Can we killers have the ability to press "space" and cancel the action when breaking a pallet?

Normally we can cancel the action when kicking gens and with this I want to go to the mindgames part, I know that staying in front of the pallet and doing the animation of looking down usually works, but the thing is that we can press the "space" to break it and even cancel the animation to make the player mindgame.

This could be a very strong "feature" for the killer and I know it, but I present the idea to the community, what do you think?

Comments

  • Depends on when you could cancel the Pallet break, I think it'd be fine. If you can only cancel it around the beginning, it's good, but being able to cancel whenever would be too good imo

  • I honestly don't know how useful it would be.

    I'm all for options though.

  • You want the devs to add something that will benefit the killer??? I'm sorry but in this game the only things that will be added are things that benefit survivors...

  • Yes, and survivors should be locked into totem and exit gate animations too.

    Touch the gate latch, you stuck holding on until it's over. :)

  • It can be tried on a PTB to see how powerful the thing is.

  • If you could cancel it at any time it would be literally game breaking, as survivors would have no time window to leave the tile, defeating the purpose of the animation lock entirely.

  • I thought about it too, but then realized it would make very hard for survivors to safely gain distance after a pallet throw.

  • @Bwsted said:

    If you could cancel it at any time it would be literally game breaking, as survivors would have no time window to leave the tile, defeating the purpose of the animation lock entirely.

    @White_Owl said:

    I thought about it too, but then realized it would make very hard for survivors to safely gain distance after a pallet throw.

    Wouldn't it be only bad for the people that want to blind you after every pallet tho? When you normally throw a pallet the killer either runs around it if the tile is playable and if not I need to kick it.

    With the ability to fake the kick some good mind game opportunities could arise and isn't every body always saying the chase and the mind games are the fun part ^^.

    Plus maybe it could weaken maps that have many pallets like the game a bit

  • Nah I disagree. If you could cancel the action that would be very effective at getting the survivor to get far enough away from a loop to then follow up and get a hit without breaking the pallet. Breaking a pallet is supposed to be a time-consuming action that gives the survivor an opportunity to make distance.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941327#Comment_2941327

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941358#Comment_2941358

    Wouldn't it be only bad for the people that want to blind you after every pallet tho? When you normally throw a pallet the killer either runs around it if the tile is playable and if not I need to kick it.

    With the ability to fake the kick some good mind game opportunities could arise and isn't every body always saying the chase and the mind games are the fun part ^^.

    Plus maybe it could weaken maps that have many pallets like the game a bit

    The addition of this feature would create more mind games, in my opinion. I don't think it would be "extremely strong", but it would create more fun games around the pallet.

  • @Bwsted said:

    If you could cancel it at any time it would be literally game breaking, as survivors would have no time window to leave the tile, defeating the purpose of the animation lock entirely.

    I don’t think it would be “game breaking” any more than faking a hook grab is gamebreaking, for example. It would look just as silly though if the killer fake-kicked for a split second to see if the survivor would run and they didn’t and this happened a couple of time in rapid successipn.

  • I have a feeling this would leave the strong pallets unchanged and make the weak pallets weaker since, you can fake someone into making them leave a weak pallet but most strong pallets are so good that even if you walk around them you're losing just as much time as if you had just finished the entire break animations anyways

  • There is no point in not breaking a pallet early since its absence will penalize the survivor who will come back here later.