Prediction to next patch

If all these aura perks counties would be introduced in the live server, we'll see a lot more camping than before

If you give even more counters that are meant to incentives hunting, people would do the opposite. I won't advocate for them but that's what I'll expect, some would do it as protest, others use these changes as an excuse etc etc

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong since would hurt even me playing mostly survivor but looks kinda obvious the behavior that might rise after those changes

Comments

  • Yeah, I can see a lot of low/mid tier killers camping MORE now that bbq wont show in lockers. "Well I dont see anyone they must be close" logic.
  • Sorry but I think no one will hurt by that, if the stealth survivors have more possibilities.
    Many new survivors or just stealthy survivors wanted and needed that kind of buff.
    And no Rank 1 survivor will ever care about your BBQ & Chili or Nurses Calling perk.

    I dont think that this is gonna change some killerplaystyle. The campers gonna camp and the "I move to the next one" will still do it, because they don't care. I am happy about it that lockers have now more uses instead of "dodging the nurse" or against the doctor.

    But as I have learned, no side will begrudge the other something.

  • I predict a number of sabo swuads with breakdown. If you hook them yoi'll only be doing them a favour.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    I predict a number of sabo swuads with breakdown. If you hook them yoi'll only be doing them a favour.

    slugs u

  • I predict a number of sabo swuads with breakdown. If you hook them yoi'll only be doing them a favour.
    oh I love that perk, this might be the first time I prefer take survivor first for that perk alone
  • @The_Crusader said:
    I predict a number of sabo swuads with breakdown. If you hook them yoi'll only be doing them a favour.

    You slugg against a sabo squad

  • yep, a lot of killers will camp since bbq will not work. i cant even blame the killers, its the devs fault. oh well

  • We had no aura reading perks from June 2016 to September 2017, it'll be fine.

  • We had no aura reading perks from June 2016 to September 2017, it'll be fine.

    oh my fking god again? You can just say that over and over in every thread you see about this argument? We gor it!

    You know what this game had? Infinite loops
    Insta flashlight
    Pallet vaccuum

    Things change, new stuff get released, but apparently you are just stuck on this idea and you MUST say this sentence every single time about the aura reading BUT only from killer side, aura reading for survivors are fine right?

    Please change that cd, its broken it seems
  • We had no aura reading perks from June 2016 to September 2017, it'll be fine.

    But people have had aura reading from September 2017 - December 2018

    I mean a game is meant to improve as it goes forward, that's the purpose of patches. DBD has come a long way.

    Blocking auras isn't the end of the world but to say "oh the game was like this in its early days" makes no sense.
  • Where does this thing you are saying come from? Lockers preventing BBQ, I mean. I can't seem to find it, in the PTB Patch Notes

  • @Damarus said:
    Where does this thing you are saying come from? Lockers preventing BBQ, I mean. I can't seem to find it, in the PTB Patch Notes

    It's pointed under Miscellaneous. Just search the entry for all mentions of the term "locker" and you should find it.

  • Lol. Even before this chapter I could count the amount of camping Bbq hillbillies on more than one hand. A camper doesn't need an excuse to camp. It's already in their nature to camp.
  • malloymk said:
    Lol. Even before this chapter I could count the amount of camping Bbq hillbillies on more than one hand. A camper doesn't need an excuse to camp. It's already in their nature to camp.
    Oh, I actually never found billys camping, they were always nice when I had them against. I've seen more LF and Hags camping lately, for the last one.. It hurts see Hag camp
  • For some people literally anything can be used as a justification to camp. Almost every damn patch there's something in it that makes someone go "WOW DEVS/SURVIVORS GUESS YOU REALLY WANT KILLERS TO CAMP!"

    There's always been camping. Always will be. Things may nudge it in slightly different directions, but if anything ever caused a vast increase in camping the devs would address it.
  • I predict a new game mode, Freddy's buff, DS & hatch balanced and trapper's addons fixed

    j/k

  • If the aura and bt changes will make it into the game from the ptb. I'm switching to insidious basement Leatherface with noed

  • Malakir said:
    malloymk said:
    Lol. Even before this chapter I could count the amount of camping Bbq hillbillies on more than one hand. A camper doesn't need an excuse to camp. It's already in their nature to camp.
    Oh, I actually never found billys camping, they were always nice when I had them against. I've seen more LF and Hags camping lately, for the last one.. It hurts see Hag camp
    Its funny when hags lay down 5 traps for camping purposes....and then proceed to stand there and facecamp anyway.

    Like did you really need all those traps if you were just gonna stand there?

    Even Leatherface would think its overkill
  • Malakir said:
    malloymk said:
    Lol. Even before this chapter I could count the amount of camping Bbq hillbillies on more than one hand. A camper doesn't need an excuse to camp. It's already in their nature to camp.
    Oh, I actually never found billys camping, they were always nice when I had them against. I've seen more LF and Hags camping lately, for the last one.. It hurts see Hag camp
    Its funny when hags lay down 5 traps for camping purposes....and then proceed to stand there and facecamp anyway.

    Like did you really need all those traps if you were just gonna stand there?

    Even Leatherface would think its overkill
    You get blood points for laying down traps 
  • Oh no, lockers are for more than holding a game hostage now! 
    Don't mind that as much as the imbalance of who is using auras. Killers are becoming even more situational for perk use while survivors are becoming far more general & versatile. 
    Example:
    BBQ- will now only catch you while in the open or hiding at a bad angle, several counters even without perks (situational but sounds fair)
    Alert- every killer action aside from attacking is highlighted for you without a range limit, 1 counter for all killers is not doing what buys you time ( always effective and value gets multiplied if even 1 swf use it to cordinate the group)

    Its fine if the Dev's give us tracking tools and counters, but they need to be tactical so a player is required to make it useful.