Just remove hook suiciding already

I seriously don't get why it's there, if kobeing is a problem just remove it unless surv has a perk.

It's basically DC but on command and without any penalty and frankly there is not even a good reason to keep it as is.

Comments

  • I mean if a player gives up... they are just going to, not participate. Can't ######### on first hook, they will AFK kill themselves on second. Remove the survivors agency on both stages, they will just afk until death. Because players, have the option to leave, after a player dies, survivors will always have a reason to suicide on hook.

    However if you remove survivors ability to leave a match after dying, killers will be able to hold matches hostage, even after a player dies. Its one of those things with no real solution, and I think we just need to deal with it.

  • dont face camp the hooks and people wont suicide as often. every action has a reaction.

  • You can't force people to stay in a match they don't want to play.

    If the killer is camping at 4-5 gens and my team isn't doing anything I want out

  • @HexDaddyissues said:

    dont face camp the hooks and people wont suicide as often. every action has a reaction.

    People even suicide on hook for just getting found first, being tunneled (that I can understand to a degree), being outplayed or because [insert any tech here] did not work. This happens more often than suicides because of face camps.

  • I don't see how that would work.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Imagine wanting to keep people in a game so you can subject them to whatever scummy ######### you’re pulling. That’s the only reason to ask for this

    It's not always like that, I played with a twitch streamer some time ago and he simply walked to the killer, got himself killed and suicided immediately on his first hook, the killer didnt even face camp or did anything wrong, the killer went to his stream and started asking him why and he said he got himself killed just because he didnt like the map and didnt want to take another penalty (because he had already received like 2 other penalties that day and didnt want to wait for the ban restriction to be over) people use the suicide option sometimes just to get out of the game fast and avoid a penalty just because they don't like the map, or they don't like the killer, I also had a guy suicide on hook because he didn't like playing against a nurse...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947585#Comment_2947585

    So is disconnecting somehow better then? I don’t really understand. If someone doesn’t wanna play that particular round then whatever.

    You are just making queue times longer, we waited like 10 minutes for a match just for a guy to suicide and leave, we waited an additional 10 minutes after that for the next match, if they want to disconnect that's fine as long as they get a penalty ban for leaving, allowing people to get around the penalty ban by suiciding just allows them to do it multiple times and make the game worse for more players, god knows how many times he disconnected in a row to the point were he started suiciding to stop getting banned, ruining the game for many other players...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947607#Comment_2947607

    Do you feel the same way when killers give up and just stand there?

    Yes, I didn't wait 10-15 minutes to have a match were nothing happens, it's boring. It's not that bad with other games when queue times are fast, I play LOL and if someone disconnects you get to queue again and usually you are queued within a minute (1 minute queue time, if someone Dc's it's maybe another 2 minute queue time, 3 minute average wait time for 30 minutes of gameplay) in DBD getting a bad match like that just means 10 minute wait followed by 4 minute gameplay followed by another 10 minute wait, 20 minute wait time for 4 minutes of gameplay (you end up playing a game that made you wait longer to find a match than the time you spend playing it) now imagine that I had 2 bad matches in a row, 30 minute wait time for 5 minute gameplay, why would I want that?

  • @HexDaddyissues said:

    dont face camp the hooks and people wont suicide as often. every action has a reaction.

    Huh? If I face camp and they suicide, that's just free win thanks to their own sacrifice for losing.

    I say this purely because it's just bad design and will hurt everyone, while not contributing anything to the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947585#Comment_2947585

    So is disconnecting somehow better then? I don’t really understand. If someone doesn’t wanna play that particular round then whatever.

    You know disconnecting is against rules and there is a reason for it? it just doesn't makes sense when DC isn't allowed because it hurts the match, yet they gave survivors a tool to throw game on purpose without any penalty.

    Both is equally game breaking, and that is the reason one has a penalty, why do we have a method to practically DC without any penalty then?

  • I don't really want kobes to be removed, yet I also can't think of any solution to this that doesn't involve removing them.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I don't really want kobes to be removed, yet I also can't think of any solution to this that doesn't involve removing them.

    you could just make chance much lower (like 2% or 1%) and give one or two free try of kobeing, it's pretty negligible for balance as long as it's not boosted by luck, so probably we has to remove luck effect on kobes too in that case.