SoloQ SuRviVors aRe jUsT Bad

It's funny how some killer mains think that soloQ is bad because solo survivors are bad. SoloQ became a miserable experience since BHVR tweaked game balance many years ago. In the first 2-3 years after DBD release soloQ experience was great, escape rate was around 50% if not higher, after balance changes it is probably around 30-35% now. Did all good solo survivors suddenly disappeared?

And are there no potatoes left among killers? This is BS of course. I face many killers who are just bad, they can't even swing properly, but most of them still get 3-4k in solo, because DBD is balanced around SWF nowadays.

Killer mains just try to downplay game balance issues for soloQ. But when they lose against SWF, it's not because they were bad, no, it's because the game is unbalanced and SWF is unfair. Such hypocrites.

"Better" matchmaking won't change anything, because it's not a matchmaking issue, it's a game-balance issue. And current matchmaking is as good as it can be without creating much longer que times. There's an almost equal amount of bad survivors and killers and if you match them in a different way nothing is gonna change.

There's a simple logical proof for that. If it was a matchmaking issue and there is an (almost) equal amount of good and bad players among both survivors and killers, and soloQ is miserable only because weak solo survivors are just matched to strong killers, then were are all the god-like soloQ survivors, who dominate killers in soloQ? I haven't seen them in great numbers. Have you? Again, that's why matching players in a different way won't change anything.

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011930#Comment_3011930

    I love these people who say they win most of their solo q games. Mind streaming it so we all can become gods like you?

    And no, hiding all game and going through the hatch wont be seen as a win.

    Remember that hatch isn’t considered full winning for solo Q. As in raising MMR. Normally as solo If I escape 5 times 3 of those times were probably the hatch. All because my teammates are bad at chases.

    Normally when I see everyone dropping like flies, especially to a Basement Trapper/Hag, I’ll do as many gens as I can. Cleanse as many totems I can find. Then I’ll hatch escape, but alas you gain nothing but pips that way. That’s the big problem. Solo Q should allow MMR increase via hatch escapes.

  • @The_Horde said:

    I used to only play soloQ, and then started focusing on playing killer. Without a doubt the most unfun thing in this game is soloQ. I've had a lot more fun playing mostly killer. The que times are shorter, there's plentiful amounts of salt, and I almost always get more blood points playing killer than soloQ.

    Join us. Come to the dark side. We have cookies... and NOED. "One of us! One of us! We accept you we accept you! Gooble gobble gooble gobble!"

    Also, you have to remember that when BHVR changes the meta, it basically means that survivor meta perks will be nerfed with meaningless buffs to the bad perks, while killer meta perks will get a slight nerf with massive buffs on the bad perks.

    It's just flat out better to play killer at this point. Although, I've been really curious about the Evil Dead game, it seems like those developers have been really proactive about nerfs and buffs for both sides.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012043#Comment_3012043

    Oh, how quaint, you hide insults that everyone is dumb behind "modesty". So, in my 1200K hours, half of time being matched with 1K-5K surivors, I still have maximum escape streak 3. Also thousand-hour-experienced players dying almost as fast as 500h ones. Also camping and tuneling completely destroys half of teams.

    So, again, it's just everyone is dumb, right? Or you just some coy looping god? Or there is myphical soloq servers with gods only, and I never been there?

    I didn't call anyone dumb. So please stop putting words in my mouth that I never said. As I said, I'm not a professional gamer, but I'm still better than average and still good enough to get through most of my matches. There are matches where I play really decent. And there are matches where I have my Baby Meg moments. And I only play at certain times. Maybe you should start reading more than the first sentence of my comments?

    If you lose so often after 1200000 hours (😂🤣), you should ask yourself if it's always because of your bad mates or the meanie killer.

  • @_VTK_ said:

    It's funny how some killer mains think that soloQ is bad because solo survivors are bad. SoloQ became a miserable experience since BHVR tweaked game balance many years ago. In the first 2-3 years after DBD release soloQ experience was great, escape rate was around 50% if not higher, after balance changes it is probably around 30-35% now. Did all good solo survivors suddenly disappeared?

