I apologize. You are right that the <4.6 killers get the fill lunge of .69m but if the killer is faster than 4.6 they get increased lunge based on their new speed. (at least according to the wiki

    They get incresead lunge based on speed with the exception of bloodlust boost. It should be on the wiki as well in the bloodlust or lunge section.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023832#Comment_3023832

    They get incresead lunge based on speed with the exception of bloodlust boost. It should be on the wiki as well in the bloodlust or lunge section.

    I am not seeing that, but I could be wrong and so can the wiki as i have seen mistakes before. I didnt take into account play with your food anyway which has around the same increases as bloodlust so there is a bit more range there but it doesnt change the numbers that much

  • @Sharpefern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023840#Comment_3023840

    I wouldnt say thats true, Plague vomit, Nemi sickness, being swarmed by crows (not swatting) all have clear animations but dont prevent actions. I get what you mean by actions you take, healing, pointing etc but this seems more like a stypic I would assume it would have a similar animation as mettle where they glow white for a second.

    I would all equate those as a sub-category of being injured as its more of a pre-injure compared to an actual animation. But yeah stuff like healing, injecting yourself with a vaccine, cleansing, and swatting are all animations where you're bascially preventing a health state from being taken/adding a health state. Which is why doing all those requires you to let go to use DH.

  • @Sharpefern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023856#Comment_3023856

    I am not seeing that, but I could be wrong and so can the wiki as i have seen mistakes before. I didnt take into account play with your food anyway which has around the same increases as bloodlust so there is a bit more range there but it doesnt change the numbers that much

    • Nerf: the Bloodlust Speed boost is no longer applied to a Lunge Attack.
    Bloodlust is a mechanic that was introduced with Patch 1.5.0. It increases the Killer's movement speed during a prolonged chase in order to shorten the overall chase time. Bloodlust, like Perks, has three Tiers: Bloodlust is being built-up whenever a Killer chases a Survivor for a certain amount of time without interrupting the Chase.Losing Line of Sight of a Survivor or if they are gaining enough distance from the Killer will result in a swift decrease of Bloodlust. You lose all Bloodlust when


  • It's rare, but I suppose whole point was that the killers had no counter against it, and there is still no counter against it.