Unpopular opinion: The Legion's power doesn't involve the 4 people of the Legion at all which is a h
Let's discuss this from from reddit here:
I was so hyped to be able to switch characters/masks/personas in the game and become a different guy of the legion with a slightly different power and advantages (one legion/persona for faster chase, one with lower terror radius, etc)
But then I found out you can only control one person, they all just have this sprint attack and the Legion are actually just different skins for the sake of the cash shop that look like death garden's runners.
The community was so hyped for a "persona changing" killer and it would have been sooo cool but behaviour missed a big opportunity and potential there.
What do you think?
Comments
TBH it'd be over-complicated and underpowered.
Almost like what we have now.
I doesn't shock me that the creativity is lacking.
My idea for the Spirit was, introduce a survivor with everyone's perks, shared perks, you could have used her for month.
Then she dies a horrible death, the Entity came for her, made her the vengeful Spirit she is now.
But hey....
Yup pretty true, it would have been awesome if we could switch between all of them and they actually had their own power and abilities. For example, Frank could be the normal legion and Julie could be more of a stealthy killer. Missed opportunity, but I guess it would take a while to make a killer and having to make 4 killers in a short amount of time would probably take much longer.
You think?
How about an ability like this: Tap M2 to change persona. You can only change personas in a specific order (frank -> susie -> julie -> joey). The new persona will last for ~5 seconds (more wtih addons).
Frank could be faster in a chase. Susie could inflict deep wounds. Julie could be very nice at tracking and finding survivors. Joey could be all about stealth attacks with a low terror radius.
So much ways of making this work.
I'm more concerned because you won't necessarily be able to choose what you need when you need it. It's cute on paper, but I'd imagine getting annoyed if I accidentally cycled past the power I wanted or if the power was the 4th in line when I am at the 1st.
It'd be one thing if it were like an MMO where you could bind multiple skills into different keys or buttons, but DBD doesn't appear to support that kind of format.
Right now there's no need for Legion to be 4 different people. Could have easily just been 1 and nothing would have changed.
Or made 4 killers, each killer has 2 perks you can chose from. And you can cycle through the killers.
After exit gates are revealed, you can no longer cycle through killers.
It would have a cooldown anyway. I really think it could work but it requires strategy.
I like the gimmick, actually. Unlike the complex and far-out killers we've gotten lately, the Legion is more normal and down-to-earth. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. To make up for the less grandiose concept, there's at least more customization than any of the other killers so far. It's a bit unfair to call the skins a mere cash grab when A. We don't know that Joey/Suzie will only be available from the shop, B. If they are, that's no worse than selling any other outfits for killers, C. The different personas would actually offer a bit more than other outfits because at least they'll probably have unique voices.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the killer's design. Four different killers on the map at the same time is a much better concept in theory than practice, four completely different killer abilities would be a waste of four concepts.
At the very least they should have incorporated all 4 into the mori.
I said it before and I say it again:
My guess, they already worked on Ghostface as a DBD killer, but they did not get the Licence.
But to safe all the work they done for it, they just rebranded the thing and called it "Legion".
scream
I hoped being able to switch between the 4 masks, each mask giving a specific buff, like...
For consoles, the D-pad would do for switching, but i'm not sure what the best idea would be to switch masks for PC.
funny the moment i saw it i told my friend who plays dbd it literally looks like a runner from the other game. seems another killer whos power goes against him even if your supposed to chain too other survivors etc. the rap they pulled with borrowed time not going down in a chase. yeah just pander more to survivors. i barely play these days i just read the new stuff they implement just when i think oh they couldnt make a mess of it any more or make it more easier for survivor they do lol
If they did it your way, everyone would choose the faster person, to counter loops. I rather like switch between the two, and i'm certain that they will be releasing other members of the legion as cosmetics. (probably have the same voice as their other male/ female counterpart) And I'm looking forward to that.
I look forward to buying this DLC, just as soon as they adjust the legion to be useful in the ranks I play in most season.
This is what I wrote in another thread:
"With a name like "Legion," I kinda wish they had a semi-decent AI, so that in addition to your character with its current speed and terror radius, 2 (or 3) more Legions with their own TR are patrolling the generators around the map. They would probably be weaker than the actual killer player, with only having ~105% speed that slows down more as survivors die, and if they are able to "find" them and get close enough, are only able to injure and stun the survivors for 4-5 seconds (and notify the actual killer player where they are) but not down them. The killer's power could be something like "Raid" where the killer in chase can summon the other Legions to come surround the target, and help out (by injuring or stunning), cutting off loops and windows.
That's just an idea off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are plenty of problems and loopholes in it besides the whole AI issue, but I would think it would have been more interesting than just playing 1 out the 4 Legions and just having a "speed boost" power. Or at least different enough from the other killers.
I do think it's cool that this new killer can jump over pallets, but that's about it. I don't mind the artistic direction they took the killer in, since I understand what sort of horror genre they were inspired from. Wish it just had a little more "woah!" factor from a novelty perspective."
In addition, I think part of the problem is that the expectation that a name like "Legion" sets off. Legion means, "great in number" or "multitude of people or things." But when playing as Legion (or watching someone play as Legion), there's absolutely nothing in the gameplay or his/her appearance that indicates the meaning of the word. You are just one person who can move quickly sometimes. The only way the players would know that the character they are playing is part of the Legion is if they had read their story that is spelled out for you. We as players have to be told that we are playing as Legion - we don't experience it.
That killer gets 2 dolls he can place down (or throw) , which will reveal the aura of every survivor these dolls can see. Additionally he can swap positions with his dolls. (There are seperate cooldowns per doll and he cant swap with dolls that are being disarmed).
Additionally he has a rage gauge with which he can make the dolls follow and attack survivors until he swaps positions again.
I guess this would be pretty much how people imagined "the legion" to be.
Just swapping masks seems odd i guess.
That would be dope!