Is Demo still gone?
Someone at my work (a Gamer who occasionally talks games with me) has approached me because of DbD.
His son wants to play. He wanted to know if the game was played offline. I told him it’s basically online only, which already put him off. He said his son seemed to really wanna play DbD and I said, “yeah, not many games let you play such iconic characters…like Freddy, Pinhead, or Leatherface.” Then he cut me off and said, “He just wants to play as Demogorgon.”
So we had a very short convo about DbD and left the conversation for later.
It just dawned on me that Stranger Things was a lost license right? He couldn’t get Demo now even if he bought the game, yeah?
On a more humorous moment, when he approached me, he was like, “Hey, you play Dead by Daylight right?”
(Starts walking together)
”Yeah, love that game.”
”My son wants to play a Killer in that game, so I wanted to ask-“
(Stops. Turns. Grips shoulder. Intense eye contact.)
“Don’t. It’s not too late for him.”
Comments
Sadly yes, the license was lost. I'm still holding out for a possible return, but for right now it's unobtainable for new players.
I believe the console versions of the game released a physical special edition that included the Stranger Things chapter on the disc. As far as I know, that's the only legal way to get it now, so your coworker could look at tracking a copy down.
Is the license pulled? Yes
Is Demo impossible to get? Not exactly, you can get chapter keys from 3rd party sellers but I probably can't name them here.
If they're on xbox one or PS4 gamestop not too long ago still had physical copies of the version that has the Stranger Things chapter for the regular price that's like $30, think they had some copies were used that were cheaper.
That worked for me
He really is I love demopuppy. I’m trying to get him to level 50 but I’m trying to p3 my nemesis pyramid head and pinhead at the same time😂
The Nightmare Edition disc has the ST dlc, they can get one second hand online or in stores that sell used games. I got it on PS4 and BHVR are still offering PS5 vouchers up until Sept if you have it on PS4
I’ll see to telling him this.
and probably never coming back
dont get your hopes up over the petition, Netflix's life missions is to run itself into the ground so the better an idea is the less likely they are to do it.
Yes, and maybe for the best. Hawkins was awful, and demogorgon was the most overliked killer in the entire game. People are always like "oh, he's so wholesome and fun to go against", but he has unlimited map traversal with only a bit of setup and no real way to counter it as he can instantly place the portal after you cleanse it, and he just gets free hits in every window, pallet or straightway with little you can do about it. He's just as busted at zoning as pyramid and deathslinger and nemesis. Will never understand the diehard love for him, it's just loop until you get to a window and die.
And the award for the worst opinion of the week goes to Regulus47.
Please learn to play killer.
Tell me how you counter a demogorgon who is readying his pounce as you run towards a window or pallet. If you vault you get hit, if you fake it he either cancels instantly and gets a hit or just pounces and hits you anyway, the pounce is unreactable at close range and has a pretty big hitbox making it near impossible to successfully juke unless the demogorgon is very bad, and even if you make it to a pallet or something, he just breaks the pallet immediately with the pounce and keeps going. The double standards with this community, I swear. At least deathslinger and pyramid head don't break the pallet when they shoot.
You fake it and he's forced to cancel, slowing him down. Or better yetn you fake it at the last possible moment, and he lunges right past you. That's better than a stun or a dead hard.
His portals can be closed, and are only useful when active and closable, and ge can only have 7 at a time (+/-1).
Demo is by no means a strong killer. That's why you don't see him anymore.
Deathslinger and Pyramidhead can injure you, despite the pallet drop, at least Demo prioritizes the pallet. I’m sorry you have a special hatred for Demo and you seem to struggle with him more then other Killers, but ‘the community’ doesn’t feel Demo is as oppressive as you described him to be. He has counter-play. I struggle with Clown more so then other people, doesn’t mean I think he is S tier and everyone else should see him as oppressive.
Tell me how you counter-Clown who has a bottle ready to thrown when I’m running at a window. I mean he has NO-Slow Down when bottle is out and he can throw it to force me to slow vault and get an easy hit. If I try to fake it then he immediately has a new bottle (at no cost) and can slow AND disorient my screen so I can’t clearly see the next loop. The only way to survive Clown is if he is very bad and NOW they actually gave him a bottle to SPEED BOOST around the map. Even if I make it to pallet loop, he can just slow ME down but speed HIMSELF up! This community and its inability to admit on how troublesome Clown is, I swear. At least Deathslinger and Pyramidhead have to AIM their Killer Power.
((If that sounded silly to you, it’s a prime example of how silly that Demo rant sounded lol))
the shred fake is annoying yes but that's about it he's balanced and you need to learn how to play against him better.
actually you don't need to since you'll be seeing him once in a blue moon :(