With the rework of self care, Circle of healing will be more used than before

Self care Will become practically useless, besides sluppy butcher becoming more and more present, a bonus of 33% healing on self is practically ridiculous, so there will be two options, play self care with botany, or use circle of healing instead... Seeing how many people were happy about the nerf to survivor meta skills, I just wanted to mention this "little" detail

Comments

  • I’m actually going to be curious to see if there’s an uptick in people using Inner Strength plus Overzealous. Basically they can cleanse a totem and get quick healing plus a nice gen speed boost all in one go. It’s also faster healing than CoH and not subject to the new killer perk which destroys Boons.

    Self Care will see less use, but I suspect some people will still use it, there’s definitely people who value being able to heal anywhere any time they want with no restrictions, even if the healing is slow.

  • @dugman said:

    I’m actually going to be curious to see if there’s an uptick in people using Inner Strength plus Overzealous. Basically they can cleanse a totem and get quick healing plus a nice gen speed boost all in one go. It’s also faster healing than CoH and not subject to the new killer perk which destroys Boons.

    Self Care will see less use, but I suspect some people will still use it, there’s definitely people who value being able to heal anywhere any time they want with no restrictions, even if the healing is slow.

    Don't think it's a good idea, because,

    1) The other survivor can cleanse the totem, so, you don't have a full "5 tokens" if I can say that like that

    2) you have only 5 times max to unlock the perks, and against a Legion, a Oni, spirit, ... it's become pretty, with only five healing..

  • Circle of Healing is not that oppressive anymore - it's still good, but I don't know why people act like it's still this 'forbidden perk' after having its efficiency slashed three times.

  • @Mozic said:

    Circle of Healing is not that oppressive anymore - it's still good, but I don't know why people act like it's still this 'forbidden perk' after having its efficiency slashed three times.

    Since coh was adjusted I feel its benefit is only 1 person needs to bring it and all survivors can use it. Plus it encourages survivors to find totems. Which I feel is healthy gameplay. Personally I think the introduction of inner str, detectives hunch, and boons was the devs trying to get people to stop complaining about noed and actually do something about it.

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022986#Comment_3022986

    Don't think it's a good idea, because,

    1) The other survivor can cleanse the totem, so, you don't have a full "5 tokens" if I can say that like that

    2) you have only 5 times max to unlock the perks, and against a Legion, a Oni, spirit, ... it's become pretty, with only five healing..

    As to 1), that’s why I’m curious if it’ll be tried. If multiple people try that combo in the same match they’re competiting for resources. But if only one does it they get the full benefit.

    As to 2), you probably shouldn’t be healing that much against Legion honestly. As far as the other killers, if you’re the only survivor with that cleanse combo then five uses is probably plenty. Keep in mind half the time you need to get healed there’s probably another survivor already near you to heal you directly which saves you having to use up a charge.

  • @Mozic said:

    Circle of Healing is not that oppressive anymore - it's still good, but I don't know why people act like it's still this 'forbidden perk' after having its efficiency slashed three times.

    It's still the best healing perk in the game..by a mile. There's literally no reason you should bring other healing perks. Inner Healing for example used to be considered one of the better healing perk options which is also only self heal..and limited charges by totems..and CoH makes that perk look like garbage. It also single handedly invalidates the hit and run play style as well as the killers that rely on that, that's poor design. It's 1/16 perks that work for the entire team to have infinite medkit heals. For reference of how strong it is, you could completely remove the self healing component on it so that's it's just increased heals for the team in its radius and it would still be meta on swf groups..that's how good it is.

    People downplay how significant it is that it only takes 1 perk slot for the entire team compared to say self care which took 4 slots. Also, the supposed "downside" of snuffing the totem is completely irrelevant and not really a downside at all as killers will almost never snuff the totems because it's actually a net negative on time to do so, meaning as survivor I actually hope they waste time snuffing as that is a net positive for me as survivor. So the entire downside its supposed to have doesn't actually exist.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023042#Comment_3023042

    It's still the best healing perk in the game..by a mile. There's literally no reason you should bring other healing perks. It also single handedly invalidates the hit and run play style as well as the killers that rely on that, that's poor design. It's 1/16 perks that work for the entire team to have infinite medkit heals. For reference of how strong it is, you could completely remove the self healing component on it so that's it's just increased heals for the team in its radius and it would still be meta on swf groups..that's how good it is.

    People downplay how significant it is that it only takes 1 perk slot for the entire team compared to say self care which took 4 slots. Also, the supposed "downside" of snuffing the totem is completely irrelevant and not really a downside at all as killers will almost never snuff the totems because it's actually a net negative on time to do so, meaning as survivor I actually hope they waste time snuffing as that is a net positive for me as survivor. So the entire downside its supposed to have doesn't actually exist.

    Back when boons stacked and Circle of Healing's heal rate was 100% I'd have agreed with you wholeheartedly, but it's really not that big of a deal now - even vs. hit and run characters. Yes, it's loadout efficient. Yes, if you don't go snuff it, it's got great long-term efficiency. If you run sloppy butcher on your hit-and-run characters and find out where they set up their boon, you'll have a pretty easy time predicting where they're about to run off to.

