Why are the devs so bad at playing their own game?
Im being legit here and am genuinely curious. If you saw today’s “play with the devs” stream, you probably would agree that they play like rank 20s. I mean the killer was missing so much of his hits, it was honestly hard NOT to laugh. Many bonehead plays by the survivors like saboing right next to the killer or vaulting when they’re right behind you; resulting in just getting grabbed and hooked. So much cringeworthy plays on both sides...
Now I understand the devs work on the game and keep busy with that, so I don’t expect them to be god like or even that good. But come on, how can you be so bad? Doesn’t this all make you think that maybe this is the reason they seem to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back when it comes to balance, etc? They are just so unaware of how their game is played on a competitive level which results in some poor decisions for the game?
Now I understand the devs work on the game and keep busy with that, so I don’t expect them to be god like or even that good. But come on, how can you be so bad? Doesn’t this all make you think that maybe this is the reason they seem to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back when it comes to balance, etc? They are just so unaware of how their game is played on a competitive level which results in some poor decisions for the game?
Comments
I mean you should keep in mind they are playing to showcase stuff and are most likely not playing that serious. Stop looking into it that hard.
I agree.
They showed why they balanced the game like this. Based on their own skill.
the problem with the balancing is a different one:
killers are, right now, very strong in lower ranks, but they immensely lacking power in high ranks. it is hard to buff them, without completely breaking the low ranks, which would scare away new players from the game.
we are currently in a pretty bad situation, as the devs need to buff killers in higher ranks, but also keep an eye on the lower ranks.
honestly, just do it like me and main billy in the red ranks. with enough practise, you will (chain)saw through pretty much everyone. or go and learn nurse, in order to stand a chance against even the strongest SWF groups. she does take longer to learn though...
Players play the game for fun, so they have no problem getting good at them. Meanwhile, imagine if you had to code and test stuff out and play your own game, you would get burned out quickly. Not to mention, players have the free time. Devs may or may not have it.
Devs do have an idea of balance and such, but do remember how for the Hag rework they consulted the changes with experienced Hag players.
All devs of all games are worse at playing the games they made than the players.
Like the vast majority of devs. People who make games are rarely good at playing them.
Remember when Ono won that SFV tourney, or when Harada won that T7 tourney?
Weird that they're garbage at the games they've been spearheading for almost two decades.
Weird :O
The balance isn't between survivors and killers, it's between top tier killers and lower tier killers.
People want to use characters they like or are familiar with, Freddy, Leatherface etc but using these at high ranks will just give you a headache.
I too enjoyed Clown but yeah his lack of map pressure made me look elsewhere in the end as red ranks became frustrating sometimes when you play so well but still get gen rushed. Plodding along a huge map and downing survivors one at a time just isn't enough.
Then you switch to Hillbilly and you feel godlike. Instadown 1 survivor, zoom across the map in seconds and instadown another. The game starts to feel like easy mode, and in a way less fun. I do question why I bother using lower tier killers though when it's so easy with Billy.
The top few killers are good for red ranks, maybe a few more are adequate, but a lot of the bottom half just feel underpowered at times.
it makes me think that killers in the higher ranks should get an extra perk or something to try and balance them out.
(would also actually give some incentive to staying in top rank instead of depipping to destroy noobs)
LOL says the guy on Xbox that does nothing but tunnel and camp because they can't catch anyone. I've played you before dude, you're not as good as you think. Maybe you shouldn't be commenting on atrocious gameplay.
Unless I have you mixed up with someone else I've never played your Nurse.