Perpetual Runner - A Brand New Exhaustion Perk Concept
The Perk Description
The infinite trials in the fog have taught you to always give the run more than what your body is capable of.
Perpetual Runner permanently afflicts you with the Exhausted status effect.
Your vaulting speed is increased by 3/4/5%.
You gain a permanent haste bonus of 0/1/2%.
Your falling stagger is reduced by 5%.
If you are afflicted with an Exhausted status effect by any other means besides Perpetual Runner,this perk deactivates until said effect is removed.
Reasoning behind the perk
I think this could be a potentially very fun perk for experienced runners who dont want to W across tiles with a giant speed boost and instead try to do their best at the weaker tiles. Of course it does not work with any other exhaustion perk and still gives exhaustion addons a use. (This perhaps could be removed)
It's haste should not stack!
While others may be a little weary of this perk's Haste effect,I personally am not. We've already seen that Dark Theory practically does not change anything so 2% is really just,nice to have. On the matter of stacking it with Hope - I think if you account for the survivor not running any stronger exhaustion perk,like Dead Hard or Sprint Burst together with it,it's pretty tolerable and not that big of a deal.
But what about stacking it with Dark Theory & Spine Chill/Resilience at something like Shack?
Yes,it will probably be quite powerful in that scenario. However,any half-experienced killer should notice that
A) The survivor does not have any other exhaustion perk.
B) They're vaulting very,very fast.
C) There's a boon in the area.
That is a dead giveaway to either kick the boon and/or not chase that survivor in that area. Plus a lot of killers will have counterplay to that with their anti-loop.
In conclusion,we get a very fun,new type of exhaustion perk that is not as rage-inducing as DH and is not as boring W holding as Overcome,while not being as useless as Not Much Smash A Lot Of Hit (On You).
Comments
When I read the words "Perpetual Runner", my brain immediately thinks Parkour, because I rarely see them stop to catch their breath.
The way this is worded, it won't stack with any exhaustion perks(which is good) and it shouldn't stack with Hope, since the amount would actually be OP(Example: Iron grasp/Agi/Mad grit can be out run with just Hope alone)
Increase the stagger reduction(but not the sound like BL) to at least 25%.
As a killer, you would just have to play around the extra vault speed and maybe if they have a Dark Theory boon, but since their Exhausted there's no reason to run any other Exhaustion Perks.
I like this idea!
I'd be wary of the flat movement speed buff unless it explicitly can't stack with other buffs of the same type, but in general I like the idea of being permanently Exhausted in exchange for buffs.
I think it stacking with some Hope is fine to be perfectly honest. It's going to be,let's see 109% with Hope? Really not that huge of a change,especially if they can't SB/DH away. This could be really interesting together with Dark Theory/Vault Build to create some kind of really godlike setup perhaps,but I think it would be very obvious that this is what you doing to any half-way-experienced killer.
(The fact that you can outrun agitation is fine in my opinion,it's not intended to backpack,as much as I would love it to)
As for the stagger reduction,I would be very careful about increasing it. I want it to be as a slight QoL thing,not something that can make certain setups like Haddonfun/Dead Dawg hellish for killers.
The evil version of this perk - Remove the Haste bonus but make you be able to vault a window 4 times instead of 3 before it gets entity blocked.
Updated the original post with a more detailed version of the perk + changed a few things.
I think it's neat, though I also think it'd be a nightmare for killers trying to identify the difference between someone utilizing subtle speed hacks and someone using this perk. Maybe it'd need a deactivation condition like not working while injured, or at least being thrown onto a cooldown while injured?
I suggest this because I don't think the current programming of status effects would be intelligent enough to recognize "double exhaustion" and deactivate the perk along those lines.
I'm sure they could manage it.
Its a huge oversight that Killer's havent been given a perk that increases their movement speed with a Balanced Landing moniker.
I don't think there's a huge issue with the movement bonus stacking, the only other perks that you can potentially stack it with are dark theory and hope.
both of which are bad perks and even if this one perk combo makes htem slightly more useable it still wouldn't be as strong at ol reliable ds bt dh with 1 more meta perk of your choice.
I think Hope is very decent. Only change it needs is either "pause on hook/when you're downed" or extend the duration.
Im pretty confident in saying that short of a total rework to one perk or hte other, hope will always just be a weaker pick than adrenaline
In a lot of situations,yes. Not in all. I really enjoy Hope for endgame looping.
Way too high % totals for doing three things.
more like 2% vault, 2% stagger, 1% move speed.