    And are there no potatoes left among killers? This is BS of course. I face many killers who are just bad, they can't even swing properly, but most of them still get 3-4k in solo, because DBD is balanced around SWF nowadays.

    Killer mains just try to downplay game balance issues for soloQ. But when they lose against SWF, it's not because they were bad, no, it's because the game is unbalanced and SWF is unfair. Such hypocrites.

    "Better" matchmaking won't change anything, because it's not a matchmaking issue, it's a game-balance issue. And current matchmaking is as good as it can be without creating much longer que times. There's an almost equal amount of bad survivors and killers and if you match them in a different way nothing is gonna change.

    There's a simple logical proof for that. If it was a matchmaking issue and there is an (almost) equal amount of good and bad players among both survivors and killers, and soloQ is miserable only because weak solo survivors are just matched to strong killers, then were are all the god-like soloQ survivors, who dominate killers in soloQ? I haven't seen them in great numbers. Have you? Again, that's why matching players in a different way won't change anything.

    Hello, I'm a DbD boomer, I play since 2017, I confirm all you said and you are totally right. I remember SoloQ was a joke at that times. Since they nerfed the OP pallet vacuum SoloQ now suck.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012096#Comment_3012096

    First you "survive most of your games" but now "i dont care if i survive or not".

    There is no contradiction here.

    Only the statement that, despite not tryharding (not caring about death or escape), they escape/win most of their games.

    because source: trust me bro

    And a sweet case of selective perception, ignoring the statement of @Bartlaus , even telling people to watch their stream footage for evidence.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012043#Comment_3012043

    Two weeks ago I had 11 escapes in a row and I can prove it (either), if you dont trust me.

    With only the "either" being a grammar mistake.

    And a sweet case of selective perception, ignoring the statement of @Bartlaus , even telling people to watch their stream footage for evidence.

    Some people love to ignore certain statements I make or put words in my mouth just to construct their own truth. At least u noticed it :D


    With only the "either" being a grammar mistake.

    Meh. Unfortunately, I'm not a native speaker, but please don't tell anyone. There is not much going on in the forum where I actually belong. Also, there is no Sluzzy there :(

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    I agree that Solo Queue gameplay should have the same balance as SWFs. There is no reason, absolutely none, why Kindred shouldn't be base kit (minus maybe the killer aura reading part). If SWFs are able to negate the use of multiple perks like Kindred through communicating, why should solo players have to use a perk slot to get the information that SWFs get for free?

    To add to that, I think solo players should be able to see each others' loadouts before the beginning of the match. This is another thing that is given to SWFs for free (of course you're gonna know what each of your friends are running) and would allow for solo survivors to coordinate much more effectively. If I know someone's running a sabo build for instance then I can play accordingly and help the sabo work. Or if someone has unbreakable, I can leave them to recover themselves rather than running across the map to get them and having it potentially backfire. Or We'll Make It, Deliverance etc. will let me know to let others get the hook save rather than me getting it and denying them their perks. There's a load of other examples I could choose from.

    Solo queue is always pretty much a coin toss because you have no way of really coordinating with your team and this leaves you open to mistakes that can straight up cost you the match, mistakes that are completely negated by the communication and strategy provided by a SWF. When you get a solo team that can somehow pull off an amazing escape it feels awesome but unfortunately that is far too rare at the moment. Not to say I'm expecting an escape every match or for every match to go well, but it's really demotivating when you can go match after match where you can tell the match is over in the first couple of minutes.

    I really like the idea of seeing each other's loadouts. For instance, if you see someone is runner Inner Healing and you find an obvious totem, you would know to leave it for that teammate. Hidden, sheer luck you found it, totems could still be taken just as a defense against NOED. That's a way to balance your teammate's needs with a potential endgame strategy.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012282#Comment_3012282

    And a sweet case of selective perception, ignoring the statement of @Bartlaus , even telling people to watch their stream footage for evidence.

