I for one, I give +1 to the new Killer

The Dredge brings interesting mechanics to the overall gameplay as it is - without being overwhelming when playing as Survivor. And gets the right atmosphere.

... At least until they nerf it to the ground. Usually happens with new Killers and then - after a nerf - it´s just another toy for Survivors, unfun M1 avg. Plus all the hacks Survis might already use against nightfall, maybe even lower graphics works I haven´t tried.

So yeah, I hope for once they leave the Killer balanced as it is. We don´t need another Spirit (Nerfspirit), Hillbilly or TrappeD.

Comments

  • I definitely agree, he is awesome.

    I would love to know which killer has been nerfed into the ground though, in the past. BHVR has been pretty good with their careful nerfs to killers, so I personally am not worried.

    i do think his Nightfall should be toned down a bit, the range at which you can see should be increased just slightly.

  • In my opinion, he's okay. Just meh. Nothing particularly interesting, but nothing bad or super bland.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I definitely agree, he is awesome.

    I would love to know which killer has been nerfed into the ground though, in the past. BHVR has been pretty good with their careful nerfs to killers, so I personally am not worried.

    i do think his Nightfall should be toned down a bit, the range at which you can see should be increased just slightly.

    They had a habit of listening to complaints too early when people said the killer was OP on release, rather than waiting for people to take time to learn to strategize against it, so the killers would get nerfed, then the strategies would develop, and they would be stuck underperforming. They have gotten better about it though.

  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987864#Comment_2987864

    They had a habit of listening to complaints too early when people said the killer was OP on release, rather than waiting for people to take time to learn to strategize against it, so the killers would get nerfed, then the strategies would develop, and they would be stuck underperforming. They have gotten better about it though.

    Ok yeah the infamous Freddy is probably the best example here. Fair enough, that was pretty bad, but I didn't experience that because I didn't play DBD at that time yet.

    I think the only example of a killer being overnerfed in the past few years was Hillbilly, and I for one don't think it was as bad as some people said it was. Honestly, I would probably still play Dredge a lot if he got that same treatement.

    But I am positive he won't. I think the most likely nerf he could get, besides toning down the darkness of Nightfall and nerfing his tunneling potential a bit more, is a small nerf to his teleportation back to remnant, making it take a bit longer, which would give survivors a bit more counterplay at loops. Because that's the most common complaint I have seen besides the Nightfall effect being too much. Of course it's too early to tell if he would need that nerf yet. But I surely wouldn't mind it.


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987909#Comment_2987909

    Ok yeah the infamous Freddy is probably the best example here. Fair enough, that was pretty bad, but I didn't experience that because I didn't play DBD at that time yet.

    I think the only example of a killer being overnerfed in the past few years was Hillbilly, and I for one don't think it was as bad as some people said it was. Honestly, I would probably still play Dredge a lot if he got that same treatement.

    But I am positive he won't. I think the most likely nerf he could get, besides toning down the darkness of Nightfall and nerfing his tunneling potential a bit more, is a small nerf to his teleportation back to remnant, making it take a bit longer, which would give survivors a bit more counterplay at loops. Because that's the most common complaint I have seen besides the Nightfall effect being too much. Of course it's too early to tell if he would need that nerf yet. But I surely wouldn't mind it.

    Deathslinger and Spirit too. Peoples' complaints were literally "The guy aims his gun and shoots, and most of the time, if he aimed right, he hit. No counterplay." (Despite things like weaving, cover, and lead time)

    "Great, let's give him a 32m terror radius and no gun control."


    Spirit had problems, but they didn't get rid of those, and instead nerfed things that were perfectly fine. By making it so that Iron Will overrides Stridor and making it so that Spirit is directional, they actually created a situation where the survivors could hear where Spirit was but Spirit could not hear where they were. But they left in the stand still 'mind game' which has absolutely no tell or counterplay. This was probably their most offensive nerf because they said it 'raised the skill required to play as and play against Spirit'. However, this was objectively not true; they reduced the skill required to play against Spirit massively, and made it so your skill did not matter by adding a feature that no amount of skill can overcome; if the survivors can hear your direction, even if you try to fake it, they can hear you go back. A lot of loops Spirit could play became unplayable. You can actually see clips of high MMR streamers who, after the change, could follow Spirit's exact location. At that point, her power is just go fast but with the disadvantage that she cannot see. Even worse, the changes they made only really impacted the highest MMR where the players already knew you could mess with Spirits with mind games and jukes. Lower MMR players wouldn't be able to pick up her exact location as well, so this only helped destroy her at the top level while leaving her just as problematic at the lower level. The very definition of skill capping.

    Like, it was a bad nerf, AND they were very, very insulting in how they phrased it if you go back and look at that actual update.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987909#Comment_2987909

    Ok yeah the infamous Freddy is probably the best example here. Fair enough, that was pretty bad, but I didn't experience that because I didn't play DBD at that time yet.

    I think the only example of a killer being overnerfed in the past few years was Hillbilly, and I for one don't think it was as bad as some people said it was. Honestly, I would probably still play Dredge a lot if he got that same treatement.

    But I am positive he won't. I think the most likely nerf he could get, besides toning down the darkness of Nightfall and nerfing his tunneling potential a bit more, is a small nerf to his teleportation back to remnant, making it take a bit longer, which would give survivors a bit more counterplay at loops. Because that's the most common complaint I have seen besides the Nightfall effect being too much. Of course it's too early to tell if he would need that nerf yet. But I surely wouldn't mind it.

    But what is the point of allowing Survis to always be able to loop each killer like if they were toys?

    They still can btw, it ain't THAT simple to get kills with Dredge or any other Killer. And there are a ton of second chance perks.

    As per the nightfall, if they allow to see more then they may as well remove it entirely. It does not trigger constantly and survivors are allowed to play in voice communications, instead give them some sort of lantern that allows them to see more if they give up on their traditional weapons.

    Maybe a boon than lights the area instead of the brutal thing they did to killer mains allowing booms as they are.