Do we have any news about the stuttering who has started with 5.7.0?

Every streamer watch still has it and it looks pretty bad.

Even if I felt like going into a match, I only have to remember that to be dissuaded.

The stuttering happened in the PTB too btw.

Comments

  • They're fully aware of it, it was still an issue in the PTB however, lets hope the full release of the patch will fix the issue.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The ptb has a tentative fix for rubber banding, but it's been acknowledged that the tentative fix doesn't work. For rubber banding though.

    I've missed the acknowledgement. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

  • I’m not confident it will get fixed. The performance of this game is hot garbage compared to every other game I’ve ever played. People come to this forum talking about how they have lag/stuttering on systems with RTX3080 and the latest processors, so it’s not a hardware issue. The devs just don’t seem to be very serious about optimizing the performance. The game ran just fine on my PC back when I started playing a few years ago, but it’s been getting worse and worse

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    I’m not confident it will get fixed. The performance of this game is hot garbage compared to every other game I’ve ever played. People come to this forum talking about how they have lag/stuttering on systems with RTX3080 and the latest processors, so it’s not a hardware issue. The devs just don’t seem to be very serious about optimizing the performance. The game ran just fine on my PC back when I started playing a few years ago, but it’s been getting worse and worse

    Devs have talked at length about optimization in an effort to raise old console FPS, so they definitely care dude.

    That and hitting a survivor to watch them teleport two tile sets down is absolutely unacceptable so chances are we'll see fixes soon.

  • the game has been struggling for years now- they definitely need to update the servers... If Fortnite can host 100 people per match with less lag then I'm pretty sure its possible....

  • @kaneyboy said:

    the game has been struggling for years now- they definitely need to update the servers... If Fortnite can host 100 people per match with less lag then I'm pretty sure its possible....

    Fortnite battle royale mode is loaded with bots... probably a third of the 100 ‘players’ are human.

  • Its horrendous. Play as Oni and it stutters on M1 and when landing a demon strike. Its barely playable atm. No worries though, we have a dating sim coming 🙄

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    I’m not confident it will get fixed. The performance of this game is hot garbage compared to every other game I’ve ever played. People come to this forum talking about how they have lag/stuttering on systems with RTX3080 and the latest processors, so it’s not a hardware issue. The devs just don’t seem to be very serious about optimizing the performance. The game ran just fine on my PC back when I started playing a few years ago, but it’s been getting worse and worse

    No, it's not on "our" side. The game runs at 120fps when I get the stutters.

    I had an animation roll-back (opening a locker, as Huntress) so it's really rolling back in time.

    I was wondering if it wasn't some kind of server-side anti-cheat (against speed hacks) gone haywire. Apparently it's not.

    It could also only be validation glitching (I wonder if the stutters happen at the same time for everybody in the match)


    I mean, what else could rewind the game tick?

  • I've been screwed by jitters during chases and skill checks where the skill check dial jitters and messes up my timing, resulting in me getting caught & dying a bunch of times. But I guess things like this aren't important to BHVR. Just get more content rather than fixing the broken game.

    Still no fix to the HUD either which has resulted in many deaths of myself & team mates who think someone who they weren't aware went to 2nd phase still has a whole hook to go before death. Shame on BHVR for not making that & the jitter issue their first priority.

  • @AykDanroyd said:

    I've been screwed by jitters during chases and skill checks where the skill check dial jitters and messes up my timing, resulting in me getting caught & dying a bunch of times. But I guess things like this aren't important to BHVR. Just get more content rather than fixing the broken game.

    Still no fix to the HUD either which has resulted in many deaths of myself & team mates who think someone who they weren't aware went to 2nd phase still has a whole hook to go before death. Shame on BHVR for not making that & the jitter issue their first priority.

    Oh yes, it makes sense. Skill checks are client-side but if the time rewinds it's insane. As survivor the "worst" it made me do was to drop a pallet or vault because I moved back 50cm while doing the action.

    (I just got your name btw, nice one ^_^)

    @SMitchell8 said:

    Its horrendous. Play as Oni and it stutters on M1 and when landing a demon strike. Its barely playable atm. No worries though, we have a dating sim coming 🙄

    The stutters made me miss several blinks (basically lose a chase), and miss many hatchets. But for M1 killers it felt even worse. (If I recall, it was messing-up with the loops and mind-games)

  • imagine performance issues being fixed

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2964512#Comment_2964512

    Oh yes, it makes sense. Skill checks are client-side but if the time rewinds it's insane. As survivor the "worst" it made me do was to drop a pallet or vault because I moved back 50cm while doing the action.

    (I just got your name btw, nice one ^_^)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2964498#Comment_2964498

    The stutters made me miss several blinks (basically lose a chase), and miss many hatchets. But for M1 killers it felt even worse. (If I recall, it was messing-up with the loops and mind-games)

    Haha thanks :)