Are all the boring maps in rotation today?

I played 2 games and had to quit. First was with Legion on RPD. Nothing really terrible, I was only trying to do my daily but it did feel like my power was useless because of how limited the traversal is on that map. It was just a snooze fest where nothing interesting or fun happened. RPD loops are either safe or death and really uneventful in general.

The second, was way worse. I was playing Billy on The Game. 1 Survivor went afk, another wanted me to farm hook saves with the afk survivor, then there was a ttv who pre-dropped and camped EVERY pallet. There was also a baby jake who tried to be a juicer but he didn't really do much that match. So pretty much all the fun parts of playing Billy (going fast, hitting curves) were just not possible. I essentially played Break-Pallets-With-Chainsaw Simulator.

I'm not really pissed about it. I just don't know if I really want to play today if the games are going to be like this. These maps are boring because they let you just avoid all of the risky mechanics. Just hold W and pre-drop pallets. Might as well drop a giant sign in the middle of the map that says "NO FUN ALLOWED". If I could DC I would because I quite literally did nothing entertaining for 30 minutes.

Usually I like to write more constructive or creative posts, but it's nice to vent about things to the community at times.

Comments

  • Yep

    Got ormond 8 times in a row as survivor yesterday

  • Yesterday I had farm in 7 out of 10 games. I am not even joking.

    And I was mostly playing trapper.


    Whenever I spawned on it after my 2nd time, I was like what is going on today? No offerings either.

  • All I ever get every crap flavor of Coldwind Farm. It's gotten so bad I have to bring an offering just so I don't have to play on that awful map. What's up did they raise its' percentages or was every other map just lowered due to some bug currently?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No because this game doesn't have a map rotation at all. It's not splatoon

    there is usually a clear spawn bias daily, so while maybe not entirely a rotation there is priority.

  • I only played on ormond yesterday and only on ######### swamp today.

    And the last match was even a swamp offering after 5 games of random swamp.

    I am not malding at all

  • To be fair, how many good maps are there?

    The Macmillans are relatively OK.

    There aren't too many complains against most Autoheaven.

    I kind of like new Haddonfield.

    Is there another one?



    Among the bad ones there is Corn, Ormond, RPD and the big maps in general ...

    The Game is pretty much awful for most killers, same for Lery's.

  • @drsoontm said:

    To be fair, how many good maps are there?

    The Macmillans are relatively OK.

    There aren't too many complains against most Autoheaven.

    I kind of like new Haddonfield.

    Is there another one?

    Among the bad ones there is Corn, Ormond, RPD and the big maps in general ...

    The Game is pretty much awful for most killers, same for Lery's.

    I'm fine with macmillan, autohaven, crotus penn, yamaoka estate temple of purgation, ormond...the game if i'm playing blight otherwise no, lery's if i'm playing stealth otherwise no...

    survivor i'm good with anything that isn't rpd

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Yep

    Got ormond 8 times in a row as survivor yesterday

    Seriously 8 no lie!?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2967283#Comment_2967283

    I'm fine with macmillan, autohaven, crotus penn, yamaoka estate temple of purgation, ormond...the game if i'm playing blight otherwise no, lery's if i'm playing stealth otherwise no...

    survivor i'm good with anything that isn't rpd

    You may be fine with them, but some of that lot are a pain to handle with many killers.

    The Game is bad for most killers. I don't know for Blight (I'm not good enough with it) but for Nurse it tends to be a win. (Not as much as Midwich though). Lery is good for stealth indeed. It's one of my weakest maps. Too many ways to hide and break line of sight. I'm not too fond of stealth killers though so there is that.

    RPD should be good against most killers too, but its layout isn't very easy.

  • get the farm and swamp to much.