Anyone else excited for dissolution?

This perk sounds pretty strong imo. I’ll definitely be running it on my Clown with STBFL for some insane chase potential

What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

  • more worry about that flashlight perk the survivors are getting always hated flashlight now I don't know.

  • Looks terrible tbh. Waiting 3 seconds for a limited time mediocre ability. Spirit Fury is much better tbh. I can't decide if that or septic touch is weaker.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    more worry about that flashlight perk the survivors are getting always hated flashlight now I don't know.

    You will be getting this perk instead of a current meta perk. It will be a meme perk at best for survivors.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    This perk sounds pretty strong imo. I’ll definitely be running it on my Clown with STBFL for some insane chase potential

    What are your thoughts on it?

    It will be fun to see how viable it will be and how some people mix it with other perks and killer powers. Clown could benefit from this perk a lot, like you said.

  • I think it has some potential.

    It's fun that it works on any pallet with any survivor in your terror radius.

  • @JoByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966657#Comment_2966657

    You will be getting this perk instead of a current meta perk. It will be a meme perk at best for survivors.

    or troll perk like head on which I also hate just saying.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Looks terrible tbh. Waiting 3 seconds for a limited time mediocre ability. Spirit Fury is much better tbh. I can't decide if that or septic touch is weaker.

    The only scenario where the 3 seconds causes this not to work is where you hit them with a swing right in front of an already dropped pallet and they use a portion of their speed boost to vault the pallet immediately.

    Spirit Fury causes you to still be stunned, for 3 seconds, by being hit by a pallet, after breaking 2 pallets, which takes 4.52 seconds combined.Dissolution causes the survivor to ignore a dropped pallet making wide loops you can catch them at, leave the tile, or leave the tile.

    Only activates after they're injured so, if they Dead Hard to a pallet to drop it, they can't vault that pallet to get away from you at that loop.

    If we're just comparing to one other Perk with an either/or situation Brutal Strength would be a better comparison than Spirit Fury because sometimes with Brutal Strength it could just be better to bulldoze through the pallet.

  • Dissolution will suffer from the Blood Favor syndrome. A perk that has a very small window of usage that ends up getting no use at all.

  • I don't know, do survivor get a notification after getting hit?

    If yes, then they can just vault a pallet immediately after the hit and then strategically switch to using window only, if the map layout fits, and the perk will be hard counterable by survivors aka the whole effect of the perk might be in survivors hands.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Looks terrible tbh. Waiting 3 seconds for a limited time mediocre ability. Spirit Fury is much better tbh. I can't decide if that or septic touch is weaker.

    Spirit fury is better but nor for clown imo since pre dropping is his main counterplay and forcing a pallet stun can be difficult. Plus it requires enduring to be worth using

  • Probably pretty mediocre on most killers. Only exception are those rare few where you cant realistically hold w against, who can get an easy first hit on you and who can be countered by pallets.

    So the killers i can see this perk absolutely working on are

    1- Blight

    2-Legion

    3-Wraith?

    4-Sadako? and maybe Dredge?

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Probably pretty mediocre on most killers. Only exception are those rare few where you cant realistically hold w against, who can get an easy first hit on you and who can be countered by pallets.

    So the killers i can see this perk absolutely working on are

    1- Blight

    2-Legion

    3-Wraith?

    4-Sadako? and maybe Dredge?

    Pinhead, land the chain and walk on through once they finish vaulting.

  • Sounds like a pretty good perk for killers who's most efficient counterplay is predropping

  • @burt0r said:

    I don't know, do survivor get a notification after getting hit?

    If yes, then they can just vault a pallet immediately after the hit and then strategically switch to using window only, if the map layout fits, and the perk will be hard counterable by survivors aka the whole effect of the perk might be in survivors hands.

    Vault what pallet immediately? Are you assuming that the only times survivors get their first hit by killers they are immediately next to dropped pallets?

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    Dissolution will suffer from the Blood Favor syndrome. A perk that has a very small window of usage that ends up getting no use at all.

    That's exactly what I thought when I first read it.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966747#Comment_2966747

    Vault what pallet immediately? Are you assuming that the only times survivors get their first hit by killers they are immediately next to dropped pallets?

