Anyone Dealing With Lag/Rubberbanding?

Ive noticed that with the midchapter update, my game has been considerably more laggy (to the point to where it is unplayable in most cases) and I have to deal with rubberbanding even when Im not lagging (which can cause me to lose chases as both survivor and killer).

If you are wondering if it's my internet, my internet handles every other game fine (typically getting 40-60 ping), DbD is the only game that I have lag issues with, well, it's the only game I have performance issues at all with.

Combine that with last-gen Console FPS issues and the game becomes incredibly frustrating to play, Ive basically barely touched this game over the past few weeks, and missed most of the Bloodhunt event just because of it.

Does anyone else deal with this issue? If so, how much does it affect your gameplay?

Comments

  • I have it but only when I play killer. Been playing a lot of survivor since new challenges came out and not once have I stuttered or rubber banded. Really sucks when you are in chase about to get a hit then all of a sudden you stutter and end up several meters behind where you appear to be behind. This has been brought up a bunch and I have no idea why it hasn't been fixed. No it is not my computer or my internet connection. I have played a bunch of other games with more demanding specs than DBD and it doesn't happen. Pretty embarrassing that it isn't being addressed since it started with the last patch and it seems to have been buried.

  • @Virghoul said:

    I have it but only when I play killer. Been playing a lot of survivor since new challenges came out and not once have I stuttered or rubber banded. Really sucks when you are in chase about to get a hit then all of a sudden you stutter and end up several meters behind where you appear to be behind. This has been brought up a bunch and I have no idea why it hasn't been fixed. No it is not my computer or my internet connection. I have played a bunch of other games with more demanding specs than DBD and it doesn't happen. Pretty embarrassing that it isn't being addressed since it started with the last patch and it seems to have been buried.

    For me i was able to fix it by lowering my fps from 120 to 100. I know some people are getting it on console too which is odd. I don't know why it worked for me.

  • It rarely happens to me, but yes, it is still there.

  • Yes. And it's not fixed in ptb.

  • Enough times where it's a problem.

  • Sad spaghetti code.

  • I keep seeing people bringing this up constantly... Haven't seen it happen at all. I play on XSX. Is it more of a PC problem?