Can you stack Overcharge & Call of Brine?

Because isn't that 600% regression? I don't know how long that is, but that seems like quite a bit...

I don't know the math on how gen regression works, but if someone does could you let me know? Like add Pop to this and its 600% of 20% less of then gen then when they kicked it...

I feel like those three perks are basically... Bye bye gen.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    700% if you use fuming mix tape 😆

    Yeah, but that is more specific to one killer, which isn't great. But 600% on all killers I feel like is a little crazy... you can kick a gen and chase around it for 10 seconds and what, then gen is basically gone?

  • Yes they do. Gen regression stacks when combined with perks or add ons.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    Because isn't that 600% regression? I don't know how long that is, but that seems like quite a bit...

    I don't know the math on how gen regression works, but if someone does could you let me know? Like add Pop to this and its 600% of 20% less of then gen then when they kicked it...

    I feel like those three perks are basically... Bye bye gen.

    Shhh...

    Iksnay onyay athay ombocay.

  • Survivors repair at 1 C/S

    when a killer checks a gen it regresses at 1/4 of a C/S or .25.

    I could be wrong but assuming it works like many of the other calculations, I think it would be .25 * 4(max overcharge benefit of 400%) = 1 C/S and .25 * 2(brine benefit of 200%) = .5 add them together for 1.5 C/S.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014679#Comment_3014679

    Overcharge only starts regressing gens by 400% after its been regressing for 30 seconds.

    Along with its current effects, Overcharge will cause a kicked generator’s regression speed to grow from 100% to 400% over the course of 30 seconds.

    Unless I am misreading that, it maxes out at 400% after 30 seconds, not that it goes from 100% to 400% at 30 seconds. I assume it increases X percentage over 30 seconds capping at 400% after 30 seconds. I could be wrong through.

    Edit: which means assuming its a linear scale it would be at 200% at 15 seconds.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014679#Comment_3014679

    Overcharge only starts regressing gens by 400% after its been regressing for 30 seconds.

    Are you sure? From my understanding the gen regresses at 400% until 30 seconds are over

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015184#Comment_3015184

    " Overcharge will cause a kicked generator’s regression speed to grow from 100% to 400% over the course of 30 seconds"

    Ok but does that mean the gen keeps regressing at 400% after 30s or is it going back to normal regression rate?

  • @legacycolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014698#Comment_3014698

    Are you sure? From my understanding the gen regresses at 400% until 30 seconds are over

    When you kick it, it starts regressing at 100%, but that 100% will tick up gradually until it caps at 400% after 30 seconds.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015184#Comment_3015184

    When you kick it, it starts regressing at 100%, but that 100% will tick up gradually until it caps at 400% after 30 seconds.

    Gotcha

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015213#Comment_3015213

    Keeps regressing at 400% until survivors stop the generator from regressing.

    Ok thx

  • Yes a killer can use both but their regressions would not stack together because the way the perks work. COB works after a killer kicks a gen, so begins 200% regression until a survivor taps the gen. Once tapped, the regress of COB ends.

    Overcharge gives a skillcheck upon tapping the gen. Then it’s regression begins if left untapped.

    No stacking but still could be clever perk usage.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Yes a killer can use both but their regressions would not stack together because the way the perks work. COB works after a killer kicks a gen, so begins 200% regression until a survivor taps the gen. Once tapped, the regress of COB ends.

    Overcharge gives a skillcheck upon tapping the gen. Then it’s regression begins if left untapped.

    No stacking but still could be clever perk usage.

    Why would the regression start after the skillcheck? The survivor is working on the generator there would be no regression....

  • Overcharge with Dragon's grip could be interesting, to try and force the 30's buildup. Gives you a trade-off at least.

  • It takes 30 second of not being touched to reach 400% regression speed, at which point it is only regressing as fast as a survivor repairs the generator anyway. Base repair speed is 1 charge/second, regression is 0.25 charges/second.

    So yeah, when you say "600% speed" it sounds huge, but it's 1.5 charges/second, which is still a full minute to regress a 99.99% gen before considering the 30 seconds it takes to reach that speed. Also CoB only lasts 60 seconds so you'd have a maximum of 30 seconds at 600% regression speed, and all of this is completely countered by a survivor just getting on the gen.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    It takes 30 second of not being touched to reach 400% regression speed, at which point it is only regressing as fast as a survivor repairs the generator anyway. Base repair speed is 1 charge/second, regression is 0.25 charges/second.

    So yeah, when you say "600% speed" it sounds huge, but it's 1.5 charges/second, which is still a full minute to regress a 99.99% gen before considering the 30 seconds it takes to reach that speed. Also CoB only lasts 60 seconds so you'd have a maximum of 30 seconds at 600% regression speed, and all of this is completely countered by a survivor just getting on the gen.

    That is true, but it doesn't read like its 100% than 400%, you're still talking about 300% regression at kicking the gen with a ramp-up to 600% at 30 seconds. For the last 30 seconds of Call of Brine is 600% then 400% until some touches it.

    Throw on pop to bring a gen down from 99% to 80% instantly... I am not sure how good the perk combination is, I simply saying without someone doing the numbers from me, its still seems like a little much

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015668#Comment_3015668

    That is true, but it doesn't read like its 100% than 400%, you're still talking about 300% regression at kicking the gen with a ramp-up to 600% at 30 seconds. For the last 30 seconds of Call of Brine is 600% then 400% until some touches it.

