ONE mistake cost the whole game . . .

Often times, games are lost because of many wrong choices made throughout the game (this goes for Killer and Survivor). But have you ever played a game where ONE choice, ONE action, ONE second cost the whole game? I have. Last night was one of them.

Comments

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000224#Comment_3000224

    Yeah, this feeling really hits home. I play soloq survivor mostly and I can tell when I have good teammates, but when I witness the smallest mistake (a mistake that I totally understand happening) cost the game it just feels bad, and not even in a rage/angry way. It literally just feels like watching a balloon deflate and fly around the room.

    The other night I was playing a game against a trapper and I witnessed him set up a trap at the exit gate, so I was going to disarm it and open the gate when he was occupied in chase, but nope. I got vacuumed into the trap because instead of holding m1 to disarm, i hit m1 to open gate... I died because of that. Just a moment where it's like, feels bad man.

    It happens to me as killer sometimes too, auto aim focusses on the hooked survivor instead of the unhooker or i get grabbed cancelled with neither the grab nor the hit. Literally have had this happen where they finished the gen because of that or got the unhook and escape. Big sad.

    Ok, that would explain why everytime I put a trap at the gate switch survivors might get hooked by it, I'm always thinking "how did you not see that?" Lol

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000243#Comment_3000243

    I had one of those times where I would drop a pallet and apparently it registered I was on the side of the killer, so the killer probably saw a survivor just sit at a pallet as he was coming towards it and got downed

    Where as I SAW prime positioning for a head smash, lol

    Lol getting vacuumed to the other side is always a ######### moment for me.


    The pallet was between two boulders. The Survivor was crouched behind the first one. The Killer was walking past the pallet (so parallel to the boulders and pallet). The Survivor panicked and popped up to throw the pallet, but the Killer was already past the pallet and almost past the second boulder (even if the Killer had been in front of the pallet, they wouldn't have gotten stunned. Too far away).

    The Killer stopped, turned around, and well . . . it didn't end well. Three people were alive, with the last gen at 98%. We all died. And that's my sad story.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000244#Comment_3000244

    Ok, that would explain why everytime I put a trap at the gate switch survivors might get hooked by it, I'm always thinking "how did you not see that?" Lol

    Oh yeah, the vacuum into a Trapper trap has gotten me a few times, too lol

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002130#Comment_3002130

    Lol getting vacuumed to the other side is always a ######### moment for me.

    The pallet was between two boulders. The Survivor was crouched behind the first one. The Killer was walking past the pallet (so parallel to the boulders and pallet). The Survivor panicked and popped up to throw the pallet, but the Killer was already past the pallet and almost past the second boulder (even if the Killer had been in front of the pallet, they wouldn't have gotten stunned. Too far away).

    The Killer stopped, turned around, and well . . . it didn't end well. Three people were alive, with the last gen at 98%. We all died. And that's my sad story.

    Ha, I finally extracted it out of you, all it took was the trauma of pallet RNG, lol

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002175#Comment_3002175

    Ha, I finally extracted it out of you, all it took was the trauma of pallet RNG, lol

    Haha yeah thanks, therapist!

    More happened, but I'm not healed enough to unpack the trauma yet.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002184#Comment_3002184

    Haha yeah thanks, therapist!

    More happened, but I'm not healed enough to unpack the trauma yet.

    Dang it... one day, lol

  • Letting a Survivor to use a Busted Perk called Dead Hard just to get a palett they shouldnt get ans make me Waste to much Time

  • Ye sadly dbd is often a really one sided game. Stomp or get stomped. 1 second could decide everything. It can have benefits but it can also be very annoying.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Often times, games are lost because of many wrong choices made throughout the game (this goes for Killer and Survivor). But have you ever played a game where ONE choice, ONE action, ONE second cost the whole game? I have. Last night was one of them.

    Had a game where I was Dredge and I hooked a survivor while the other 3 were around. The Cheryl misstimed her flashback while I was walking to the hook and ended up helping me proc nightfall and my bloodwarden. I proceeded to kill the other 2 while the Cheryl Dc'd out of what I can only assume was embarrassment. Was the highlight of my time with Dredge

  • @FixTheArtist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328283/one-mistake-cost-the-whole-game

    Had a game where I was Dredge and I hooked a survivor while the other 3 were around. The Cheryl misstimed her flashback while I was walking to the hook and ended up helping me proc nightfall and my bloodwarden. I proceeded to kill the other 2 while the Cheryl Dc'd out of what I can only assume was embarrassment. Was the highlight of my time with Dredge

    Awwww my tender heart bleeds for Cheryl lmao

  • @lauraa said:

    Sometimes as killer, the best I can hope for is to spot that single mistake

    and not be guilty of making that single mistake


    We've all seen it and done it lol

1 2 ›