Explain to me : 32000 points, 8000 in each category, but only one pip?
Doesn't sound right.
Doesn't sound right.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's been several years since the ranking system has been based off points.
I'm just saying it's weird.
Not entirely.
You don't lose gained Bloodpoints mid-trial for any reason, whereas you can lose progress to your Emblems by playing poorly.
It's entirely possible to stay in a match long enough to perform enough actions to maximise your score categories, while also losing progress to your Emblems by repeatedly losing chases, getting hooked, stuff like that.
Is it?
you get benevolent points for unsafely unhooking, you get chasing points for dull totems. Neither of those contribute to pip/grade and give actually plenty of points. There is examples for probably any category in both sides.
So not finding 3 of the survivors in about 80 seconds while chasing another one I found 30 seconds into the game is playing poorly? ^_^
I guess skills starts by not being sent in a big map ;)
Oh, and not being in the iridescent ranks.
And then, next game I'm having almost the same match but only 31700 points and I got two pips (but this time I went full gen regression).
I'm not discussing the mechanic by the way. It's the fact that you can have an high score and not the maximum amount of pips.
The score should be lower to reflect that.
I should probably have mentioned it's as killer.
I getting 32000 points as survivor is extremely rare (for me). My typical ceiling is around 26000.
It's because if the game is too one sided you won't pip up, this is one of the things I hate when I play killer because you could mop the floor with them and them being good players and still not pip because you didn't spend enough time doing certain things the game expects you to do, but as a killer the faster I end the match the better it should be, I find myself throwing the survivors a bone at times so I can actually pip off the game if I know it's been too one sided and it shouldnt be that way.
I should probably have mentioned it's as killer.
I getting 32000 points as survivor is extremely rare (for me). My typical ceiling is around 26000
well and i did mention there are examples like this for every category and for both sides.
for killer side, it also heavily depends on the killers power and how you use it.