Double Rift Fragments should be default.

Title.

I know they already made the grind smaller but boy is the rift still grindy, specially for a battle pass that you have to buy with real money.

Other games have battle pass that you can buy with in game currency by simply playing and are not as grindy as this one.

The double rift fragments was a bliss. I'd like to see it as either default, or get double every weekend.

Comments

  • I mean the rift is supposed to be getting rewards for grinding, and they've made it easier already. Honestly i don't play often and i always finish them, i feel like people who don't finish it are either very casual players who don't care or people who just don't have time to play, so doubling the fragments wouldn't help. I do personnaly buy to the premium track after having completing it (or at least completing enough to reimburse it) in case I can't finish it, but it's never happened.

  • @Annso_x said:

    I mean the rift is supposed to be getting rewards for grinding, and they've made it easier already. Honestly i don't play often and i always finish them, i feel like people who don't finish it are either very casual players who don't care or people who just don't have time to play, so doubling the fragments wouldn't help. I do personnaly buy to the premium track after having completing it (or at least completing enough to reimburse it) in case I can't finish it, but it's never happened.

    I always finish them too but there are people who full time jobs and school. I'm not a casual at all.

    If me, who has a lot of free time still has to grind it a lot, I can't even imagine people who don't have the time to do so.

    Just because someone has a life outside of DBD doesn't mean they don't like the game and should be able to complete the rift too.

  • For me I work alot so I never finish any of the rifts and sadly don't have enough disposable income to buy a new pass each time, and the free section is not even inviting enough to even care about it. Yes it has a full outfit but it's so spread out with vast amounts of empty space that there is no incentive to even work towards it.

  • I just wish I knew it was in effect, I would of saved my challenges when it went back to single reward.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    DBD has the easiest battle pass of any game i've played, as long as you are doing challenges. I don't think they should make it any easier because i am already on like rift 21 and there is like 65 days left and i've played this new patch for less than 15 hours.

    RDO battle pass I could finish in a week and I could buy it with in game currency so it was free. Way less grindy than DBD and with as much as useless stuff (recolored charms etc).

  • Nah. I got to 25 in 3 days of playing. The rift lasts for like 60 days.

  • @gendoss said:

    Nah. I got to 25 in 3 days of playing. The rift lasts for like 60 days.

    I'm glad you have the privilege of having a lot of free time :)

    But you aren't the entire population. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Do you have a full time job or school?

    Edit: and yea, you got to 25 in 3 days because this weekend it was double rift shards.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934841#Comment_2934841

    I'm glad you have the privilege of having a lot of free time :)

    But you aren't the entire population. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Do you have a full time job or school?

    Edit: and yea, you got to 25 in 3 days because this weekend it was double rift shards.

    Im 21 with a full time job.

    And yes my point is that if it was 2x shards all the time you could complete it in like 1 week.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934861#Comment_2934861

    Im 21 with a full time job.

    And yes my point is that if it was 2x shards all the time you could complete it in like 1 week.

    I also mentioned it being x2 every weekend, which i think its fair.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934564#Comment_2934564

    I always finish them too but there are people who full time jobs and school. I'm not a casual at all.

    If me, who has a lot of free time still has to grind it a lot, I can't even imagine people who don't have the time to do so.

    Just because someone has a life outside of DBD doesn't mean they don't like the game and should be able to complete the rift too.

    I mean I get that, but the goal of battle passes is literally to reward players who play a lot (and give a goal to the playerbase so they don't get bored). It's unfortunate that some people want the rewards but can't play enough, but it's the way it is. And as many people say in DBD you don't even need to play a lot to finish it, unless you don't select challenges for some reason. I do wish the free track had more stuff in it tho (even just bloodpoints and iri shards) for people who don't buy the premium track bc they can't finish it or can't buy it.

    Also to be fair the cosmetics are put in the store later on so people can buy them with iri shards if they missed the rift, it's not like they can't get them ever again.

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934566#Comment_2934566

    I mean I get that, but the goal of battle passes is literally to reward players who play a lot (and give a goal to the playerbase so they don't get bored). It's unfortunate that some people want the rewards but can't play enough, but it's the way it is. And as many people say in DBD you don't even need to play a lot to finish it, unless you don't select challenges for some reason. I do wish the free track had more stuff in it tho (even just bloodpoints and iri shards) for people who don't buy the premium track bc they can't finish it or can't buy it.

    Also to be fair the cosmetics are put in the store later on so people can buy them with iri shards if they missed the rift, it's not like they can't get them ever again.

    I'm sorry but I just understand people who defend this kind of grind. I'm over 5k hours right now, so I obviously play a LOT. I still think it's grindy and not fair for people who have a life outside of DBD.

    Making it double rift fragments weekends wouldnt ruin your experience and would improve it for other people.

  • I'm not opposed to having more double experience events on weekends, it helps those who don't have much time available for the game.


    We could even have rare quadruple more exp events in the last few days of rift.


    I only disagree with making it default, because I don't think it would be viable since it involves 2 important things in the game for devs: monetization and attracting more players on specific days. Making it default will negatively affect both

  • if you focus on getting challenges done (which you're able to finish in one game or less generally) you should have no issue finishing the rift well ahead of time. I'm already at tier 19 and I play maybe 10 or so matches a night of both killer and survivor on average (some nights less, some nights a ton)

    As for it being a pass you have to pay for, technically you only have to pay for it once and if you finish it you end up getting all the other rift passes for free.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2935131#Comment_2935131

    I'm sorry but I just understand people who defend this kind of grind. I'm over 5k hours right now, so I obviously play a LOT. I still think it's grindy and not fair for people who have a life outside of DBD.

    Making it double rift fragments weekends wouldnt ruin your experience and would improve it for other people.

    I'm not saying it would ruin my experience and wouldn't mind at all if it was implemented lol, I'm just saying I don't see happening bc there's no reason for BHVR to make a system that keeps people playing less grindy; the quicker it is to complete the less people would play because many people (me included) only play when there's a new chapter or a rift.

  • The rift already goes by too fast as it is. I say this because I play both sides. It throws rift fragments at you. If you're someone who saves completed challenges to redeem later, that's your problem. Every single challenge gives a certain amount of rift fragments. As long as you claim the challenge while the rift is still open, you'll see your tier level skyrocket. That's if you're in the habit of saving them.


    But if you're only playing one side, that's your main problem. You're playing half the game. So no, I disagree with making the rift even more ridiculously easier. My rift is always done well before level 4 drops. Before it would be completed within a week of level 4 releasing.

  • @ProfSinful said:

    if you focus on getting challenges done (which you're able to finish in one game or less generally) you should have no issue finishing the rift well ahead of time. I'm already at tier 19 and I play maybe 10 or so matches a night of both killer and survivor on average (some nights less, some nights a ton)

    As for it being a pass you have to pay for, technically you only have to pay for it once and if you finish it you end up getting all the other rift passes for free.

    I'm already on tier 32 and I still think it's grindy.....

    @SpaghettiYOLO said:

    The rift already goes by too fast as it is. I say this because I play both sides. It throws rift fragments at you. If you're someone who saves completed challenges to redeem later, that's your problem. Every single challenge gives a certain amount of rift fragments. As long as you claim the challenge while the rift is still open, you'll see your tier level skyrocket. That's if you're in the habit of saving them.

    But if you're only playing one side, that's your main problem. You're playing half the game. So no, I disagree with making the rift even more ridiculously easier. My rift is always done well before level 4 drops. Before it would be completed within a week of level 4 releasing.

    I also play both sides and finishing all challenges still doesn't give you enough rift fragments to finish the rift, you still have to play a lot of extra matches.