    Some people love to ignore certain statements I make or put words in my mouth just to construct their own truth. At least u noticed it :D

    With only the "either" being a grammar mistake.

    Meh. Unfortunately, I'm not a native speaker, but please don't tell anyone. There is not much going on in the forum where I actually belong. Also, there is no Sluzzy there :(

    Judging by your profile name i guess you are German like me?

    And I didn't mean it in an aggressive way but more like a possibly explanation why someone could misunderstand that specific sentence because it could be read like "i can't prove it either" at a quick glimpse.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012265#Comment_3012265

    "K" is typo, don't nitpick.

    Oh I see, you're hunting for grammar mistakes in comments. Well, if that somehow nullifies the message, I cannot add anything.

    I don't hunt for grammar mistakes and didn't even address your message?

    I just saw your comment somehow as boasting about an unrealistic playtime and called it out.

    Seems i got it wrong and it was the other way around if you have "only" 1200 hours in this game and are one a normal level, my bad then.

    But there are more than enough people on this forum boasting that they played over 10k hours and I personally think that that's not an achievement to be proud of, hanging roughly 20-25% if their last 6 years infront of a PC/console and playing the same repetitive game.

  • @Crowman said:

    When I get solo teammates who actually do gens and don't just run around the map doing absolutely nothing, maybe you'll have a point.

    But after having several matches in a row where survivors not being chased are not doing the gens, solo queue survivors are just bad.

    Or stuck having to do tome/event challenges that require the person to not to participate as normal in the trial. In some cases actually throw the trial in order to accomplish the challenge (both survivors and killers). Neither of which I ever understood as to why that would be put in the game.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012435#Comment_3012435

    Judging by your profile name i guess you are German like me?

    And I didn't mean it in an aggressive way but more like a possibly explanation why someone could misunderstand that specific sentence because it could be read like "i can't prove it either" at a quick glimpse.

    Judging by your profile name i guess you are German like me?

    Sauerkraut, Lederhosen, Autobahn, Fräulein and Kindergarten. Yes you got me 😅

    And I didn't mean it in an aggressive way but more like a possibly explanation why someone could misunderstand that specific sentence

    Yeah, I know and I wasn't offended :) I also appreciate it when people point out my mistakes. That's why I corrected it in my first post.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012316#Comment_3012316

    I don't hunt for grammar mistakes and didn't even address your message?

    I just saw your comment somehow as boasting about an unrealistic playtime and called it out.

    Seems i got it wrong and it was the other way around if you have "only" 1200 hours in this game and are one a normal level, my bad then.

    But there are more than enough people on this forum boasting that they played over 10k hours and I personally think that that's not an achievement to be proud of, hanging roughly 20-25% if their last 6 years infront of a PC/console and playing the same repetitive game.

    Yeah, but point was not about boasting, but that with such "experience" I'm rendered bad. Ok, I'm completely good with that, I definetely not think I'm any good and never ever said otherwise. Question was what with so many other people? They have HUGE playtimes and still bad? There're only few very good? Then is this game made around 10% pro players? Otherwise it's statistically imposible that I'm matched almost only with bad players (and personally I don't think they bad in a slightest, but maybe that's my "bad player" opinion).

    TL;DR if all my teammates, besides me, dies almost every match, having huge playtimes, how it is possible that there are so many, that I matched with always, and almost never with mythical gods, which are plenty, if we believe some comments.

  • I play solo Q roughly 95% of the time. I escape quite often and I die quite often - do gens, unhooks, looping, etc.... all of it. Been in the game since the start. it really comes down to the killers (tunneller hello) and whether or not the other survivors are potaaattoooossss.

    What I can't stand are the solos who sneak around the map all games doing nothing ( I run bond). These are the solos giving us SoloQ a bad rap.

    I disagree about kindred being a base kit - it is over hyped in my opinion.


    Just my 3 cents. Where's the coffee?

1 2 ›