    A dropped pallet survivor tend to loop around?

    Not every killer is like me and breaks every pallet immediately for points (yes i don't play to win but for BP, fun, meme and stuff).

    My point is that if survivor get a notification after the hit then, after a bit of experience with the perk, survivor have all the agency to deny it's effect, given they aren't in a dead zone with only one pallet as an option. So it's not a perk to empower a killers decision making but a perk trying to get survivors to make a mistake.

    Personally i don't care for this perk, i don't use meta and play whatever i feel like with the exception of bbq for points and our lord and saviour Lightborn. I just don't see any hype necessary for a mediocre effect that lies probably in the hands of the survivor.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966777#Comment_2966777

    A dropped pallet survivor tend to loop around?

    Not every killer is like me and breaks every pallet immediately for points (yes i don't play to win but for BP, fun, meme and stuff).

    My point is that if survivor get a notification after the hit then, after a bit of experience with the perk, survivor have all the agency to deny it's effect, given they aren't in a dead zone with only one pallet as an option. So it's not a perk to empower a killers decision making but a perk trying to get survivors to make a mistake.

    Personally i don't care for this perk, i don't use meta and play whatever i feel like with the exception of bbq for points and our lord and saviour Lightborn. I just don't see any hype necessary for a mediocre effect that lies probably in the hands of the survivor.

    They do get a notification, but the only time they'd be able to vault a pallet within 3 seconds is if they were already close to a pallet that had already been dropped.

    Having to run around a loop where vaulting would be ideal or having to run to another tile can be just as bad. It doesn't just punish mistakes.

    I'm saying saying its a game changer, but it'll have its uses. It's not terrible.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966795#Comment_2966795

    They do get a notification, but the only time they'd be able to vault a pallet within 3 seconds is if they were already close to a pallet that had already been dropped.

    Having to run around a loop where vaulting would be ideal or having to run to another tile can be just as bad. It doesn't just punish mistakes.

    I'm saying saying its a game changer, but it'll have its uses. It's not terrible.

    3seconds at base speed is 12 meters, more with the hit sprint boost (dunno the value).

    That should be normally enough of a headstart to make it to another loop, with the exception of mobility or projectile killers.

    It remains a niche perk, whose effect lies completely outside of the killers influence. It is upt to the survivor to vault the pallet or not.

    And even worse when it is like you said and there isn't even any dropped pallet, again extremely niche and in my eyes not worth this or any hype over it.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Looks terrible tbh. Waiting 3 seconds for a limited time mediocre ability. Spirit Fury is much better tbh. I can't decide if that or septic touch is weaker.

    Actually this effect is potentially stronger than Spirit Fury when it triggers because it doesn’t require the killer to be stunned by a pallet to trigger. So if the survivor vaults the pallet the killer never actually stops moving and loses zero distance against them with Dissolution.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966765#Comment_2966765

    Pinhead, land the chain and walk on through once they finish vaulting.

    This wouldn't work unfortunately because the perk only breaks pallets that are fast vault over. A slow vault from a chained survivor wouldn't do it.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966769#Comment_2966769

    This wouldn't work unfortunately because the perk only breaks pallets that are fast vault over. A slow vault from a chained survivor wouldn't do it.

    and thus, my hopes are shattered into nothingness.

  • Well that's one less Boon Totem :D

  • Not too excited for it on the survivor end. I don't like perks that function as cheesy reverse cards.

    It will feel really bad to drop a safe pallet with the intent of playing it only to have it break under me. It won't feel like I got "outplayed" in any sense of the word.

    I can probably burn 23 seconds in between hits if I know the perk is active. Spirit Fury is pretty easy to play around. Never play for stuns against a killer with Enduring.

    I don't know. I just don't like the idea that a killer doesn't have to actually win a vault mindgame because they have this one perk.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not too excited for it on the survivor end. I don't like perks that function as cheesy reverse cards.

    It will feel really bad to drop a safe pallet with the intent of playing it only to have it break under me. It won't feel like I got "outplayed" in any sense of the word.

    I can probably burn 23 seconds in between hits if I know the perk is active. Spirit Fury is pretty easy to play around. Never play for stuns against a killer with Enduring.

