How are cheaters able to get away witth so much??

There's seriously no in-game mechanic that detects insane move speed, even while slugged?

A survivor hanging from an invisible hook, and the game registers that as normal??

How is this obnoxious [bad word] still happening?

Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io

It was the Cheryl-- I mean the Cybil Bennet with the Ebony Memento Mori and no perks equipped who was cheating. Glad the other survivors went along with it and had a blast.

Uninstalled, btw.

Comments

  • Because an anti-cheat system that wouldn't be an absolute embarrassment in the 2000s cost money. BHVR would rather force their player base to deal with it and police their game. Then they don't have to spend money on it, player experience be damned.

  • Easy anti-cheat.

    that's it, that's the joke

  • Cause the anti cheat is... Well... Bad.

  • Id like a decent anticheat but I also don't want a repeat of denuvo when doom eternal came out. When I heard that anticheat was given kernal access to my pc I uninstalled the game until they removed it.

  • Everyone talking about EAC has no idea what they're talking about. It's the server model. 99% of the things are done on the client and the servers barely handle any of the game logic. Simply that.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Id like a decent anticheat but I also don't want a repeat of denuvo when doom eternal came out. When I heard that anticheat was given kernal access to my pc I uninstalled the game until they removed it.

    You're gonna have to uninstall Dbd then.

    One of the big topics of discourse in the Linux gaming sphere recently has been Tim Sweeney's statement on porting Fortnite to the Steam Deck, where Sweeney argues that Linux would be too difficult of a target and the market not big enough to warrant the amount of resources it would take to bring all of Fortnite on the platform.

    > EAC also contains a kernel-level component, which on Windows is installed as a kernel driver. This allows EAC code to run at a very privileged level and inspect essentially any and all parts of the system in order to detect tampering.

    I don't know if every EAC configuration has kernel access nor which one Dbd uses though.

    🦆🦂

  • @Nos37 said:

    There's seriously no in-game mechanic that detects insane move speed, even while slugged?

    A survivor hanging from an invisible hook, and the game registers that as normal??

    How is this obnoxious [bad word] still happening?

    https://gameclips.io/Nos37/8d2876e2-98e9-4832-87df-b6a438d28ebb

    It was the Cheryl-- I mean the Cybil Bennet with the Ebony Memento Mori and no perks equipped who was cheating. Glad the other survivors went along with it and had a blast.

    Uninstalled, btw.

    Because, in a nutshell:

    • There is a limit to how much anti-cheats can poke into what you are doing on your PC, without violating privacy laws.
    • Obfuscation of cheaty programs has never been more sophisticated.
    • Cheating is now a ridiculously lucrative industry.

    @tippy2k2 said:

    Because an anti-cheat system that wouldn't be an absolute embarrassment in the 2000s cost money. BHVR would rather force their player base to deal with it and police their game. Then they don't have to spend money on it, player experience be damned.

    Yes, EAC is weak.

    However...

    Even games with expensive proprietary anti-cheats tend to have hackers. I can only think of one PvP game that doesn't, and that's LoL. And that's because LoL is handled almost entirely server side.

    It stinks, but these days - if you can afford a beefy monthly fee and hang out in the right Discords, you can have a hacking suite for almost any game on the market.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326351/how-are-cheaters-able-to-get-away-witth-so-much

    Because, in a nutshell:

    • There is a limit to how much anti-cheats can poke into what you are doing on your PC, without violating privacy laws.
    • Obfuscation of cheaty programs has never been more sophisticated.
    • Cheating is now a ridiculously lucrative industry.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981513#Comment_2981513

    Yes, EAC is weak.

    However...

    Even games with expensive proprietary anti-cheats tend to have hackers. I can only think of one PvP game that doesn't, and that's LoL. And that's because LoL is handled almost entirely server side.

    It stinks, but these days - if you can afford a beefy monthly fee and hang out in the right Discords, you can have a hacking suite for almost any game on the market.

    I don't even mind if they didn't have better anti-cheat since we all know the spaghetti code this game is built on would go haywire and manage to ban 3/4 the player base

    That said, it shouldn't be faster and less complicated to do my taxes than it is to report someone. I imagine a major part of why cheaters can stay so rampant is most of the player base doesn't realize you can't just click REPORT and be done with it (and people like me who DO know how to properly report don't bother because I've got better things to do then waste 15 minutes of my life policing BHVRs mess)

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981682#Comment_2981682

    I don't even mind if they didn't have better anti-cheat since we all know the spaghetti code this game is built on would go haywire and manage to ban 3/4 the player base

    That said, it shouldn't be faster and less complicated to do my taxes than it is to report someone. I imagine a major part of why cheaters can stay so rampant is most of the player base doesn't realize you can't just click REPORT and be done with it (and people like me who DO know how to properly report don't bother because I've got better things to do then waste 15 minutes of my life policing BHVRs mess)

    Yeah here I'd agree completely. It's absolutely ridiculous that to report someone I need to be recording all my games.

  • It also has something to do with the Source Code of the game getting leaked a long time back.

    Same thing happend to Tf2