Are you going to do anything about SWF?

What are you going to do about SWF on comms? Getting massive amounts of info for free is BS.

Comments

  • @DY86 said:

    What do u want them to do? Punish people for wanting to play together? Lol thats stupid af.

    U guys just shouldnt take the game so serious. It sucks to lose to a well coordinated team but u cant win always.

    Could be worse.. imagine losing to a badly coordinated team ;)

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013718#Comment_3013718

    Could be worse.. imagine losing to a badly coordinated team ;)

    Exactly lol. But then again, if that were the case, then there wouldn’t be anyone to blame except yourself haha

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013585#Comment_3013585

    I have over 1000 hours and have been playing this game since 2018. I can say with absolute confidence that the vast majority of SWFs I have played against were not out to ruin my game.

    Dbd is a casual game. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. The reason for competitive matchmaking is because the community was sick of the busted matchmaking prior to SBMM. That being said, nobody likes SBMM because it doesn't work.

    You could have Rank 20 survivors playing against Rank 1 killers, or Rank 20 killers versing a lobby that consisted of a Rank 1, Rank 4, Rank 6 and Rank 12. That Rank 20 killer was new to the game, and they'd get mercilessly stomped by the more experienced players.

    See, you make the argument that because survivors can choose to play with their friends that killers should be able to opt-out of playing against SWF. That would almost certainly kill the game. If killers don't want to play against SWF, and solo's are easier to stomp, why would they ever play against SWF? Queue times would skyrocket for SWF, solo queue would have worse games, and eventually everyone but killers would leave.

    See, a SWF running 16 perks and each having a different role just isn't efficient. A full team of solo's each running meta perks will stomp you just the same as a SWF running meta perks. Knowing each other's perks doesn't really make a difference.

    Communication is not as strong when killers can get time-efficient downs. As it stands, maps are the problem and not SWF. Fix maps, fix the killers that need fixing, bridge the gap between solo and SWF, and the game will be better for it.

    I started on November 2017 , a few months after console release, Actually according to my Xbox profile , 211 Days played in hours (I don´t know how much is it, between 4 and 5k) and I can say without fear to be wrong that I preffer to deal with old double pallet gym than 2022 SWF.

    And I repeat, Having Competitive MM makes the game Competitive, simple. People who reach High MMR wants to win, otherwise they will be on lower brackets , right?

    You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF. If DBD was balanced, nobody would avoid anyone. I repeat, If you have the chance to play with your friends and choose who is playing with you (It´s fine, enjoy) I should have the same chance, if I don´t want to play with you and your premade, why is Behaviour forcing me to do it by hidding if you are SWF or not? because , as you do, they know that SWF is omega unbalanced and nobody wants to play against them.


    Obviously 4 solos with metar perks can destroy you, but it doesn´t happen too much, maybe 1 of every 20 games. It is very very rare to see 4 tryhards playing SoloQ.

    And yes, coms is omega OP, they can share a lot of info. Explain me how to deal with this as M1 killer:

    • 4SWF + coms + 4 DH + 4DS + 2 UB + 2 Boil Over + COH + Crows/Coldwin offering with purple Medkits/Lanterns/Sabo toolbox.

    Answer -> You can´t. But no problem, SWF is balanced xD

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013721#Comment_3013721

    Exactly lol. But then again, if that were the case, then there wouldn’t be anyone to blame except yourself haha

    True haha I mean, you win some, you lose some.. I've had games where I somehow won vs coordinated players.. and others where I lost vs bad-ish players for some reason or another (bad map rng, i kept missing easy hits, you name it)

  • @Swampoffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013695#Comment_3013695

    I started on November 2017 , a few months after console release, Actually according to my Xbox profile , 211 Days played in hours (I don´t know how much is it, between 4 and 5k) and I can say without fear to be wrong that I preffer to deal with old double pallet gym than 2022 SWF.

    And I repeat, Having Competitive MM makes the game Competitive, simple. People who reach High MMR wants to win, otherwise they will be on lower brackets , right?

    You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF. If DBD was balanced, nobody would avoid anyone. I repeat, If you have the chance to play with your friends and choose who is playing with you (It´s fine, enjoy) I should have the same chance, if I don´t want to play with you and your premade, why is Behaviour forcing me to do it by hidding if you are SWF or not? because , as you do, they know that SWF is omega unbalanced and nobody wants to play against them.

