If Dead Hard is dead, what changes?
Howdy!
As many of y'all know, Dead Hard is going to be seeing some manner of revision. I figured I'd share what impact a Dead Hard-less Fog might look like:
* Sharp rise in Sprint Burst & Overcome
Sprint Burst is the true "old faithful" of exhaustion perks and many seasoned in getting good value out of it will likely return to using it as a 1:1 replacement for Dead Hard. However, Overcome has come out since Dead Hard's undisputed rise, and may be a very popular alternative to Sprint Burst for survivors who do not like the technical aspect of managing Sprint Burst's cooldown.
* Moderate rise in Quick & Quiet + Head On
While this combo certainly sees some use, the two work so well together that Dead Hard having a reduced presence will make plenty of players scoot back towards using not just one, but both perks together again.
* Happier M1 Killers, but Trapper especially
Dead Hard's power and presence is single-handedly pushing M1 killers down on the overall tier list, but Dead Hard's unique ability to cross over Trapper's traps will be a massive gamechanger for Trapper players who are going for a more zoning, defensive playstyle.
* Less happy Artists, Dredges, Freddy's, and Sadako's
If sprint burst becomes more popular, anti-loop & teleportation killers who are more vulnerable to "Hold W to win" counterplay will especially suffer.
What other impacts on the meta do you think we'll see?
Comments
fewer counters against killers like nurse and blight. maybe the devs will actually have to tune their addons? like, i'm sorry, but some of nurse and blight's stuff is bs
I'm not sure what will happen, but I'm kind of scared for dbd once it happens. I fear a lot that rely on it will quit, and a lot of people use it.
And if it's not that dramatic, I think overcome will 100% become the next exhaustion perk. But at that, if that gets viewed in the same way dead hard does, it'll just get nerfed and it'll be a repeating cycle. You really can't please everyone.
I said so, and I have nailed it.
1- BT base kit now. Plus mini free sprint burst. AND... that gives Survivors a free slot.
2- They increased 10s the gen time, like if that was meaningful looking at the broad picture... maybe fix ruberbanding or make it so that Survivors don´t make you waste time when they fall near a windows. So you pick and don´t vault instead accidentally.
Meanshile Corrupt Intervention nerfed to the ground, the only use of that perk now is for The Trapper, that´s the only Killer that can use that time on something meaningful such as placing traps.
So preventing survivors from being tunneled out of the game at lightspeed is oppressing killers? Got it. Also the speed and endurance that are provided are pitiful and are easily bypassed by any killer with a ranged attack or good mobility.
Corrupt is still good and it does its job. Maybe it should deactivate upon getting a hook instead of just a down, otherwise it still is valuable.
You can avoid vaulting the window if you look away from it. Then you can pick up.
I know it’s annoying but they confirmed they’re looking into fixing rubberbanding.
PLEASE don’t form opinions about the changed gen speeds until you’ve actually played.
Overall this patch was fair for both sides, unless you play solo q.
"Corrupt is still good and it does its job. "
What job? defer the start of the game 120s? If you cannot Kill with it, what´s the point.
"PLEASE don’t form opinions about the changed gen speeds until you’ve actually played."
I absolutely like that they have increased that, I have suggested that long time ago, but 10s is literally irrelevant. 20-30 would start to change the meta.
I vote for learning new builds instead of that, be glad it's going