Some killers have much lower BP gain than other killers, how to fix it
This image shows my BP gains after an 11 hook game on Myers with the last survivor getting hatch. It was decently long, with plenty of Tier 3 stabs and most survivors fully stalked. I was using Beast of Prey to increase my Hunter gains, but I've done some testing and I don't think there's anything wrong with the Hunter category, it's the same for all killers. Though some killers like Stealth killers get fewer, it can be remedied by using Beast of Prey.
However, this image does show very low Brutality and Deviousness gains. While some killers gain these categories incredibly easy, others will have a very hard time with these categories, even while having a "good game".
I feel it would be very sensible to streamline the BP gain of killers. You shouldn't make fewer Bloodopoints just because you have shorter chases due to your power. I'll first make a list of killers that struggle with Brutality points due to instant downs, then a list of those who struggle with Deviousness points even when using their powers right.
Low Brutality Points:
- Bubba
- Hillbilly
- Myers
- Artist
The first three are obvious. They have an instant down ability, but gain no additional BP for it. So they end up "skipping" health states, but still getting only one hits worth of Brutality BP. Ghost Face gets a 500 bonus for instant downs, as does Oni, so I suggest that these 3 get a Brutality bonus too.
Artist is a bit of a special case, the thing about her is that damaging a player with a bird actually doesn't grant you any brutality points. At least this is the case when you first swarm, then hit them with a bird. Obviously damaging any health state should give brutality points.
Low Deviousness Points:
- Myers
- Plague
- Legion
- Pig
These all have their unique struggles with Deviousness points due to their power, but I'll quickly go through them.
Myers only gains deviousness from stalking and tiering up. The problem is that it doesn't add up to 8000 even with max stalk on all survivors. I suggest a 300 Deviousness bonus for hitting survivors in Tier 3. I'd also suggest a 500 deviousness point bonus for hitting survivors in Tier 1, since then Tier 1 Myers builds could still gain some Deviousness Points.
Plague relies mostly on her Corrupt Purge to get Deviousness points, but when the survivors don't cleanse, you don't get to use it. I propose that regular hits on targets fully infected by your puke give 300 Deviousness points. She also struggles with Brutality points since she'll often go through fewer health states, but that's just how it is I suppose.
Legion just has low Deviousness points gain in general, especially if survivors don't allow your to chain your hits. Even in a good game he can be far from maxed out in Deviousness. I think that a 300 bonus for downing someone afflicted by Deep Wounds would make sense, and let him build up Deviousness even with the survivors spreading out.
Pig can gain up to 2000 deviousness points from her traps. She also gains a decent amount from her power. But, her power is very hard to use in a chase, especially against good survivors. To improve her Deviousness gains, she'd need the "Plague Treatment", and get some improvements to how smooth and easy it is to use her power.
I may have missed something, but in short, add some bonuses to brutality BP gains for instant downs, and add some additional Deviousness Score events to the characters that struggle with Deviousness.
One more thing. I would personally move the "All survivors killed" bonus from Deviousness to Sacrifice, and decrease it to 2000. Kind of like the survival category for Survivors, it makes little sense that killing everyone gives Deviousness, that'd be like getting boldness points for escaping.
UPDATE:
Here's an example of a 10 hook billy game where 1 survivor got hatch. There were plenty of downs on healthy survivors, and as a result the Brutality points simply aren't high enough.
Another example, 8 hook game.
For Myers, Bubba and Billy, I don't think they need a 500 bonus like Ghost Face and Oni, as their powers require a bit more setup, but at the very least 300 bonus for getting hits with their power would be very fair. Also, it's very fitting to get a bonus to Brutality for instant down abilities, it just makes sense you know?



Comments
Demogorgon has no problems getting BP, so play Demogorgon now
Remove the 8k-Category Cap and this is fixed. Keep the 32k-Cap overall.
I second what you write - but it's not just killer. - How points are awarded needs to be looked at on a whole. Atm it feels pretty arbitrary on a number of occasions. Both as killer and survivor.
I think this could maybe work for survivor, but not killer. If you equip speed limiter on Bubba and use Distressing you'd get 32k in 2 chases.
For survivor, I definitely agree. It's like there's a "limited" amount of Altruism points. No one got downed or hooked? 0 points then. You weren't there to get the unhook? No points for you. So you can play a great game with many chases and gens, but barely get 20k points.
Maybe there should be some team wide bonus you get if no one gets hooked or downed, or perhaps you could get 50% of the Altuism points when someone else performs an altruistic action if you're currently in chase or at a generator while it happens? Kind of like how the emblem works. Also perhaps Escape could grant you points for however long you stayed in the trial up to 4000, then the "Escape" gives another 4000? That'd be more inline with the killers Sacrifice category.