    Obviously 4 solos with metar perks can destroy you, but it doesn´t happen too much, maybe 1 of every 20 games. It is very very rare to see 4 tryhards playing SoloQ.

    And yes, coms is omega OP, they can share a lot of info. Explain me how to deal with this as M1 killer:

    • 4SWF + coms + 4 DH + 4DS + 2 UB + 2 Boil Over + COH + Crows/Coldwin offering with purple Medkits/Lanterns/Sabo toolbox.

    Answer -> You can´t. But no problem, SWF is balanced xD

    211 days x 24 hours is 5064 hours (just for your information) ;)

  • @Swampoffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013695#Comment_3013695

    I started on November 2017 , a few months after console release, Actually according to my Xbox profile , 211 Days played in hours (I don´t know how much is it, between 4 and 5k) and I can say without fear to be wrong that I preffer to deal with old double pallet gym than 2022 SWF.

    And I repeat, Having Competitive MM makes the game Competitive, simple. People who reach High MMR wants to win, otherwise they will be on lower brackets , right?

    You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF. If DBD was balanced, nobody would avoid anyone. I repeat, If you have the chance to play with your friends and choose who is playing with you (It´s fine, enjoy) I should have the same chance, if I don´t want to play with you and your premade, why is Behaviour forcing me to do it by hidding if you are SWF or not? because , as you do, they know that SWF is omega unbalanced and nobody wants to play against them.

    Obviously 4 solos with metar perks can destroy you, but it doesn´t happen too much, maybe 1 of every 20 games. It is very very rare to see 4 tryhards playing SoloQ.

    And yes, coms is omega OP, they can share a lot of info. Explain me how to deal with this as M1 killer:

    • 4SWF + coms + 4 DH + 4DS + 2 UB + 2 Boil Over + COH + Crows/Coldwin offering with purple Medkits/Lanterns/Sabo toolbox.

    Answer -> You can´t. But no problem, SWF is balanced xD

    "You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF."


    False.

    Killers would dodge SWF lobbies because they believe SWF is broken AF, a false perception that would reinforce itself with confirmation bias every time they "successfully avoid" that "broken SWF" they never actually got to play against.


    I am wholly in support of displaying SWF groups in the results screen, so that we can disprove the myth that SWFs always win and solo's always lose.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013766#Comment_3013766

    "You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF."

    False.

    Killers would dodge SWF lobbies because they believe SWF is broken AF, a false perception that would reinforce itself with confirmation bias every time they "successfully avoid" that "broken SWF" they never actually got to play against.

    I am wholly in support of displaying SWF groups in the results screen, so that we can disprove the myth that SWFs always win and solo's always lose.

    SWF usually are over-altruistic, you can easily win vs that.. And sometimes they just like to dick around with meme builds.. I know, I've played with such a group before. It's all in good fun, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

  • SWF doesn't need a "nerf" solo que needs communication added, even if it's just an opt in thing or some extra icons when you are doing something specific. Once that happens they can nerf survivors on a whole, though imo map design is by far the biggest balance issue with the game, by miles in fact.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013766#Comment_3013766

    "You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF."

    False.

    Killers would dodge SWF lobbies because they believe SWF is broken AF, a false perception that would reinforce itself with confirmation bias every time they "successfully avoid" that "broken SWF" they never actually got to play against.

    I am wholly in support of displaying SWF groups in the results screen, so that we can disprove the myth that SWFs always win and solo's always lose.

    Oh and I'm totally fine with showing who was with who in the end screen.. just not in the lobby. Same way I'm fine with people seeing each others' builds, just not before the match starts.

  • @emetSdidnothingwrong said:

    SWF doesn't need a "nerf" solo que needs communication added, even if it's just an opt in thing or some extra icons when you are doing something specific. Once that happens they can nerf survivors on a whole, though imo map design is by far the biggest balance issue with the game, by miles in fact.

