Reporting with picture evidence and no actions taken

Ok so basically no one likes Racism right ?
so in post game chat some guy started saying bad words extremely racist words like the N word and also some really foul language and swearing
I submit a ticket
and also provide the picture of the conversation and the offender name is clearly showing and I submit his steam ID and everything
I get a message from some guy named Ryuti saying that relevant actions will be taken (if necessary )
and the case is now is marked as solved
BUT GUESS WHAT FAM ! the guy did not receive any ban ! I'm not saying ban him lifetime but a soft ban would be nice because if he said it to me he probably says it to anyone !!!
why do we take our time and submit tickets ( which consume time ) if even stuff like Racism isn't punishable ??????????

Comments

  • 1. What platform are you on?

    2. Reporting in game is enough for an offensive communication report (unless done through XB/PS network, if so report their player card to Sony / MS)

    3. Bans are done manually and thus won’t be instant, you should probably just relax and avoid the player/block them on the platform you play on.


  • @harry14141414 said:
    Ok so basically no one likes Racism right ?
    so in post game chat some guy started saying bad words extremely racist words like the N word and also some really foul language and swearing
    I submit a ticket
    and also provide the picture of the conversation and the offender name is clearly showing and I submit his steam ID and everything
    I get a message from some guy named Ryuti saying that relevant actions will be taken (if necessary )
    and the case is now is marked as solved
    BUT GUESS WHAT FAM ! the guy did not receive any ban ! I'm not saying ban him lifetime but a soft ban would be nice because if he said it to me he probably says it to anyone !!!
    why do we take our time and submit tickets ( which consume time ) if even stuff like Racism isn't punishable ??????????

    I've dealt with many of the mods on here and the message is always the same since due to privacy reason they can't discuss punishments etc. The case is marked as solved because they've got your report and now it's up to their support team to review things.

    Just because it's marked as solved doesn't mean that person isn't going to be punished once they finish checking their account chat history. Was this an isolated incident or a pattern or repeated behavior since that can determine the severity of the punishment.

    The reason you submit reports and tickets is to make sure the info is passed along, and then you leave it up to the support staff to take their time and due diligence. Would you like someone to claim hey you did x and then say ban him and they just turn around and ban you without checking 1st?

    Lastly they don't take screenshots as evidence since those can be manipulated, they have the actual chat logs to review. Be aware the person will get punished for the bad behavior but not on your timetable but theirs to ensure it's done properly.

  • You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.

  • @SenzuDuck Hello and thank you for your reply <3
    platform PC
    2 - ok so a ticket would be an extra, which is good! ok nice to know !
    3- I have reported players for hacked legacy and whenever a mod sent me a message saying that actions will be taken and case solved, I check the profile of offender and bang theres a ban !
    that's why I didn't mean to be in a rush but as I said, they said case is resolved so ......

  • @Orion lol your comment is funny
    first off
    1- I don't JUST think Racism should be punishable, I know it is because devs had stated it
    2 - second off I dont just think a ban should happen, I'm sure of it !
    3- - I checked about soft bans whether or not they appear on steam profile, I saw that people say it does appear
    now pls in case you want to reply . reply to all three points I mentioned

  • @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion lol your comment is funny
    first off
    1- I don't think Racism should be punishable, I know it is because devs had stated it
    2 - second off I dont just think a ban should happen, I'm sure of it !
    3- - I checked about soft bans whether or not they appear on steam profile, I saw that people say it does appear
    now pls in case you want to reply . reply to all three points I mentioned

    1 - I didn't say anything about this, so I'm not sure what reply you expect.
    2 - But not always a permanent ban, which is the only kind you can see on a person's profile.
    3 - Those people are wrong.

  • @Orion
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.
    thats what you said
    now My post is clearly about a racist person with evidence and me expecting a punishment
    then you come and say just because I THINK it doesnt mean it should be ??

  • @Orion and thanks for tellinmg me that I cant see temporary game bans
    in this case I think that guy is banned ?? see thats the issue I need to know if he is punished or not !

  • @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.
    thats what you said
    now My post is clearly about a racist person with evidence and me expecting a punishment
    then you come and say just because I THINK it doesnt mean it should be ??

    You specifically said you expected a ban. They may or may not ban the person, I don't know. My point is that just because you expect a ban doesn't mean one will actually come through. Even if it does, you have no way of knowing unless it's a permanent ban, and even that doesn't mean the person was banned because of your particular report.

  • @Orion said:

    @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.
    thats what you said
    now My post is clearly about a racist person with evidence and me expecting a punishment
    then you come and say just because I THINK it doesnt mean it should be ??

    You specifically said you expected a ban. They may or may not ban the person, I don't know. My point is that just because you expect a ban doesn't mean one will actually come through. Even if it does, you have no way of knowing unless it's a permanent ban, and even that doesn't mean the person was banned because of your particular report.

    ok ok buddy
    we are disagreeing on one simple point
    I'm saying when I expect a ban for Racism it SHOULD happen
    and what you're saying when I expect a ban for Racism it may or may not happen

  • @Orion said:
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.

    Yeah @harry14141414 I'm afraid you are not the judge, jury, and executioner. You've done all you can so just sit back and relax.

  • @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion and thanks for tellinmg me that I cant see temporary game bans
    in this case I think that guy is banned ?? see thats the issue I need to know if he is punished or not !

    All you need to know is that the matter was handled.

  • Didn't they say something a long time ago about screenshot not being valid for report or something because they where too easy to falsifie or some ######### like that?
    Or is my memory mixing it with a dev stream from an unrelated game?

  • @Orion said:

    @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.
    thats what you said
    now My post is clearly about a racist person with evidence and me expecting a punishment
    then you come and say just because I THINK it doesnt mean it should be ??

    You specifically said you expected a ban. They may or may not ban the person, I don't know. My point is that just because you expect a ban doesn't mean one will actually come through. Even if it does, you have no way of knowing unless it's a permanent ban, and even that doesn't mean the person was banned because of your particular report.

    To add to this depending on the severity as i said determines the level of punishment given. It could be a 1 off thing where the person has a stellar record before that. In that case they might just give them a warning which is what @Orion was probably also trying to say.

  • @harry14141414 said:

    @Orion said:

    @harry14141414 said:
    @Orion
    You can't see temporary game bans and just because you think something should happen doesn't mean it will. You don't get to decide the punishment.
    thats what you said
    now My post is clearly about a racist person with evidence and me expecting a punishment
    then you come and say just because I THINK it doesnt mean it should be ??

    You specifically said you expected a ban. They may or may not ban the person, I don't know. My point is that just because you expect a ban doesn't mean one will actually come through. Even if it does, you have no way of knowing unless it's a permanent ban, and even that doesn't mean the person was banned because of your particular report.

    ok ok buddy
    we are disagreeing on one simple point
    I'm saying when I expect a ban for Racism it SHOULD happen
    and what you're saying when I expect a ban for Racism it may or may not happen

    I'm saying that just because you expect something or believe something should happen doesn't mean it will. You are not a moderator nor a dev. You made the report, now the moderators will deal with it.