    I don't know. I just don't like the idea that a killer doesn't have to actually win a vault mindgame because they have this one perk.

    Yeah, honestly it seems like it's going to be really annoying to go against. It's a really cheesy perk.

  • that took me much longer than i wanted to get, but thanks for making my day lmao

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not too excited for it on the survivor end. I don't like perks that function as cheesy reverse cards.

    It will feel really bad to drop a safe pallet with the intent of playing it only to have it break under me. It won't feel like I got "outplayed" in any sense of the word.

    I can probably burn 23 seconds in between hits if I know the perk is active. Spirit Fury is pretty easy to play around. Never play for stuns against a killer with Enduring.

    I don't know. I just don't like the idea that a killer doesn't have to actually win a vault mindgame because they have this one perk.

    Yeah it’s definitely not a fun perk to go against. Still seems like a strong option for killers like Freddy or clown

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not too excited for it on the survivor end. I don't like perks that function as cheesy reverse cards.

    It will feel really bad to drop a safe pallet with the intent of playing it only to have it break under me. It won't feel like I got "outplayed" in any sense of the word.

    I can probably burn 23 seconds in between hits if I know the perk is active. Spirit Fury is pretty easy to play around. Never play for stuns against a killer with Enduring.

    I don't know. I just don't like the idea that a killer doesn't have to actually win a vault mindgame because they have this one perk.

    Cheesy Reverse Card Perks? Then it should feel right at home with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966835#Comment_2966835

    Cheesy Reverse Card Perks? Then it should feel right at home with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike.

    Forum killers when they haven't mentioned Dead Hard for 5 minutes:

    image.png


  • As i was typing that joke I literally thought "Is it possible to casually mention Dead Hard without turning it into a thread about Dead Hard? Let's see."

    Guess it's not.

  • @Hex_Hitokiri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966915#Comment_2966915

    oh that chicken face killer's perk?

    ah well it's actually pretty useless 1 time use and done and gone? i'll pass tbh it's pretty useless for a perk slot

    It can activate multiple times in a trial.

  • @Hex_Hitokiri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966915#Comment_2966915

    oh that chicken face killer's perk?

    ah well it's actually pretty useless 1 time use and done and gone? i'll pass tbh it's pretty useless for a perk slot

    It isn’t a 1 time use. It can activate again when the 20 seconds are up

  • "Injuring a survivor by any means."

    I wonder if a Trapper could use damage on disarm Bear Traps and that would activate this Perk.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966906#Comment_2966906

    As i was typing that joke I literally thought "Is it possible to casually mention Dead Hard without turning it into a thread about Dead Hard? Let's see."

    Guess it's not.

    Maybe stop bringing Dead Hard up on threads that have absolutely nothing to do with it then? If you beat this dead horse any harder then the Entity is going to have to give David a third eye as well.

  • @Hex_Hitokiri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966927#Comment_2966927

    many people might not like it but it's the truth dead hard is too op like killers don't have the ability to restore a gen to 50% or restore it Completely

    same goes for DS too and unbreakable these are second chances and it's highly unhealthy for a killer who has to hook any survivor 3 times for death and also hit them 2 times with burst of speed

    so if you look at it it's reasonable and there's logic behind it

    Nothing unhealthy about DS or BT. They are just there to stop unhealthy killer strats

  • @Hex_Hitokiri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966936#Comment_2966936

    well ofc you would say that you're a survivor main after all

    gotta deny the truth and go your way

    How would you know? Not like it matters since I’ve played both sides extensively

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966835#Comment_2966835

    Yeah it’s definitely not a fun perk to go against. Still seems like a strong option for killers like Freddy or clown

    I could be wrong but doesn’t Clown’s gas prevent fast vaults? I think you only get medium vaults in the gas and Dissolution only triggers on fast vaults so the perk wouldn’t trigger if they are Intoxicated by Clown.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2966872#Comment_2966872

    I could be wrong but doesn’t Clown’s gas prevent fast vaults? I think you only get medium vaults in the gas and Dissolution only triggers on fast vaults so the perk wouldn’t trigger if they are Intoxicated by Clown.

    Pallets are only fast vaults or slow but even if slowed by gas it’s still fast