    Throw on pop to bring a gen down from 99% to 80% instantly... I am not sure how good the perk combination is, I simply saying without someone doing the numbers from me, its still seems like a little much

    If a gen isn't touched for 60 seconds, then they're either working on other gens or in a bad enough position that it doesn't matter regardless.

    Nobody is currently stressing that a basically complete gen will be at 30% if they don't touch it in 60 seconds because the killer is running Pop and CoB, because they either just get back on the gen and CoB's regression is irrelevant, or that gen just isn't being worked on regardless.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015714#Comment_3015714

    If a gen isn't touched for 60 seconds, then they're either working on other gens or in a bad enough position that it doesn't matter regardless.

    Nobody is currently stressing that a basically complete gen will be at 30% if they don't touch it in 60 seconds because the killer is running Pop and CoB, because they either just get back on the gen and CoB's regression is irrelevant, or that gen just isn't being worked on regardless.

    I guess my point is, this is just a change that makes the game more oppressive the longer it lasts. Its not my playstyle and feels unfun to play as for both sides in my opinion. I don't think overcharge needed this buff as its essentially either should always be paired with CoB or you should never choose CoB over Overcharge.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014565#Comment_3014565

    Yeah, but that is more specific to one killer, which isn't great. But 600% on all killers I feel like is a little crazy... you can kick a gen and chase around it for 10 seconds and what, then gen is basically gone?

    You'd have to be sitting around that gen for like 30 seconds for you to get up to 600% regression. Which is a waste of time.

  • they should balance this perk a bit by making it only regress to 400% when the killer is away from the gen like 24 meters so giving the survivors a chance to get back to that gen

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014679#Comment_3014679

    You'd have to be sitting around that gen for like 30 seconds for you to get up to 600% regression. Which is a waste of time.

    Well thats sorta of true, it also depends on map and the number of survivors alive. Yes this perk combination isn't as useful when there are 4 survivors and 5 gens... but 3 survivors and 3 gens... or 2 survivors and 2 gens left... At that point those regessions get hard to counter as survivor.

    As I said in a previous comment... I feel like the combination is just really oppressive in longer games. I am not sure if they every will see use in this way. It was more of a, why are we letting slow downs stack like this... The community would lose there mind if you could stack dead hard and Sprint burst...

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015777#Comment_3015777

    Well thats sorta of true, it also depends on map and the number of survivors alive. Yes this perk combination isn't as useful when there are 4 survivors and 5 gens... but 3 survivors and 3 gens... or 2 survivors and 2 gens left... At that point those regessions get hard to counter as survivor.

    As I said in a previous comment... I feel like the combination is just really oppressive in longer games. I am not sure if they every will see use in this way. It was more of a, why are we letting slow downs stack like this... The community would lose there mind if you could stack dead hard and Sprint burst...

    Thing is survivors don't need to stack to get insane value out of their perks. Gen speed is THAT bad, like 10 extra seconds to the gen speed is cool but it hardly solves the problem because in the long run the 10 seconds is nothing. Especially if it's a group effort on the gens.


    If the perks only get insane value like you stated with barely anyone alive and barely any gens to finish, then it's honestly very niche and for only like 10% of the game useful. Especially since there's a chance they don't do gens at all and one of them literally just waits while you chase the other, so they can get hatch. To which they wouldn't be doing gens at all and the perks are useless.


    Stacking sprint burst and dead hard will be all useful all the time, meanwhile stacking overcharge and brine is useful like you said. In very niche late game situations.

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3015800#Comment_3015800

    Thing is survivors don't need to stack to get insane value out of their perks. Gen speed is THAT bad, like 10 extra seconds to the gen speed is cool but it hardly solves the problem because in the long run the 10 seconds is nothing. Especially if it's a group effort on the gens.

    If the perks only get insane value like you stated with barely anyone alive and barely any gens to finish, then it's honestly very niche and for only like 10% of the game useful. Especially since there's a chance they don't do gens at all and one of them literally just waits while you chase the other, so they can get hatch. To which they wouldn't be doing gens at all and the perks are useless.

    Stacking sprint burst and dead hard will be all useful all the time, meanwhile stacking overcharge and brine is useful like you said. In very niche late game situations.

    I argue that it is niche. I said it gets more oppressive with less gens and less survivors. It can still be used rather effectively against 4 survivors at 5 gens. It would be a great set of perks to force a 3 gen and with 300% regression at start (with a base 2.5% at kick and/or another 20% with pop). It would be a lot easier for a killer to control which gens are done and which are not.

    I wont debate gen speeds as I can tell you know, as someone whos been playing killer since 2017, I do not fall into the category where I believe gen speeds are an issue. I will say, that if you are playing against survivors that want to rush gens, yes it can be done, but more often then not, the survivors I face are good but not "rush squads". So I tend not to worry or validate the gen speed arguement.

    Slow downs are not niche, doesn't matter what which ones you are talking about. I honestly don't think you should ever be able to stack two different slow downs at once. Just as I don't think you should be able to stack exhaustion perks. I personally only ever run 1 slow down perk. But I do tend to play with builds like the one speculated here such as Pop, Overcharge, CoB and maybe eruption... just to see how it changes my game play.

    For example, I didnt run ruin+undying+pop or whatever builds because they changed my kill rate from an average 3 to basically always a 4k excluding hatch escapes... So those builds are no fun, I wasn't earning anything, the game was playing itself for me essentially, wheres the skill in that?

  • This could be monstrous on defensive plague builds. On top of the new Thanataphobia buff... SHEESH.