Player Filter
Can we please have an advanced filter for Match Making? I don't want to point fingers at any specific platform, but I'd honestly like to be able to not play with Cheaters. Console/Epic users or Steam users with VAC/Game bans(regardless of the game). I don't stay in games with people blatantly cheating and i'm sick of getting a high DC penalty.
Sure I can turn off cross play, but then that would disable me from playing against players on other platforms all together.
Comments
If you mean to not be matched with players having a recent (e.g. less than a couple of years) ban for any game, I would like this also.
However it may break the matchmaking and queues even further.
Thats what i'm saying. And I don't want to go against brand new Steam accounts, because they are typically cheating. At least in a majority of MY games. I've video reported so much and gotten so little reply from BHVR on tickets.
I haven't had a "normal" game since before Christmas and it makes me want to just re-retire lol
To be perfectly honest, I don't play lobbies with ...
I'm getting way less cheaters that I used to.
That's how Steam calls accounts with one game. (Our, apparently, very few games)
And the reason: People typically register a new steam account and use that account to "test" things instead of using their actual account.
Back in the mists of ages when this game was p2p and could packet sniffed super hard, we had a third party program that let people make lists of players and let you know when you were in a lobby with them.
This immediately went from filtering out cheaters to filtering people who used killers who played characters others didn't like and survivors who were good at the game. Queue times started to balloon after a while.
I would like this one, but also for not Steam players. Also a notification for all the f2p accounts from Epic would be nice.
Yeah, they would see you played Doc and all equip Calm Spirit. Once I fould out, I always queued up as Doc and then switched to the killer I wanted to play. It was always funny to see all the CS in the after Match screen.
Yeah ive been playing since 2016. Ive never had such an issue playing against cheaters since they made the game F2P for Epic users. Quite literally just had a silent chainsaw Bubba. Typically this is a bug that happens once or twice but this guy had it the whole game. I think it's time I just called it quits again and just watch people stream. This was a silly suggestion, as BHVR's track record proves they won't QOL something like this since it has to do with the queue. We are lucky to turn cross play on/off.
This won´t happen.
Why not? instead of a staunch reaction give a reason why not? Its not going to hurt the queue one bit. It'll hurt "My Queue"
I don't want to play with 2-3 man SWFs if i'm solo. 3 minutes ago I literally got farmed by one. I don't want to play with people who have game/vac bans. I don't want to play with private profiles or EPIC users(because this is where a majority of cheaters call home). I don't have issues with console players besides them being 50/50 potato.
These harbor a vast majority of toxic games. I wish to not participate while not having to dodge lobbies and check profiles. This is an easier fix than actually dealing with sketchy players.
Instead of a ramping DC penalty, they could have a reward system for completing X amount of trials in a row. Like I suggested to them on Twitter, which would also curb DC issues.
A lot of people asked for some kind of filter or ban system. For other players, for killers, for maps they don´t like.
Bhvr said they would not do any kind of this.
Because it probably would impact the whole system. Also what would you do - ban a certain amount, a group, what?
Every SWF group would end up blocked - and they don´t want to hurt the SWF - we already know that.
I never mentioned any of that. SWF? Didn't mention it. Not maps, specific killers, or any of the sort.
You went to the opposite end of the spectrum.
People with VAC bans/Level 0 Steam accounts are extremely shady, because they are typically cheating. Epic users currently house the most cheaters in comparison to every other platform. There is quite literally NO denying this if you've played as much as a lot of us have.
You can also throw VPN users on this list too, because they do not at all help the lag issue. When someone from Russia pops over to North American servers, this is a roughly 30,000 mile difference and is blatantly being used to gain an unfair advantage. Killers and survivors who are beyond 2,000-5,000 miles joining games in locations they aren't close to, have been found to cause problems. I would bet money this is where rubberbanding becomes even more frequent than just poorly maintained servers.