    One thing people have suggested many times before is either more emotes, or a chat wheel "come here" "over there" "killer is <select killer name from list>" "i'm going for the save" "take a hit" "stop running let me heal you, you ****ing twat"

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013765#Comment_3013765

    True haha I mean, you win some, you lose some.. I've had games where I somehow won vs coordinated players.. and others where I lost vs bad-ish players for some reason or another (bad map rng, i kept missing easy hits, you name it)

    Yes lol it happens. The other day I lost what couldve been a 4k because I used all the hooks around. But what can u do amirite?

    Bro, some maps have the worst rng btw.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013771#Comment_3013771

    SWF usually are over-altruistic, you can easily win vs that.. And sometimes they just like to dick around with meme builds.. I know, I've played with such a group before. It's all in good fun, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

    It's not even just that. SWF provides the opportunity for better communication, but it doesn't guarantee it, and it's usually not utilised as well as people think.

    Insufficient communication can be a bad thing. Making poor risky plays due to poor communication because you thought the killer was somewhere they're not. "You said the killer was on you!" "Oh yeah they left me 10 seconds ago" which is 100% my experience with SWF.

    Also not every SWF even use comms. I have friends who don't like to use voice chat, but we still play together because it's more fun than playing alone.

    As a result, my SWF games are at best on par with my solo games, if not worse.

    This is why you cannot apply any balance changes that simply affect whether or not players are in the same lobby. Be that increased MMR, or displaying SWFs in the lobby, because that's not the determining factor as to whether or not that group of survivors is any good.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013772#Comment_3013772

    It's not even just that. SWF provides the opportunity for better communication, but it doesn't guarantee it, and it's usually not utilised as well as people think.

    Insufficient communication can be a bad thing. Making poor risky plays due to poor communication because you thought the killer was somewhere they're not. "You said the killer was on you!" "Oh yeah they left me 10 seconds ago" which is 100% my experience with SWF.

    Also not every SWF even use comms. I have friends who don't like to use voice chat, but we still play together because it's more fun than playing alone.

    As a result, my SWF games are at best on par with my solo games, if not worse.

    Yup you're totally right. I've played with people who couldnt tell me who they were when i was on hook "one dude by themselves, 2 others on a gen, no one coming for me" until 5 seconds later someone gets hit "oh that was nowhere near me" "THEN COME GET ME!"

  • @Swampoffering said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013695#Comment_3013695

    I started on November 2017 , a few months after console release, Actually according to my Xbox profile , 211 Days played in hours (I don´t know how much is it, between 4 and 5k) and I can say without fear to be wrong that I preffer to deal with old double pallet gym than 2022 SWF.

    And I repeat, Having Competitive MM makes the game Competitive, simple. People who reach High MMR wants to win, otherwise they will be on lower brackets , right?

    You are admiting that a huge % of killers will dodge SWF lobbies, because you know that SWF is broken AF. If DBD was balanced, nobody would avoid anyone. I repeat, If you have the chance to play with your friends and choose who is playing with you (It´s fine, enjoy) I should have the same chance, if I don´t want to play with you and your premade, why is Behaviour forcing me to do it by hidding if you are SWF or not? because , as you do, they know that SWF is omega unbalanced and nobody wants to play against them.

    Obviously 4 solos with metar perks can destroy you, but it doesn´t happen too much, maybe 1 of every 20 games. It is very very rare to see 4 tryhards playing SoloQ.

    And yes, coms is omega OP, they can share a lot of info. Explain me how to deal with this as M1 killer:

    • 4SWF + coms + 4 DH + 4DS + 2 UB + 2 Boil Over + COH + Crows/Coldwin offering with purple Medkits/Lanterns/Sabo toolbox.

    Answer -> You can´t. But no problem, SWF is balanced xD

    what u said makes no sense. Most players are casual. Like ??? I play for fun. The game just happens to have a competitive mmr. Thats the mistake.

    also, if it was indeed a fullon competitive game (such as CS) no one would complain about swf, cause in dbd competitions everyone has comms.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012114#Comment_3012114

    That's not doing something about SWF though, it's doing something about solo. Big difference in wording

    Its doing something about SWF becuz if you dont make solo and SWF at same lvl and treat it as one we will be use our mental force to find futile solutions to the problem.

    If everyone can comms devs can balance around it.

1 2 ›