The did you have fun selection at end screen.

When I play killer and I get into a game that forces me into having to camp and play like an ahole I hit the 1 on the did you have fun option. It's not fun having to play like that.

I had a game on grim pantry using Myers. Multiple dead hards, rubber banding all over the place. 3 gens done on my first hook which happened to be in the basement. I had my tier 3 99%, so proxy camp is the obviously smart move but its just not fun and its not fun for the survivors. Unless I wanna get 4 outed and just throw the game then why leave??? This game ended up in a 4k as the altruism came and resulted in everyone dying of course.

I know it's a sensitive topic for some reason but the gen speeds in this game can be absolutley comical and in my opinion causes a lot of the camping. I wonder if bhvr actually looks at the did you have fun thing or if its just there for laughs. Players should not be winning and not having fun, I've had a hard time getting into the game the last 2 weeks or so because I'd say over half the games playing both sides are just not fun. The game really makes you have to do scum tactics to win a lot. I dont enjoy losing so i do it. My hope is with the overhaul thing they are doing the base game changes have something and I mean anything even miniscule at this point to help with gen speed for killer side.

Comments

  • I kinda rate my games with this.

    But i wonder if this does anything...

  • the devs stated a while ago that this feature doesn’t directly do anything. But they can track it and look at statistics with it to see trends etc.

  • Good on you for leaving the feedback, but I can't imagine that option does anything. Even if it does record it, how are they supposed to parse it into quantifiable feedback? Correlation to the killer, perks, map, and number of kills/escapes, sure, but without match recordings, you can't tell whether the killer was camping/tunneling, or if someone abused a bug, or if someone was cheating, or if people were BMing, or if it was a bully game, or if someone was being singled out maliciously, or if teammates were being stupid, or if someone suicided on hook, or if you had to play in a way you don't enjoy playing in order to win... there's just way too many variables that aren't taken into account for "did you enjoy this match" to mean anything. And when the recorded information does mean something that anyone reading it can parse, it's kind of self-evident. If a survivor reports not enjoying a match where the killer is Starstruck/IF/PR double recharge Nurse and everyone has less than 6000 points - no ######### that wasn't fun. If a killer reports not enjoying a match where they got less than 12000 points and everyone escaped with stacked meta perks or sabo builds... duh.

    Like, there's interesting data behind every time a killer 3-4ks and says the match wasn't fun, or if survivors escape and say the same, but that data isn't ever saved, so short of a match questionnaire you could fill out, I don't really see the point.

  • Its just a data gathering mechanism, obviusly if only one person uses it they wont get much out of it but if everyone uses it in an honest way it may show problems within the game.

    Lets say Killers give 1000 "I didnt have fun" votes and 950 are casted after playing RPD, they will see there is a problem with the map, same for Survivors, if out of 1000 votes 950 were casted when heavy facecamping it lets them know there is a problem with that aspect of the game, it just shows them frustrating stuff but it doesnt force them to actually act on it.


    @Laluzi said:

    Good on you for leaving the feedback, but I can't imagine that option does anything. Even if it does record it, how are they supposed to parse it into quantifiable feedback? Correlation to the killer, perks, map, and number of kills/escapes, sure, but without match recordings, you can't tell whether the killer was camping/tunneling, or if someone abused a bug, or if someone was cheating, or if people were BMing, or if it was a bully game, or if someone was being singled out maliciously, or if teammates were being stupid, or if someone suicided on hook, or if you had to play in a way you don't enjoy playing in order to win... there's just way too many variables that aren't taken into account for "did you enjoy this match" to mean anything. And when the recorded information does mean something that anyone reading it can parse, it's kind of self-evident. If a survivor reports not enjoying a match where the killer is Starstruck/IF/PR double recharge Nurse and everyone has less than 6000 points - no ######### that wasn't fun. If a killer reports not enjoying a match where they got less than 12000 points and everyone escaped with stacked meta perks or sabo builds... duh.

    Like, there's interesting data behind every time a killer 3-4ks and says the match wasn't fun, or if survivors escape and say the same, but that data isn't ever saved, so short of a match questionnaire you could fill out, I don't really see the point.

    My guess is the data colection tool has options to check/uncheck parameters like "map", "number of hooks", "swf", "Killer" etc so they can check in raw numbers certain conditions for certain votes, in the end patterns appear and most "unfun" votes will be paired with certain maps, perks, Killers etc. I dont expect them to get very concise data but broad general data is useful too, especially when in bulk because its were patterns tend to show, as I said, if half of the "unfun" votes are paired with the RPD map its easy to notice a pattern where people are not enjoying it and they should look at it.

  • Doesn't do anything as far as I'm aware. My question is do you only play Myers as a main? Myers has no real anti-loop and he lacks severely in map pressure. Killers like Sadako, Freddie, Billy, Blight have decent map pressure from quick movement speed/teleportation and killers like Legion, Nurse, Pyramid Head have strong anti-loop which can end chases quickly. I'd say consider trying a few different killers and see if you get decent results. I agree, the gen speeds are way to quick right now, and it is even more efficient for 3 people to work on separate gens than on the same one because of how quick they are and how you can produce pressure. Until that changes, you either need meta perks for gen slowdown or you need a killer to has a fighting chance

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Doesn't do anything as far as I'm aware. My question is do you only play Myers as a main? Myers has no real anti-loop and he lacks severely in map pressure. Killers like Sadako, Freddie, Billy, Blight have decent map pressure from quick movement speed/teleportation and killers like Legion, Nurse, Pyramid Head have strong anti-loop which can end chases quickly. I'd say consider trying a few different killers and see if you get decent results. I agree, the gen speeds are way to quick right now, and it is even more efficient for 3 people to work on separate gens than on the same one because of how quick they are and how you can produce pressure. Until that changes, you either need meta perks for gen slowdown or you need a killer to has a fighting chance

    Myers is my main but I play all the killers. Some more, some less but I play them all.