Corrective Action rework idea
So I think Corrective Action should be reworked because it's an extremely bad perk
I have an idea that would make it better.
Corrective Action.
You quickly analyse problems and correct others' work when they make a mistake
You start the trial with a maximum of 6/8/10 tokens.
Whenever another survivor compleats a good skill check a token is consumed and the good skill check becomes a great skill check.
Whenever another survivor fails a skillcheck a token is consumed and that skillcheck becomes a good skillcheck
When you successfully hit a great skillchecks you gain 1 token.
Corrective action only applies to normal skillchecks
I think this would honestly make the perk great since it helps support the team better then it is currently, it's reliant on rng making it balanced, and it removes the cooperation requirement which imo was holding it back.
What do you think about this change. Would it be too strong or what?
Comments
If this perks is like a global effect (aka you don't have to work with that Survivor together in order to this perk work, so anyone at anytime could fail with no punishmenet), then I don't like this. This would make gens even bit faster GLOBALY and 0 punishement for fail skilchecks for ANYONE at all time because 10+ tokens is super generous. Don't like this.
If this perks only works if you work with someone, then it would be nice small buff but that perk it would still be bad.
I don't think so. I think 10 is fine since it's also works with healing and not just generators meaning your probably going to go through tokens very quickly. Plus it's reliance on rng makes it a bit balanced since survivors have no control over it.
Making it work on cooperation just holds back the perk too much since your rarely with someone else when doing gens or healing.
10 great skillchecks are the equivalent of 8 seconds, which is negligible for a perk, gens wouldnt fly unless you manage to score great after great to replenish them which can be done but not everyone manages that, there is a reason why nobody uses Stake Out or Fast Track even when they are very similar to what OP proposed.
That being said I believe the great skillcheck part shouldnt be added, this perk should stay as training wheels for newbies when they play with a friend, the global proposed change is a good idea and maybe a few more tokens.
But corrective action it's locked behind a pay wall plus there is technician which Is free for new players to use.
Depends on the platform Feng isnt base on PC and you have to unlocker her for Technician, its a problem with this game the fact that every newbie friendly perk except Deja Vu is DLC locked.
Hmmm, I think there are elements of this that can be used to buff the perk, but it's the type of situation where you have to choose between the two options. Either make it global and have it not turn good skill checks to great skill checks or Keep it with cooperative actions only and have goods turn to greats.
The problem I see with having both of these changes is that this perk synergies really well with stake out. You pretty much can get a guaranteed infinite amount of tokens where everyone on the map is both protected from failing a skill check and guaranteed the bonus for hitting a good skill check. Although this isn't a significant bonus, for healing, hitting the great on the skill check can actually add up to a lot of time saved and pressure on the killer.
You also have a weird situation going on when multiple people are running it in a lobby.
I want corrective action to work when someone else is healing you. I've had times where the person healing me misses the skill check and I wish that corrective action would work in that scenario.
It's a training wheels perk for your newbie friends, so I don't really see a need to buff it if the only purpose of this perk is that. It's a better version of technician really.
But we already have a newbie perk with technician. Why do we need more? And it doesn't take that long to learn skillchecks anyway (I'm assuming)
You see... the problem with having your newbie friend run technician is that they probably don't have it since it is a feng teachable. So, you just have your friend blowing the gen every other skill check because they were scratching their nose or drinking water.
Even if they have technician, that perk is so punishing that seeing your friend miss the skill check and seeing all that progress leave the gen is just too much to handle sometimes. They're accidentally griefing you without meaning to.
Corrective action is just a better version of bring a friend because you ensure that they don't mess it all up when you're directly cooperating with them. Did we need this perk? No. Would I be opposed to them changing it? No. I just prefer running this instead of having someone run technician.
My one friend will play like once every few months... so yeah.
I think it should apply to every generator and every person working on a gen, not just the person working on it with you.