Can we please have prestige clarification? It's the only confusing thing about the stream

Hi, so I stopped prestiging my Characters around the time Felix release, as I found I spend so much bloodpoints on them by the time I wanted to play a killer I'd have no bloodpoints or very little to buy the addons I wanted so I stopped.


Here's my question, the blog on the forums states that if you're P3 before the update comes out, your character will receive a "distinct" award, however I have spent many bloodpoints maxing the perks of most of these P1 survivors, the blog also states that If you have done this you will receive some sort of compensation in the form of prestige levels depending on what you've spent, will the "distinct" award be granted after the compensation or do I need to rush and get these survivors to P3 Level 1 to get these things?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I find some of the comments here about being disappointed with certain potential rewards baffling, be it shards, bp's or whatever. Some people are even going so far as to say that if all they get is shards/bp's then prestiging has been a waste of time or they will stop playing the game altogether - this doesn't make sense. Those of you who have prestiged characters already did so of your own accord knowing full well that the only thing you were getting in return was a bloodied cosmetic and a small increase in odds of receiving rarer items in the bloodweb.

    How would it now suddenly have been a waste of time if for example, the only reward was 10k bp's, just because they've recently announced that their will be distinct rewards given? Was it not the same "waste of time" prior to the announcement? None of you expected anything for prestiging characters to level 3 until a couple of days ago.

  • @Princeharlequinhq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958805#Comment_2958805

    I hope whatever the reward is, will be something as exciting as a legacy skin because a lot of playtime went in to prestiging all of my killers to p3 :/

    It's not a charm or cosmetic at the very least. Personally I hope whatever it is will be obtainable by other means as well.

    Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958357/#Comment_2958357

    🦆🦂

  • @Princeharlequinhq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958805#Comment_2958805

    I hope whatever the reward is, will be something as exciting as a legacy skin because a lot of playtime went in to prestiging all of my killers to p3 :/

    It will most likely be currency or a special nameplate or character portrait banner or something.

  • Will bloody cosmetics be obtainable in the new prestige system?

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    if its not fashion, whats the point?

    (even then, its better than a charm)

    Shards maybe? Or maybe an icon for the scoring screen?

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958357#Comment_2958357

    If it's not a cosmetic I don't know what you could give us that really justifies the amount of BP we sank into the bloodwebs.I hope it's not just blood points or shards.

    To be fair shards is the equivalent of money toward getting DLC so it’s not bad.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959952#Comment_2959952

    To be fair shards is the equivalent of money toward getting DLC so it’s not bad.

    Even if it was shards I don't think it would be a significant amount because that's losing them money

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2960910#Comment_2960910

    Even if it was shards I don't think it would be a significant amount because that's losing them money

    Who knows? They did for instance give a huge number of players 6000 shards last year when they changed the Bubba cosmetics. It’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility they could be anybody who reached P3 by the update something similar.

  • @Cramps said:

    I find some of the comments here about being disappointed with certain potential rewards baffling, be it shards, bp's or whatever. Some people are even going so far as to say that if all they get is shards/bp's then prestiging has been a waste of time or they will stop playing the game altogether - this doesn't make sense. Those of you who have prestiged characters already did so of your own accord knowing full well that the only thing you were getting in return was a bloodied cosmetic and a small increase in odds of receiving rarer items in the bloodweb.

    How would it now suddenly have been a waste of time if for example, the only reward was 10k bp's, just because they've recently announced that their will be distinct rewards given? Was it not the same "waste of time" prior to the announcement? None of you expected anything for prestiging characters to level 3 until a couple of days ago.

    I think it's mostly that they a) brought it up in the stream b) wrote several paragraphs on it on the website c) called it a "special reward". - It's especially c) that just made expectations jump to heights that can probably never be reached. And now not giving any details isn't exactly helping with expectation management.

  • The only thing players want for pointlessly prestiging their characters is something that would others recognize during the match. No one is interested in charms or extra bps nor shards. Hell, I am not even interested in ACells. Just let others see that I was there playing the game and griding this obsolete progress system.

    I understand that you propably cannot make new skins because licensed characters are the thing. But at least for some original characters you could provide.

    Thank you.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2960419#Comment_2960419

    You're not losing anything, those who've not prestiged will still get the perks unlocked on the other characters and be given the same levels of perks in relation to what they've unlocked - this is the catch-up system in the blog post.

    The only thing that's not available is the reward for the players who have P3'd their characters.

    Thanks for clarifying, and sorry. It's frustrating that this wasn't explained on the Anniversary stream and had me and several others worried we'd lose our perks because we weren't prestige 3.

1 2 ›