It's cheating, right?

In a game I've just played, I've downed a survivor and grabbed him next to a pallet. He hit me with the pallet right at that moment.

He had Flip Flop and Tenacity but I doubt it's active in two or three second, right? That would be pretty stupid.

Comments

  • Maybe it was a stealthy pallet save and you didn't notice? I've had pallet assassins come in and get a surprise save when I thought no one was around.

  • @BenOfMilam said:

    Maybe it was a stealthy pallet save and you didn't notice? I've had pallet assassins come in and get a surprise save when I thought no one was around.

    No, two deads, one slug and him.

  • They would need power struggle for that and it takes some time to recovery to be ready.

    Did you get the notification?

    Are you sure that no one else was around?

  • Boon: Exponential + Unbreakable? You can get a lot of recovery progress in a very short amount of time

  • @Bwsted said:

    They would need power struggle for that and it takes some time to recovery to be ready.

    Did you get the notification?

    Are you sure that no one else was around?

    Two dead, one slug. I didn't see a notification but I was shocked.

    To be clear : I was in "The Game". I've downed the survivor on the other side of the closest basement pallet and grabbed him immediately. As I turned, I got hit by the pallet.

    @BenOfMilam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975267#Comment_2975267

    Boon: Exponential + Unbreakable? You can get a lot of recovery progress in a very short amount of time

    No boon, as for Unbreakable it was literally an instant down/grab.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975270#Comment_2975270

    Two dead, one slug. I didn't see a notification but I was shocked.

    To be clear : I was in "The Game". I've downed the survivor on the other side of the closest basement pallet and grabbed him immediately. As I turned, I got hit by the pallet.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975274#Comment_2975274

    No boon, as for Unbreakable it was literally an instant down/grab.

    If they didn't have Power Struggle and the only other person alive was slugged, it kind of doesn't matter what the map is. If they didn't have Power Struggle and that happened, then yes it was cheating. If they did have Power Struggle, idk? Maybe?

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975270#Comment_2975270

    Two dead, one slug. I didn't see a notification but I was shocked.

    To be clear : I was in "The Game". I've downed the survivor on the other side of the closest basement pallet and grabbed him immediately. As I turned, I got hit by the pallet.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975274#Comment_2975274

    No boon, as for Unbreakable it was literally an instant down/grab.

    In that case no, that save doesn't make sense

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975301#Comment_2975301

    If they didn't have Power Struggle and the only other person alive was slugged, it kind of doesn't matter what the map is. If they didn't have Power Struggle and that happened, then yes it was cheating. If they did have Power Struggle, idk? Maybe?

    I've never used that combination so I don't know. I'm pretty certain he was cheating but I wasn't 100% sure. It felt pretty ridiculous.

    As I thought.


    I was playing a low-MMR killer so I didn't have my recorder running. That's a bummer.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975270#Comment_2975270

    Two dead, one slug. I didn't see a notification but I was shocked.

    To be clear : I was in "The Game". I've downed the survivor on the other side of the closest basement pallet and grabbed him immediately. As I turned, I got hit by the pallet.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975274#Comment_2975274

    No boon, as for Unbreakable it was literally an instant down/grab.

    Then, barring a case of humongous desync, which would still seem iffy with that chain of events, then it does look an awful lot as a hack.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.

  • @Talamasca said:

    Here is cheating - had to survivors in game that flew across map, insta healed, caused other survivors to scream; and then insta killed them on hook while twerking. I got the steam ids for both the players who were also speed running across the map.

    Yes, I used to get about 3 cheaters per night, obvious ones. It has calmed down after the ban wave. I'm also avoiding certain profiles.

    @Talamasca said:

    And then after me and the person I was playing with got back to leader board - the game crashed and we had to send a crash report. But not before I got the person's name and identifying information.

    Nice. Apparently these stain have a way to crash your game is you try to follow the match after getting to the end-game lobby.

  • If there’s no exponential in play as you mentioned then you need approximately 7.1 seconds of recovery time with UB before you’d have enough for power struggle + flip flop to work. Without UB, 9.6 seconds.

    So yeah, sounds like they were cheating.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I tried the build before but never got in a situation where I could really test it yet but I think if you use unbreakable, no mither, flip flop and power struggle you might have just enough time to to get enough recovery progress to use the pallet if the killer has normal M1 recovery speed.

  • Did the survivor win? Sounds like a scenario where you’d just chase them down again.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    I tried the build before but never got in a situation where I could really test it yet but I think if you use unbreakable, no mither, flip flop and power struggle you might have just enough time to to get enough recovery progress to use the pallet if the killer has normal M1 recovery speed.

    No unbreakable in play. No power struggle either. Also that was literally 2 or 3 seconds.

    @Steel_Eyed said:

    Did the survivor win? Sounds like a scenario where you’d just chase them down again.

    He kind of vanished and escaped. I didn't see anything so I couldn't say there was a speed-hack there.

    As for winning, no. Cheaters don't win.

  • If you think they are cheating, they most probably are

    I lost count on cheaters. Subtle speed hacks, boil over, insta power struggle,...