how do you counter zombie camping a hook?

I just had a match against Tyrant where there was a zombie camping the hook, literally embedded in the guy on the hook, so I couldn't unhook the guy without getting hit by the zombie. How are you supposed to counter that?

Comments

  • I mean, if the zed is literally stuck, chalk it up to getting BHVR'ed. Otherwise you just gotta lead it away a few feet

  • @luvcraft said:

    I just had a match against Tyrant where there was a zombie camping the hook, literally embedded in the guy on the hook, so I couldn't unhook the guy without getting hit by the zombie. How are you supposed to counter that?

    It's bugged.

    Usually, this just means that Nemmy has one less zombie. Very rarely, it means that he has a camping buddy.

    Go in, trade.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/329621/how-do-you-counter-zombie-camping-a-hook

    It's bugged.

    Usually, this just means that Nemmy has one less zombie. Very rarely, it means that he has a camping buddy.

    Go in, trade.

    I tried. Getting hit by zombie interrupts unhook, and zombie can apparently attack recover faster than a survivor can unhook. I was at full health, started unhooking, got hit at like 70% which interrupted the unhook. Repeated until I was downed. ☹️

  • I should've saved a video. ☹️

  • If the zombie is stuck, it's stuck, go for the rescue..

    If it's just hovering around, zombies respond to loud noises.. Pebble, quick vault, quick locker, blowing a gen skillcheck... it'll attrack the zombie (but also the Nemesis...)

  • @luvcraft said:

    I should've saved a video. ☹️

    I have videos of it. Not much you can do other than pray he goes away, very nasty bug

  • Walk around him at different angles until he gets unstuck, then lead him away. Ive ran into this a few times. Just gotta find the right spot.