BHVR do a great job with new patch, you just don't understand the idea!

After reading future patch notes I was shocked as many others. But then comes understading.

One guy on this forum gave me idea to gather statistic about matches. So, I played a lot today and that's how SoloQ statistic (with current gen-rush and second-chance perks) looks like:

image.png

With all currint "unfairness" for killers in 9 matches I depipped 4 times and pipped 3 times (on gold rank). 8/9 games are wins for the killer. Only two matches where, though depressing, but still very interesting and fun to play (when killer applied pressure, had more than 2 braincells and got deserved 4K).

Now with upcoming huge gen nerfs and gen regression buffs, and removing all perks that allowed many to survive. (I didn't use them, but looks like my teammates will die twice faster), chances to win are even lower.

At the same time SWF will prosper with Off The Record, BT, sabo, and their usual coordination.

Obviously, SoloQ is going to be completely unplayable by casuals, only pros and streamers will dare to go solo for content.

AND THAT'S GREAT!

BHVR send us the message: don't be alone! Play only with friends! Get friends! Get social! Be together! 4 man SWF of GTFO!

In our times I think it's a great attempt to connect people. Sadly, I cannot afford to play with friends in DbD due to inconstant free time. But I'm happy for everybody else!

P.S.

Truly, the saying "be afraid of what you wish, it may come true" worked here. When I asked to buff my Sadako, I didn't mean to put SoloQ to the ground. Yes, I know, her packed with Jolt, Knockout, Overcharge and without Spinechill survivors are toasted. But that not what I wanted....

Comments

  • I would go on a project to analyze my games. I died, from 10 games, around 7... and I'm a pretty decent survivor and I do everything, when I pip, it's mostly 2 pips, because I loop, I repair, I save people, everything... and still, I die a lot. With the changes, my wins will probably reduce even more.

  • Well, you are forgetting 1 thing, people are going to run off the record so much that killers would want to hit ASAP to trigger deepwounds. The benefits: unless they changed it(which I doubt) haste still doesnt stack, so hitting someone ASAP gets rid of the endurance AND 7% speedboost.

    To then keep on tunneling is going to be a bit more difficult, because Lucky Break will also see a resurgance because it can be recharged(btw, this alone means Guardian is completely useless right now, basekit and Lucky Break has the same effect, but better).

    This is all going to entice most killers to stop tunneling and go for someone else. Because its going to be legit faster to get kills while keeping other people occupied(practically guaranteed deepwounds means they have to mend, you can pick up chase with someone else faster due to reduced hit cooldown too), and since survivors have a slightly longer time fixing gens, you rarely need to tunnel someone out.


    The big issue here, is lower MMR. Because while higher MMR was super stale due to that gameplay, low MMR would now get super stale for the opposite reasoning.

  • It'd be interesting to see survival stats for swfs vs solo. I feel like swfs probably skew survival results. Could be wrong of course, just wish we had that break down though

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It'd be interesting to see survival stats for swfs vs solo. I feel like swfs probably skew survival results. Could be wrong of course, just wish we had that break down though

    Yeah, that would be interesting in general. Also it would be cool if someone record his results for both solo and SWF, like 100 matches lone wolf and 100 matches with the strike team. I'll continue recording results until 13th, but, alas, only for SoloQ.

  • I actually started writing down stuff during the event too. One thing that stands out for me is that during the first week of the event I survived and escaped through an exit gate roughly 50% of my solo matches - and I didnt count farming matches or killers letting me go as the last survivor towards my statistic at all.


    This number dropped significantly this week. I'm now lucky to escape in one of ten matches - which feels like my usual solo experience. A lot of the killers feel newer as well so I'd often be the last person alive.


    The difference? To me it seems the quality of teammates significantly declined. For the first four days of the event I was actually paired with people that kind of knew what they were doing. The way a general shared game sense among survivors. I'm now back to being matched with survivors that don't last ten seconds in chase or try to heal my when I'm broken.


    I do wonder if that has something to do with an overall higher number of players when the event started? I'm low MMR, I know that, but I have game experience. And it seemed I was matched with people like that.


    A 50% escape rate felt great by the way! It didn't feel like it was to easy but it was nice to have the odd success. I do worry about solo queue as well as I know new players will still bring Self-care!

  • @Persephone_ said:

    I actually started writing down stuff during the event too. One thing that stands out for me is that during the first week of the event I survived and escaped through an exit gate roughly 50% of my solo matches - and I didnt count farming matches or killers letting me go as the last survivor towards my statistic at all.

    This number dropped significantly this week. I'm now lucky to escape in one of ten matches - which feels like my usual solo experience. A lot of the killers feel newer as well so I'd often be the last person alive.

    The difference? To me it seems the quality of teammates significantly declined. For the first four days of the event I was actually paired with people that kind of knew what they were doing. The way a general shared game sense among survivors. I'm now back to being matched with survivors that don't last ten seconds in chase or try to heal my when I'm broken.

    I do wonder if that has something to do with an overall higher number of players when the event started? I'm low MMR, I know that, but I have game experience. And it seemed I was matched with people like that.

    A 50% escape rate felt great by the way! It didn't feel like it was to easy but it was nice to have the odd success. I do worry about solo queue as well as I know new players will still bring Self-care!

    I wanted to also write more detailed match scenarios, but, frankly, too lazy. Regarding yesterday table I posted in the head, I cannot blame almost any survivor. They were useful, they commint, they unhooked, they drew killer from hook, baited, flashlight saved, mindgamed etc. So very very proper survivors, majority of them better than me no doubt. But still it is really sided for killer. What will be after patch, I don't even want to think.

    Probably 4SWF team will be mandatory to play DbD, like internet or PC/console.