A question about after-hit flashlight clickers

Lately, I've encountered multiple survivors that would click their flashlight after I hit them. Usually, I understand flashlight-clicking in my face as a taunt, like "haha, you didn't get me, loser", but here I clearly got them, they do it after I had hit them. So what's the point of clicking here? They are not taunting me in this scenario, they are literally losing the chase, so I don't get it. I've tried to come up with an explanation, but I failed.

Could anyone help me understand the point of this, ideally from someone who does that themselves?

I'm genuinely curious here.

Comments

  • If you did not down them it could be to keep you chasing them while the rest of the SWF bangs out the gens

  • they are trying to annoy you into quitting? yea its dumb

  • Assuming it's not baseless trolling, which it very well may be, it could be to make sure your attention stays on them so their teammates can keep progressing the objective?

    Genuinely not sure, can't say I do it myself.

  • I've sometimes seen survivors do this to switch directions quickly so they can dead hard in your face. But usually, I cannot explain this behavior.

  • Yea I'm not sure about that I only click if I mindgame them , or get them to whiff at a window

  • When I do it, it's usually a "That didn't hit me and you know it" click, but it can also mean "Ok, you got me. Let's keep going" kind of thing.

  • It's basically just bruised ego. They're essentially taunting you and implying you got lucky is all and that you aren't actually good.

  • They do it because they see Ayrun & his buddies doing it. Gamers can be such sheep sometimes, it’s pathetic. Reminds me off how some Overwatch pros punch air or Bastionmain spams the “hi” emote during downtime, to stay focused. They do it because of how their brain works. But then you have these wannabes in droves imitating those actions and it does absolutely nothing for them (not all, but most).

    As far as why Ayrun does it- I have no clue. I can only speculate it’s because it looks stylish (subjective).

  • That kind of clicking is probably "stay on me" clicking; they don't want you to decide someone else is a better target with their speed boost, or to go defend a gen. Though some people are just addicted to clicking and do it with every possible second of free time they have near the killer.

  • If I do it, it's saying A: we both know that hit was BS, or B: commit to me and not the gens/death hook players