If lightweight will remove scratch marks sooner, then can predator keep them longer?
If lightweight will remove scratch marks sooner, then can predator have an additional effect to keep scratch marks longer? Killers might want some counter to the new lightweight, and predator used to be able to extend the duration of scratch marks.
Comments
That's what predator used to do, and it actually hurt killers. Scratchmarks disappearing sooner can help you figure out which way a survivor went if you manage to lose them.
If scratch marks disappearing sooner is good for killers, then why is lightweight being changed to remove scratch marks sooner? Do you think lightweight is being nerfed?
No of course it isn't, but I was playing this game back in 2017, and trust me, scratchmarks remaining fir longer will do nothing but make tracking survivors that you don't have LOS on a lot more difficult.
Even the current Predator kind of hurts you as you're less likely to see scratch marks on walls from a distance.
Making footsteps louder would be a better buff.
I wanted Stridor to also increase footsteps, since it was the listening perk.
People don’t run predator now, so I was hoping it could get longer scratchmarks in case people want that. I’d certainly want to try it. Even though longer scratchmarks are sometimes confusing at jungle gyms if a survivor runs over their previous scratchmarks, I’d still want to try it for all the survivors that try to run away from a generator because they hear the killer getting closer.
Longer scratch marks is a bad thing, you don't want that on killer.
I've always wanted a perk on both sides that silences or increases footstep sounds.
Lightweight’s shorter duration scratchmarks seems awful for killers though. So if the survivor drops a safe pallet, and gets a bit of distance and breaks line of sight, then too bad for the killer of the scratchmarks go away before they can follow the trail?
I’d like a counter perk to exist for new lightweight, even if some killers don’t want longer scratchmarks. They aren’t using predator anyway, so what difference would it make if that perk got changed?
I actually don't have a good answer for you at the moment.
If Predator increased the time of them and people aren't running Lightweight it will hurt your tracking a lot.
I guess this is just another situation where killers are just supposed to suffer with worse tracking abilities, and there’s nothing to be done about it. We’ve had to deal with miserable 0% injured sounds, and now it’s being switched to miserable scratchmarks.
I'm reserving judgement until I see how sporadic the scratchmarks are. Could be good or terrible.
Also, there's honestly a lot worse perks the survivors could be running than Lightweight.
Killer tracking perks would have to be tuned very, very high for them to be considered by most killers over just more gen regression. This is why you don't currently see too many as most don't meet that mark. You mostly only even saw BBQ just because of the blood points. That perks gonna be gone soon as well.