Ruin is pretty useless now

Nerf to the gen regression

Deactivates after someone is killed

On top of being a hex

10/10

Comments

  • Yeah I don't see a reason to run it anymore for any reason except if you're nemesis maybe otherwise it got dumpstered.

    Which is fine cuz yay get to run different perks now but hexes in general seem kinda bad now and they weren't in an amazing spot to begin with.

  • Yep I saw that changes and there is zero reason to use it now quite frankly

  • Yeah, when I was reading overzealous doubling when a hex totem is broken, it felt like a pointless addition after reading ruin.

    But there's always Deadman's and deadlock. Maybe even together.

  • Wow, I'm dumbfounded at how dumb of a change this is. What are they thinking?

  • with that nerf it honestly surprises me they don't let you replace it, it's justification for being a Hex was "High risk, high reward" now it's just high risk. Lol

  • Yeah I don't like calling things useless ever but making the regression base regression and going away after a survivor is sacrificed... Like the sacrifice part would be fine if they just kept it at like 150% for t3.

  • They made ruin a sidegrade to just normally kicking a gen now that kicking a gen grants 2.5% immediate regression. But ruin has all the risks of being a hex and an additional way to turn itself off that you might as well just stick with kicking gens since ruin barely performs better in that aspect. Plus you can run newly buffed Overcharged or Call of Brine for faster regression with kicks.

    Eruption now incapacities survivors for 25s which is actually ridiculous on top of the extra 10% regression.

    Kicking gens has never been better with this update.

    If you don't want to kick gens, Surge and Pain Res are still good options that can't be removed from the match.