    Like, if this version of Circle of Healing is "the best healing perk available" right now, healing meta is in a pretty alright state. Botany Knowledge's change may well send it careening back over the line where it's too fast again, but that'll come at the cost of the loadout efficiency benefit of CoH, and if it's really bad again BHVR will just... adjust it.

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023084#Comment_3023084

    Back when boons stacked and Circle of Healing's heal rate was 100% I'd have agreed with you wholeheartedly, but it's really not that big of a deal now - even vs. hit and run characters. Yes, it's loadout efficient. Yes, if you don't go snuff it, it's got great long-term efficiency. If you run sloppy butcher on your hit-and-run characters and find out where they set up their boon, you'll have a pretty easy time predicting where they're about to run off to.

    Like, if this version of Circle of Healing is "the best healing perk available" right now, healing meta is in a pretty alright state. Botany Knowledge's change may well send it careening back over the line where it's too fast again, but that'll come at the cost of the loadout efficiency benefit of CoH, and if it's really bad again BHVR will just... adjust it.

    "If you run sloppy butcher on your hit-and-run characters and find out where they set up their boon, you'll have a pretty easy time predicting where they're about to run off to."

    Which is irrelevant. I can know exactly where their boon is at on the other side of the map and that doesn't help me. It's still completely inefficient and a misplay to go all the way over there to try and snuff the totem or down them. Sloppy Butcher value also goes down in value the faster the heal action is.

    "Like, if this version of Circle of Healing is "the best healing perk available" right now, healing meta is in a pretty alright state"

    No, that's a completely unhealthy state. It blows out all other healing perks by a mile. I don't think you realize how strong and overtuned CoH still is.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023093#Comment_3023093

    "If you run sloppy butcher on your hit-and-run characters and find out where they set up their boon, you'll have a pretty easy time predicting where they're about to run off to."

    Which is irrelevant. I can know exactly where their boon is at on the other side of the map and that doesn't help me. It's still completely inefficient and a misplay to go all the way over there to try and snuff the totem or down them. Sloppy Butcher value also goes down in value the faster the heal action is.

    "Like, if this version of Circle of Healing is "the best healing perk available" right now, healing meta is in a pretty alright state"

    No, that's a completely unhealthy state. It blows out all other healing perks by a mile. I don't think you realize how strong and overtuned CoH still is.

    I don't think you realize how strong and overtuned CoH still is.

    I suppose not. When I'm playing survivor I find it handy, when I'm playing killer I find it to be pretty low-urgency. Just last night I was goofing around with a survivor on the way to give them hatch and they lit a CoH in front of me and did a full heal on themselves and it took a comedically long time.

  • I don’t see why people won’t just run Botany and a medkit. It blows all other healing options out of the water.

  • @dugman said:

    I’m actually going to be curious to see if there’s an uptick in people using Inner Strength plus Overzealous. Basically they can cleanse a totem and get quick healing plus a nice gen speed boost all in one go. It’s also faster healing than CoH and not subject to the new killer perk which destroys Boons.

    Self Care will see less use, but I suspect some people will still use it, there’s definitely people who value being able to heal anywhere any time they want with no restrictions, even if the healing is slow.

    This! I was always an avid Inner Healing user (partly because the Killer main in me wanted to spite all the CoH users a bit), and I wanted to combo it with Overzealous. The way Overzealous works it will compete with all those Mikaelas trying to set up boons, especially if you get later hit, so I see this as an absolute net win.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    I don’t see why people won’t just run Botany and a medkit. It blows all other healing options out of the water.

    Because with the modification , botany doesn't affect the medkit, we talk about that, the modification of self care

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023136#Comment_3023136

    Because with the modification , botany doesn't affect the medkit, we talk about that, the modification of self care

    It doesn’t explicitly say that in the developer update. Do you have a source?

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023136#Comment_3023136

    Because with the modification , botany doesn't affect the medkit, we talk about that, the modification of self care

    The developper's update says: "Botany Knowledge now increases healing speed by 30/40/50%, up from 11/22/33%", with no mention to med-kit.

    I guess we will have to wait Tuesday to see if the med-kit efficiency has been removed.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023182#Comment_3023182

    The developper's update says: "Botany Knowledge now increases healing speed by 30/40/50%, up from 11/22/33%", with no mention to med-kit.

    I guess we will have to wait Tuesday to see if the med-kit efficiency has been removed.

    And my suspicion is actually not, since they made perfectly clear with the Self-Care nerf that it will no longer make medkits have more efficiency when self-healing with the perk.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023182#Comment_3023182

    It doesn’t explicitly say that in the developer update. Do you have a source?

    Ah, I'm sure I read it.. Since they removed a lot of boost from certain abilities, I had to mix it up in my head, mea culpa

    But, even with that, you now have to take a medkit with you, so no more flashlight or toolbox... Not only will you have to give up a perks slot, but in addition, objects, not sure that you like it very much