The new main screen is fugly

It looks like it was designed by an accountant with zero consideration as to how it looks

Comments

  • I was surprised by how much I like it, actually. Thought it'd feel like vertically stacked survivor portraits but it is much better.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    I was surprised by how much I like it, actually. Thought it'd feel like vertically stacked survivor portraits but it is much better.

    wow , im honestly surprised somebody likes it, i know new ui changes on anything can offend the eye in the first instance but you soon get used to it. On a practical level its fine maybe even better however on an aesthetic level it just seems its not even been thought about and this is the first thing every player sees when they log on to DBD

  • it's about the same main menu as most other games. i like it and made this discussion in which I said that I like it. Got lots of upvotes.

    One thing I want is a change in the order.

  • I preferred the old, but hey ho, trends are trends.

  • I like the new main menu way more than the old one. So much more organized imo and I like being able to see the characters and the campfire setting in the main menu more clearly. The new UI is more well-structured while still keeping the aesthetic of the background.

  • @Babalonkie said:

    I preferred the old, but hey ho, trends are trends.

    It's not really all about trends. They highlighted better language support as one of the main reasons to switch. It also allows them to add more UI elements to it neatly,like the matchmaking incentive,rift stuff,etc.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987214#Comment_2987214

    It's not really all about trends. They highlighted better language support as one of the main reasons to switch. It also allows them to add more UI elements to it neatly,like the matchmaking incentive,rift stuff,etc.

    I know why they changed it, they said in the anniversary stream... "Not enough room"... and the that is not the "trend" i am referring to.


    The old menu looked tidy... the new menu looks more like a unsymmetrical page from a book.